Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default toddler sim not aging up in overstuffed household
Hello,
I am playing in an overstuffed household (just crested at 12 sims a few minutes ago), and I'm having an issue where one one of my sims who is supposed to be aging is failing to age up. The sim is a female toddler. I tried aging up the sim twice with cake before the set birthday, and the sim failed to age. The cakes remained unusable after the failed age up, but my Rebel sim still had the option to "Add Herb..." and the cakes could be "Cleaned Up" after they spoiled, so there was nothing wrong with the object. This was after most of the the other toddler sims in my household aged up, so I figured it might of been an error because of that. So, I waited until the sim's actual birthday, and yet even with the standard birthday age trigger the sim failed to age up. From observation, the action to "Have Birthday" appears in the sim's queue, stays there for about a sim hour while the respective sim cheers, as standard before sims age up, then the action suddenly disappears from the sim's queue, and the sim goes back into idle mode.
The sim is still selectable, can still perform interactions, and other sims can still interact with it. I think the error may be due to the fact my household is overstuffed, but the other 5 toddler sims I aged to children shortly before the failed age up had no problems whatsoever. I have not attempted to age up anyone else at this time, but I will be testing it sometime in the next few days.

I have Awesome Mod and several Nraas mods installed, including Overwatch, Woohooer, Portrait Panel, and Hybrid (it should be noted that there are no supernaturals in this household), Aikea Guinea's No Drift Freecam Mod, a Supernatural Babies mod, Buzz's Moar Interactions mod, Cherry TS3's toddler interactions and same zodiac mods, XCAS, Consort's Age and 2x Weight and Fitness mods (no sims are currently over -1 or 1 in these factors, and no sims are currently using the age mod), and several sliders and other mods for scripting and tuning.
The most recently installed mod was Consort's 2x Weight and Fitness mod, but it has not given me any trouble up to this point.

Finally, it should be noted that I was using Woohooer to get male sims pregnant (with proper maternity wear installed), and there are currently 2 young adults, 1 teen, 5 kids, 1 toddler (the one with the issue), and 2 babies. I have been having no major issues with running an overstuffed household up to this point, except for a bit of lag.

Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:00 PM
Have you tried cheats Resetsim * and then testingcheatsenabled true and then hold SHIFT while you click on the toddler. There will be an option here to "age up"

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:00 AM
New developments! After trying what was suggested, an error popped up in the form of a lessons notification, which says:
" NRaas.Overwatch
Script Error
NRaas.OverwatchSpace.Loadup.Clea
nupFutureDescendantService"
Upon trying the suggested method again, this does not pop up, so it could be related to one of Overwatch's nightly checks, but my sim still fails to age up.

What could this mean? Should I report this to NRaas, or try running my game without the mod? I have no clue what to do...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:15 AM
I also had this problem with one of my toddlers, also in a household with more than 8 sims. I know having an overstuffed household is not the issue since it's happened before with a household of only 3 sims. The first time, I was able to age up the toddler; I think I just reset them. Kittykat999, have you went into 'Edit Town' mode and chosen 'Split Household (whatever it's called)' and noticed the toddler's picture was missing?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:04 PM
Use the "testingcheatsenabledtrue" cheat, shift click on the toddler. There should be an option called "trigger age transition". What happens when you do that?
I've had this issue a few times myself, I'm not sure how to fix this honestly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Use the "testingcheatsenabledtrue" cheat, shift click on the toddler. There should be an option called "trigger age transition". What happens when you do that?
I've had this issue a few times myself, I'm not sure how to fix this honestly.

Trying "Trigger Age Transition" still results in the action being cancelled out almost immediately.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999
Trying "Trigger Age Transition" still results in the action being cancelled out almost immediately.

Yep, that that exact problem I was having. The only thing I would really recommend for you is to reset the toddler, this really is an irritating problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM
I've tried "resetsim" on the toddler, and even that does not work. I think I might just have to try splitting the household. Stay tuned
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:42 PM
You could always go into CAS and turn them into a child there. Sure, they'll miss the whole party, but it will work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
You could always go into CAS and turn them into a child there. Sure, they'll miss the whole party, but it will work.

I have tried this, but CAS will not load. It will just sit there loading for hours and hours, eating up my computer's CPU. The longest I think I let it go was at least over 4 hours, but I'm not willing to let it try for longer than that.
Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999
I have tried this, but CAS will not load. It will just sit there loading for hours and hours, eating up my computer's CPU. The longest I think I let it go was at least over 4 hours, but I'm not willing to let it try for longer than that.

O
Hmmm. Just wondering, did you find a solution yet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
O
Hmmm. Just wondering, did you find a solution yet?

I still have not found a solution. My toddler is still a toddler. I don't know what to do...
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:48 PM
I don't know if it would be useful but I hit into something like that once.

Check toddler inventory. This imaginary-friend doll from Ambitions sometimes becomes glitchy. If it is there move it out of inventory (place on floor - may not be helpful at all) or delete it (CTE->RClick on it->Delete).*

Try entering to CAS from MC as nitromon wrote above *after* resetting the toddler.

If it won't be possible (infinite load or crash) or after aging toddler to child and returning to live mode game crashes you have bigger problem.**
- sim is corrupted
- save is messed/corrupted (ErrorTrap should alert you anyway)
- bad, bad, bad CC around assigned (piece of clothes or accessory) as "allowed for all" and unfortunatelly landing on this sim.

In such case:
1. try clean run (obvious)
2. If nothing helps (it's not a bad CC) - go back to previous working save

*One of my toddlers once had a car in his tiny pocked... Don't ask >.>
**It's happening more often during baby-toddler transition, maybe "size matters" this time

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"