Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 6:03 PM
(Gee, sorry Primavera I hope you don't mind me asking these questions on your thread....) Okay, so I left the Want Tuning & WooHoo files where they were in my Wants file in Program files etc since they are the reduced LTW from Squinge. I put a file named "zzzzzPescadoLTW" into my Mods folder (separated from his other Mods) and it's right at the bottom. I put Pescado's ltw_variety in there (since he said it was required) and uni_ltws_sns in there too. I think that's everything I needed to do, right? I hope they work together!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 6:27 PM
I'll quote the reply I made on tumblr:
Quote:
Got a better look at the mod and it appears they aren’t compatible, but you can still use woohoo.package and instead of using wantstuning.package open uni_ltw_sns, open the UI Data resource, scroll down to the lifetime wants, and change the numbers to what you want.

Sorry for the prior misinformation, I was too hasty in my reply.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
I dont have the LS careers and have never gotten those LTWs even with pescado's mod, and I don't think you're supposed to.

Thanks Radium, I guess I have tight pants then!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 7:21 PM
I get those missing LS LTWs frequently, but I don't let them bother me. I just reroll or cycle the LTW. I've done this for years and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems. I'm pretty sure my game has very tight pants.
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:18 PM
It's alright to ask questions @Fyren5! But yeah I've looked into Pescado's mod and I don't really like it either, so I'll stay with Squinge. Now that I know my game is safe I can live with the blank wants, I never indulge my Fortune sims and their buy furniture spam anyway. Maybe there's a mod out there that can stop that, how many paintings do they actually need . And I did take a peek into my game's Wants package to see if I can try updating the mod myself but the only thing I found relating to EP9 was 'Woohoo in Closet'. Maybe I wasn't looking at the right thing in the Wants package. I'll probably start a new thread about this and ask for modding help to see if I can do it myself.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you not get the broken wants that I have? Maybe something else I have conflicts with it.

I've never noticed any broken wants. I don't know what could be clashing. I don't have wfsanity; could that be a problem? I have ltwvariety.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've never noticed any broken wants. I don't know what could be clashing. I don't have wfsanity; could that be a problem? I have ltwvariety.

I think I have something that clashes with LTWVariety, so that's why I see the broken LTWs. I'm going to sort out all of my mods and give uni_ltws_sns another go, see if I can get it working correctly.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:06 PM
I have 3 mods that affect LTW (I have all EPs):
Piscado (AL) -- I don't use because when I cycle thru them some are not avail.
another one (by ?) that adds LTW that normally require college (like Natural Science) -- this is the one I have installed.
and another on that I don't know creator --"LTW numbersTweaks+unitws" - don't know what it is supposed to do.
And I still get blank wants - not blank LTW, but the other kind, on every age and Aspiration.
I very seldom do college (and wish Sims didn't whine about that!), but always change LTW, sometimes a number of times on one Sim! and want to be able to pick ANY LTW - only sad my custom careers don't have matching LTW.
SO... anyone know of other LTW mods? Is there such a thing as ADDITIONAL LTW?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 10:24 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 13th Mar 2019 at 10:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have 3 mods that affect LTW (I have all EPs):
Piscado (AL) -- I don't use because when I cycle thru them some are not avail.
another one (by ?) that adds LTW that normally require college (like Natural Science) -- this is the one I have installed.
and another on that I don't know creator --"LTW numbersTweaks+unitws" - don't know what it is supposed to do.
And I still get blank wants - not blank LTW, but the other kind, on every age and Aspiration.
I very seldom do college (and wish Sims didn't whine about that!), but always change LTW, sometimes a number of times on one Sim! and want to be able to pick ANY LTW - only sad my custom careers don't have matching LTW.
SO... anyone know of other LTW mods? Is there such a thing as ADDITIONAL LTW?

@grammapat Hope that this helps.

I have the following:
LTW numbersTweaks+unitws is the version of LTW numbersTweaks that kestrellyn made that works with the Pescado mod uni_ltws_sns.

Note: LTW numbersTweaks+unitws also works with Squinge's New LTW Enabled EP5 and I am quite certain that LTW numbersTweaks+unitws would work with Squinge's New LTW Enabled EP8 as long as it loads afterward

LTW numbersTweaks makes changes to the several LTW numbers: 50 1st Dates/50 Dream Dates have been reduced to 30; 20 Pet BFs/Raise 20 Puppies/Kittens have been reduced to 10; Get 6 Grandchildren/Marry off 6 Children have been reduced to 4; Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches has been reduced to 100

You mention that you have one "that adds LTW that normally require college (like Natural Science)" Do you have the Squinge one? That is "New Lifetime Wants EP8" it adds Lifetime wants for these careers: Artist, Show Biz, Natural Science and Paranormal, which require college. The Other one that I know that does add LTW that normally require college (like Natural Science), would be uni_ltws_sns by Pescado.

