Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Jun 2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Solved. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not questioning Fate here.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim won't give birth ... SOLVED.
I'm stumped. In the ten years since I started playing, I never saw this before.

My Sim was pregnant the last time I left her. Things were going well.

However, for some reason, when it's time to give birth now, one of the following happens:

1. If I leave the event camera on, the Sim gives birth to one baby (she was due to have twins), but the cut scene shows her walking away. One baby is on the ground, the Buy/Build mode is grayed out, and I can't have her pick up the baby or find the other one. No music. The baby seems suspended in mid-air ... no Mom holding the baby. Next scene, Baby is on the ground. Also. I can't name the babies.

2. If I leave the camera off, I don't get either kid. She also walks away.

Things I've tried:

1. Resetting the Sim.
2. Terminating the pregnancy with Sim Blender and starting again. Same thing happens.
3. 50/50. It's what we tell everyone else ... check for CC.
4. Using the summoner.
5. Making sure aging is on (it was).

My next move will be to try moving the family in and into a new lot and seeing what happens then.

How can I unglitch this lovely lady?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:32 PM
Move her out and to a new lot to have the babies on.

Do you have one of the teen woohoo mods? This has been known to happen with the wrong one installed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:36 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Jun 2017 at 9:47 PM.
Just did that. Same thing. And I don't have Inteen. Never used it.

Batbox is next. This is for my contest game, which actually doesn't have many downloads, so it wasn't in this folder.

EDIT ... Batbox found nothing. I tried the lot almost completely vanilla again ... just the Blender and No SIm loaded. That's it. Same result. So it's not a download issue.

I don't mind if this pregnancy is glitched, but it seems all others are as well. Next would be to see if she can adopt. At this point, since it's a contest folder, it might do. First, though, I'll reset dear ol' Dad to see if HE'S glitched.

Link Ninja
#4 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:49 PM
You manage to get some of the weirdest problems in your game gazania!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:53 PM
Is this a premade Sim? I've had similar issues with some premades giving birth (although it worked if I left the special events camera off), but I never did figure out the issue.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Jun 2017 at 10:26 PM.
What is a pain is that this is the Walter lot. It HAD no CC on it. Well, now it has the Blender, but it didn't before then!

Dad is fine. Mom is fine. What the .... ???

Adoption is next. It might be that Mom herself is glitched, but I don't want to kill her off .... not until the end of the contest.

I will delete the groups.cache folder, too for good measure.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking mom or the whole family is glitched. I have something similar on my Handmaid hood. The Day family, poor people. Once a woman reaches her teens she tends to die. I've moved them around, prayed over them, every thing I can think of to do. It's the family. I've just written it into their biography that the family is cursed.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:02 PM
Moving the pregnant sim ( no need to move the whole family) normally fixes a glitched birth. It's not a uncommon problem, glitched birth. I had a couple in Coral Bay, one I had to move out and the other sim had glitchlets (expected 1 got 2)

Oh no the Walter's? Makes me nervous there was something wrong with my foundation although I don't see why there should have been, I made the M&G one in AGS and AndrewGloria made the base game one in AGS.

Gazania you do have smarter EP check in with No Sim Loaded I take it. if for some reason smarter EP check has stopped working that will give you glitched births.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:04 PM
Okay, I just had to look back through my screenshots to jog my memory. I was having difficulty with Cassandra Goth giving birth. I used moveobjects to outright delete her from the lot and reset her by the mailbox. Did you try that, or just force error?

I also had trouble with Vidcund's birth, because he kept trying to watch TV in the middle of the cutscene. I think I fixed that by moving him to another room with moveobjects.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:07 PM
Also this is a help question, moving.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM
And it's a solved help question.

I have no idea what happened or why. It might have been when I had the driver glitch, it messed up the Groups.cache folder, which messed up another thing or two I didn't realize. Hey ... I'm not that great on techincal stuff, but I think it's as good as a hypothesis as any. But I reset both Sims on the new lot one more time, deleted the groups.cache folder (I'm spoiled .... in my real game, it's automatically set at 0, and I never have to worry about it), and the glowing mother and beaming father are now the proud parents of Christopher and Sophia.

I do admit, though, this might be a sign for me to put out my last entry in that contest ASAP, make sure I have all the lots I want packaged, clone the Rhodes (I really did become fond of them), back up the hood in case I ever want to play it again, and test all lots on a test hood in a vanilla game using NSL AND the Smarter EP check (that didn't cause the problem, but it really should have been in there), and delete all Sim references. Use the Cyjon ball AND Chris Hatch's orb to make sure there is nothing amiss. Then put those lots in the lot catalog, take 'em out, and make sure they work OK. I really can't think of anything else I should do before putting these in a test hood in my good game.

Right now, it's time to grow those babies up and test them on the community lot I made for the contest. Thanks, all!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:32 PM
Glad to hear it's sorted.

~Call me Jo~