Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:21 PM
Default Currier & Ives Christmastime Village
I'm kind of hesitant to put this up, since I haven't even started the lot yet, so bear with me for a moment here... there's three points I need to make before I get to my question.

I just received my copy of the Happy Holidays SP, finishing off my TS2 collection (I'm one of the few people who didn't download the UC). I've gotten in the habit of creating a lot to showcase the features of each new EP or SP as I buy them, as much so I can figure out what all is available as anything. (For example, my lot "The Tower" was made right after I got Glamour LIfe, I made an in-game version of the house from the Seasons painting "A Home for All Seasons" after I got Seasons, etc). There's only so far that Happy Holidays goes, but I've kind of been kicking around the idea of a little New England village for a while, and combining that with the new stuff from HH could work pretty well as I see it. I'd love a Sim lot in the style of some of the Currier & Ives prints that adorn Christmas cards every year... I'm going to make a lot like this regardless of the opinions I get here, but that brings me to my next point-

I spend way more time on lot design than on any other aspect of the game- I make lots for uploading here, and I also make lots that are just for my own use. There's a few lots that end up falling into both categories, but for the most part, my own personal lots are designed very differently than the lots I make for MTS. So, this lot could go one of two ways- either just for myself, or something to share with the community.

Finally, there's always lots of festive holiday spirit around November and December, but for most of the year, Christmas stuff isn't exactly in vogue... so, I guess all three of these points combined really brings me to my actual question here!

Should the Christmas village lot that I'm planning be something I should make with the idea of uploading it to MTS sometime around Thanksgiving? Or should I just play around with it for my own interests, and leave my uploads limited to things that aren't holiday-specific?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
I think a Christmas themed lot would be a great idea, Z. I shall look forward to seeing it :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!