Mods that do something with LTW that I know of:
Squinge who has three: Lifetime Want Requirements Reduced EP8, New Lifetime Wants EP8, and for FT only Any LTW For All Aspirations - FreeTime Only.

Pescado has three: uni_ltws_sns {requires Seasons} Minimalist package adding/enabling Uni career LTWs. {the Same Careers that Squinge's adds} Also will enable LS career conversion LTWs IF you have them and have installed LTWvariety {another Pescado Mod}, Greater LTW Variety & Sanity {ltwvariety.package} changes how LTWs are rolled Pesacdo style {works with uni_ltws_sns if you have it} and Woohoo LTW Fix {woohooltwfix.package} this last one just makes a fix for the woohoo memory.

I like Squinge better than Pescao so I use Squinge's New LTW Enabled set, it is 6 files: WantTuning.package, Wants.package and 4 Memory files so that the Sims have Memories when they achieve the LTW.

uni_ltws_sns from Pescado and Squinge's New LTW Enabled files do pretty much the same thing I think.

I think that the last time Pescado's uni_ltws_sns was updated was Seasons and I think that you might have Blank Object Wants, basically anything added in BV, FT, AL or M&G

I use Squinge's New LTWEnabled EP5 and I get Blank Want to Buy Object wants for The Massage Table, The Hot Spring and The Sauna from BV, I sort of know what they are when I see them and the Want is fullfilled if I buy the item, so I don't worry about them. I pretty much only get them for Fortune Sims since they like to buy stuff.

If you use Sqinge's New Lifetime Wants EP8, I would expect that you would get Blank Want to Buy Object wants from M&G as I don't think this was updated for M&G stuff. If I was using it I would learn to recognize which M&G object it was and then buy it or just make the want re-roll.

I use LTW numbersTweaks+unitws in conjunction with Squinge's New LTW Enabled file set and LTW numbersTweaks+unitws loads after Squinge's.

As far as I know there are no other Added LTW other than the Uni ones, sorry. From what I have read one would need to have access to the Source Code to add any LTWs.

Also a suggestion {I got this from Jo if I recall correctly} Set your own condition(s) for your custom careers and then use the Bat Box to Toggle LTW Satisfaction to choose Platinum... In the Wants section when your Sim has met the condition(s) and you could also give Aspiration Points using Vincent's SimModder {Spawn or Numenor's Buyable}

Still other Mods that modify LTWs: Expanded and Reduced LTW by Alexx58 This looks really confusing to me and I don't have it--not recomending it, maybe a really bad write up of the description section http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=256620
LTW Variety Enthusiasm Based {Needs FT} http://www.modthesims.info/d/283220...05-02-2009.html

It is noted that These two mods are not compatiable with any of the other LTW Mods.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#35 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:28 PM
It seems to me that the memories are rolling OK. so the Want Trees must be working, the wants are showing up so they must exist but the text for them is missing which is in the Wants.package, in the text folder (not the Wants.package in the wants folder), perhaps that file has been replaced/overridden by something intended to alter the text on some wants.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 14th Mar 2019 at 5:16 PM.
None of my wants.package inside my Text folders have been touched since 2008. Which means, I must have a wants.package that should belong in the Text folder, somewhere in my Downloads folder, if I understood right.
So I got it to work.
For me, it was indeed the WantTuning.package (found in NewLTWEnabledEP8) from Squinge's.
I added both missing category to it, and now they show up.
When I did at first, I had kept his files in Downloads folder, as it is where he said to put them.
I then downloaded the reduced LTW kit, and edited its WantTuning.package, but this time, the edited one sits in my Wants folder and not in Documents.
Just add these 2 lines:
<category id="10112" name="Ceiling Fan" primaryIcon="0xff179002" secondaryIcon="0x00000000"/>
<category id="10113" name="Green Energy Source" primaryIcon="0xff179002" secondaryIcon="0x00000000"/>
Commit and save.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#37 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:34 PM
Where do I add these lines to exactly? Is it possible for a walkthrough sort of thing or is it really simple? Sorry, I'm quite dumb at this sort of thing. I'm super happy you got it to work though! :D
Mad Poster
#38 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Where do I add these lines to exactly? Is it possible for a walkthrough sort of thing or is it really simple? Sorry, I'm quite dumb at this sort of thing. I'm super happy you got it to work though! :D

Sorry, Fyren5!
The picture I posted is on the first page here :
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...441#post5508441
Open your WantTuning.package, and scroll down until you see what you see on my picture. See how the last line point to 10111?
Go at the end of that last line (10111), press Enter.
Copy one by one, paste one by one, the lines I typed..following, completing the list.
Let me know if you need more help.

