Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 1:35 AM Last edited by captcupcake : 20th Jun 2017 at 2:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom recolors packaged in lots not showing in game -- SOLVED
Hi all.

I've recently decided to start simming again, and I'm working with my download of the Ultimate Collection. Everything was working great, until I downloaded some custom makeover lots for Pleasantview. I've used a lot of these lots before, and they've always worked just fine on my old disc versions of the game. But with the UC, every single lot has a bunch of objects that should have custom recolors, but are displaying in their Maxis default colors/patterns instead, with none of the recolor options in the thumbnails. I also have a ton of walls and floors that are not displaying in various lots.

Here's some pictures to better illustrate:

What it SHOULD look like:

What it actually looks like:

At first I thought it was a CEP problem (I did forget to install it initially...out of practice ), so I installed manually, with MMAT in my program files (tsdata/res/sims3D) and GMND in my downloads folder in My Documents. Relaunched the game. Apparently, this is not the culprit. So then I made sure CleanInstaller was directed at the right pathway for Ultimate Collection. It was.

I've tried uninstalling the lots and reinstalling them with clean installer, but it's as if the game cannot find the custom recolors that were packaged with the lots, and I cannot figure out what else it could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm just an idiot and didn't realize the recolors I was looking for have never been packaged with the original lot. I've just always had them, so I've never noticed. Mystery solved, but maybe this will help someone else.