Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:11 AM
Default Prison Architect
The game I have been playing most lately is Prison Architect http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/

It's only a 2D game, but the simulation is quite gritty - none of the lala rainbows of later sims games. They take drugs, riot, and you even need a mortuary in the game (no grim reaper to tidy up - the bodies need carrying by guards). The aim is to build up reputation and funding by decreasing escapes etc and by rehabilitating prisoners so they don't reoffend.

The game is still in active development and there is a new alpha each month. But you do have to pay $30 for it - then all updates are free.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:57 AM
Sounds like fun - what's the colour scheme like? Gray, acid yellows, orange? I ask because you have to spend hours staring at the screen and I'm not sure I could cope with depressed colours.

Yeah, I know. Daft question.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:53 PM
Just went on Steam; there's a new update for Prison Architect today. Apparently the game allows modding now!

As for the colour scheme, it's quite realistic. Mostly subdued browns, greys, and such. And the prisoners wear the traditional orange uniforms.

Here's a link to it on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233450
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
New update just came out; sounds pretty impressive. Prisoners now have reputations and behaviors based on these reputations, making the overall prison much harder to balance and maintain.

I'm just starting a new prison; can't wait to see how it develops!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
I got this game, it's fun!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Banned
#6 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:55 PM
This game is good. I play it every once in a while. Built a high risk prison, and now a tazer going off is now routine.