Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
Default Stiles or Steel?
Hi there. I'm starting a new legacy, and I have heard somewhere that Stiles McGraw and Christopher Steel both throw good-looking kids. Who is your preference? I can't choose, I've never used them before!
thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
Use which ever is more convenient. I haven't used either before-- I killed them both because they cheated on my sim Marylinne with each other.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
Use which ever is more convenient. I haven't used either before-- I killed them both because they cheated on my sim Marylinne with each other.

That is very funny.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:01 PM
Personally, I prefer Chris Steel, but I really don't play with Sunset Valley anymore because I'm really sick of all the basegame Sims!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:14 PM
I've played with Christopher Steel, but not Stiles McGraw. However, Steel gave my sims' children a strange nose (as I remember). So try Stiles.
#6 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:16 PM
Steele had children that turned out to be fat in my game. HIs son resembled him but he was fat as a young adult.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx

First actual internet lol of the day. Thank you.
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:46 AM
Stiles is kind of old, I prefer Steel since he'll be within a few days of your sim's age. His looks are decent, too. The drawback is that he has a really crappy LTW(perfect aquarium, or something like that), and iirc Stiles' was something a lot more fun(didn't he want to be a rockstar?). Steel makes decent kids, though, from what I remember.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:36 PM
Unless StoryProgression is quicker than I am, I usually hook them up with Gobias Koffi and call it a day. I prefer parthogenesis - no bad surprises.
Inventor
#10 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Unless StoryProgression is quicker than I am, I usually hook them up with Gobias Koffi and call it a day. I prefer parthogenesis - no bad surprises.

I never considered Gobias because I thought he was supposed to be gay, or at least his intro info hints that he is. Speaking of which, Blaise Kindle and Alma in Twinbrook intro info hints that they want to be more than friends, and another household, can't remember their names, but they're two guys living on the island, hints that they may be gay as well. I just got the game last night, and reading all their intro stories gave me a few giggles.

RE: Parthogenesis, are you using some mod or cheat for that?
#11 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:45 AM Last edited by babele44 : 21st Jul 2010 at 9:38 AM.
Oh, sorry, I meant that I actually hook Stiles or Steel up with Koffi. Gobias' story does indeed suggest that he might be gay, but I had one game where he married Jamie Jolina and had three daughters with her. The problem with Koffi is that his nose is something that should not be given to female offspring.

And for parthogenesis you can use the time machine, or twallan's MasterController, aka SuperComputer, although I am not sure anymore whether it allowed self-pollination for instant baby. If you travel into the past on a regular basis using the time machine you will not suffer from a lack of cloned children anyway.

Edit: Just checked again. You can perform parthogenesis on your Sim with twallan's mod. Either make it pregnant or use the instant baby option and choose your Sim as the donator. Works on both male and female Sims.
Inventor
#12 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:16 PM
Thanks, babel, that clarifies. I am a little bit put off by using Twallan's mod (no offense Twallan) because it seems as though it changes so much and offers too much cheating that I know I'd cheat more and then would get bored. How do you get a time machine? Must you have an inventor or is it a bought item?
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:04 AM
I guess that is a bit too off-topic and you should probably check the Ambition sections on how to get a time machine by eiher inventing or buying it at the consignment store
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Thanks, babel, that clarifies. I am a little bit put off by using Twallan's mod (no offense Twallan) because it seems as though it changes so much and offers too much cheating that I know I'd cheat more and then would get bored. How do you get a time machine? Must you have an inventor or is it a bought item?

Twallan's supercomputer mod really doesn't change anything in the way the game works... though it gives the player the power to change a lot of stuff It's all on you though, the mod really makes no changes to game mechanics by itself.

As for cheating, I think of it more as "adding advanced options"... from my point of view, the possibility of changing a sim's LTW is the completely indispensable one.

To each their own, though

The time machine can be made by an inventor, but the Consignment Store sometimes has em in stock.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:05 AM
I used Steele in my legacy and he popped out some cute children. Not run-of-the-mill cute, but cute Few generations down the line and the family is still the smexiest in town.
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Speaking of which, Blaise Kindle and Alma in Twinbrook intro info hints that they want to be more than friends, and another household, can't remember their names, but they're two guys living on the island, hints that they may be gay as well. I just got the game last night, and reading all their intro stories gave me a few giggles.

I really need to go back and read some of these household bios lol I recently restarted Twinbrook after all. The two guys living together could lead up to an interesting story line since the blonde one What'shisface Goode has a female on that same island pregnant when you start the neighborhood. Her name is Jenni somethingorother. The chick who lives with her parents in any case.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Inventor
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I really need to go back and read some of these household bios lol I recently restarted Twinbrook after all. The two guys living together could lead up to an interesting story line since the blonde one What'shisface Goode has a female on that same island pregnant when you start the neighborhood. Her name is Jenni somethingorother. The chick who lives with her parents in any case.

I didn't know Goode had impregnated anyone. I knew the girl was pregnant, but I didn't know by who. (But so far I've only played two households in the town). Perhaps that is what the bio was hinting at. Maybe Sinbad is supposed to 'help' Goode Goodwin with this future love child.
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM
I've actually wondered what this "help" could be. Rotter is in the criminal track, Goode wants to become a firefighting hero. The only three things I can imagine so far is either something evil and unspeakable to rid Goode of this child or arranging something nefarious where Goode might come out as a true hero ... or, and my current game suggest the third option: show Blondie how to use a condom because in this game Goode dates almost every woman in town. Yeah, very heroic.