Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#201 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:36 PM
I don't hate any of the pre-made sims. I feel like there's so many ways to interpret them. Every time I play I find myself finding new sides to their characters, and for most of them their faces are nothing a good make over with custom content can't turn halfway decent.
Advertisement
Theorist
#202 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:11 AM
That one, the one over there, her, her and him. (: Also the ones who show up on multiple hobby lots and don't even have a card to be at them. Oh, the evil witch too. I dislike the fact she can be banned on community lots, but not hobby ones, and the good witch ends up blocked too.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#203 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:21 PM
Not sure if I hate any premade, really.

I will say in a custom 'hood Bayside Flats there is a dead Sim named Damien. If you resurrect him and look at his face... Holy jelly sticks. That guy looks evil and possessed and I could NOT look at him. Good job whoever in the group that made him

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:37 PM
I don't think I ever play any of the Veronaville sims.

They just don't interest me too much. The houses have potential, but as far as the characters go.. not really my cup of tea.
Mad Poster
#205 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:06 AM
I really don't think I hate any Sims, though I can sometimes understand why some of my Sims hate each other! I think it was Sunbee who taught me to try to see things from the point of view of even the least sympathetic characters, like Consort and Tybalt Capp. It's hard to hate them when you know where they're coming from.

JayKenz, try creating some interesting CAS Sims in Veronaville and move them into some of the empty houses. That's how my love affair with Veronaville started. (There are plenty of empty houses in Veronaville.) Bear in mind that most of the houses in Eastside Veronaville are over 400 years old. Yes, they can sometimes be frustrating for modern living, but they have oodles of character. Don't delete or kill the playable pre-mades, just ignore them -- treat them the same as the townies. I reckon you need townies (or possibly lots of CAS playables) to play Veronaville; otherwise you just get Montys and Capps fighting with each other on every community lot visit. For months I just played my CAS Sims in Veronaville and ignored the pre-made playables, but slowly they worked their way into my game, and I play them all now. They are still quite wealthy compared to most of the Veronaville population, but they just have to accept that they're not the only pebbles on the beach.

Arguably some of the most "hateful" Sims in the game are the Capp menfolk, but it's worth noting that those keenest to fight for the Capp cause are all outsiders who have married into the family. The true Capps, the women (remember it's a matrilineal family) are generally much more reasonable. In my game I have long since tamed Consort (or rather his grandchildren have tamed him!) but I'm still a bit wary of Cornwall and Albany. Tybalt (who is a bloodline Capp) is turning into a little cutie -- best friends with Romeo and in love with Lexie Kauker, a feisty ex-Downtownie Fortune girl. I don't think of Kent as a true Capp at all. He ploughs his own furrow and has long since lost all interest in fighting with Montys. He has fallen in love with a (male) CAS townie called Daniel, but is still best friends with Bianca Monty, who, for her part has turned out to be a lesbian.

If you use Tarlia's cleaned-up 'hoods, her version of Veronaville doesn't include the townies. I think this is a pity as the Veronaville townies include some fascinating characters, and quite a few are now playable in my game. To help anyone wanting to play Tarlia's Veronaville, I have shared them all on my LJ. To add them to your game, you would have to add them through CAS and choose the "Make me a townie" option on a teleporter. You can get their personalities from the (Wikia) wiki.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:37 AM
Melissa Fancy. It started with those horrible pants she always wears. By the time a mod had been invented that let me change those, I had moved on to hating her hair, but just on her. It doesn't bother me on anyone else. I haven't seen her in awhile and good riddance.

I also haven't seen Goopy in years. I wouldn't mind him, though.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:32 PM
Hate is a strong word, but I will say I cannot look at Komei Tellerman for any amount of time. If I want an my sim to date a gorilla, there is probably a mod for that. And Charlie Tang? He could mine for gold with that nose. I never change the more popular townies, though. I like that originality in there. Marisa Bendett is also a person who will never get to date my "mades". She's always stirring up trouble, especially at Crypt O' Night it seems. I actually enjoy playing Brandi Broke in my rotation. I have tried a million times to find a date for Brandon Lillard, because he does have the kilt going for him ; I have thus deemed him undateable. That's pretty bad for a sim!
Mad Poster
#208 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:43 PM
There may be Sims I won't like in some of the Maxis hoods, since I haven't really played any of them, except for Strangetown.

As for the townies - I am truly fond of them and I really miss them when playing a hood without them.

Marisa Bendett married one of my Sims in one of my hoods. She turned out quite fine, became the first doctor in that hood too.
Brandon is a romance Sim, it should be impossible to not find a date for him!

(I really know them well )
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:17 PM
I've never actually played from Brandon's perspective. From what i see, it seems he has good traits, but interacting with him has always been difficult for some reason. Maybe it's my sim girls coming on too strong, and he's just a misunderstood guy. Or, maybe it's his love for fashion and politics? Lol
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Put a beard on Komei. Seriously. He's hideous until you give him a nice full beard. It works wonders, because his nose and mouth are not outsized like Goopy or what I call 'the Tinker template', and he breeds well with custom sims. He's one of my favourite maxis males so long as he wears a beard all his life. Never. take. it. off.

Haha, that's a great idea! Maybe I should try to find Komei a date, then. He's been single for years! Now I feel bad... lol
Page 9 of 9