Scholar
#39 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM
Could you show me how it's supposed to look, if possible? I'm following what you're saying but I don't know if I'm doing it correctly? I can take to PM instead if easier? Sorry about this but thank you for willing to help!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:50 PM
I sent you a PM.

Mad Poster
#41 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:37 AM
LordTyger9: OMG so complex! thanks for the info; now to wade through it to decide what I need..and how to make a mode "load first"..something about adding A or Z to the package? number..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
None of my wants.package inside my Text folders have been touched since 2008. Which means, I must have a wants.package that should belong in the Text folder, somewhere in my Downloads folder, if I understood right.
So I got it to work.
For me, it was indeed the WantTuning.package (found in NewLTWEnabledEP8) from Squinge's.
I added both missing category to it, and now they show up.
When I did at first, I had kept his files in Downloads folder, as it is where he said to put them.
I then downloaded the reduced LTW kit, and edited its WantTuning.package, but this time, the edited one sits in my Wants folder and not in Documents.
Just add these 2 lines:
<category id="10112" name="Ceiling Fan" primaryIcon="0xff179002" secondaryIcon="0x00000000"/>
<category id="10113" name="Green Energy Source" primaryIcon="0xff179002" secondaryIcon="0x00000000"/>
Commit and save.

@Rosebine I've been scratching my head trying to solve this all night the other night and you got it to work! So I edit the New LTW's WantTuning package and put Squinge's WantTuning.package in my game's M&G Wants folder? I don't have the reduced LTW mod though.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#43 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:07 AM
The tuning file in the mod you have, yes..edit it to add the 2 missing lines, then place it in your Program File. Rename the original WantTuning.package in there though first, so you have it backedUp.

Inventor
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Primavera : 15th Mar 2019 at 3:29 AM.
The tuning file in the mod you have, yes..edit it to add the 2 missing lines, then place it in your Program File. Rename the original WantTuning.package in there though first, so you have it backedUp.

Doing that now. I'll put the original WantTuning.package in a different folder on my computer then I'll open my game

E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶@̶R̶o̶s̶e̶b̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶D̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶S̶q̶u̶i̶n̶g̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶W̶a̶n̶t̶.̶p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶?̶

Turns out I'm a speed demon, forgot to hit 'Commit' . But I'm getting no blank want for the ceiling fan!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#45 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:42 AM
I just renamed mine to WantTuningbackUp.package, and it sits in the same folder
I am happy it works! ahah

Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Primavera : 15th Mar 2019 at 4:59 AM.
I just renamed mine to WantTuningbackUp.package, and it sits in the same folder
I am happy it works! ahah

Ah okay, I named mine '_Original', so I guess I can put it back in it's folder. Right now I'm waiting on him to roll a want to buy a Green Energy Source but I think it's safe to say you figured out the mystery! I owe you one!

EDIT: many Simoleons burned later and no Want, I guess it does work, if I buy him any more sculptures they'll be no more room to put his living chairs . But at least the ceiling fan is fixed!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#47 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
...now to wade through it to decide what I need..and how to make a mod "load first"..something about adding A or Z to the package? number..

@grammapat - When dealing with load order issues, I find it easiest to make a subfolder just for the conflicting mods and put them in that. The mods will load in alphabetical order of the file names. You may have to put an A or Z at the beginning of one file name to make sure they list in the order you want them in. You can see from my screenshot that I have a lot of conflicting mods.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:08 PM
OK I figured I would ask the group to help, if there is someone who feels like they want to do a fix for me with SimPE I would greatly appreciate it. I use Squinge's New LTWEnabled EP5 and I get Blank Want to Buy Object wants for The Massage Table, The Hot Spring and The Sauna from BV. I know that this is because Squinge never did a version of his files for EP6. He did update them later, but I don't have those EPs and I can't install them or use SimPE because I am one of those odd Mac using players.

If someone does feel like adding the three strings for The Massage Table, The Hot Spring and The Sauna from BV to the WantTuning.package from Squinge's New LTWEnabled EP5, please PM me. :lovestruc

I don't like to ask favours for the most part, I thought it might be OK in this case as it is relatively simple from what I gather.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Page 2 of 2