Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM Last edited by MittyMox : 18th Oct 2014 at 12:16 AM.
Default Sims 2 Mac. Cant get an account or upload CC
Hi i just bought the sims 2 because ive always wanted to see more actions. i downloaded custom content but when i try to get it in the game, i dont have an account because thesims2.com is no longer available. so i got an origin account but dont know how to get the sims 2 on origin. i dont have like a code like the sims 3. so can someone please help me cause i reallly want custom content on my game. thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:27 PM
You don't need any accounts to get TS2 CC into your game. It's mostly just drag-and-drop files, plus you need the S2CI for sims and houses, and an unzip program for opening most of the download files.

Read this: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...Fracking_Idiots or this: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...acking_Geniuses
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:42 PM
Your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You want to see a reaction?

The Sims 2 official site is long gone but you don't need an account there or on origin to use custom content.

All you need is an unzipping program like WinRar. Click the download button to get your custom content then use WinRAR to unzip the download into your Download folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:49 AM
The Sims 2 official website was just... shall we say... an independent extension of the game. The game and all custom content can run perfectly fine without the website (or an Internet connection for that matter). The Sims 2's downloads section was kind of like a "shop", where you could download custom content for your game to play it on. Once you've downloaded it, all the necessary information to make that custom content work in your game is on your computer. ModTheSims is a "fan-made shop". Downloads do not necessarily have to be obtained from the official website, and you can get them from fan-made sites like us. I believe you do need an account to download things here on ModTheSims, but it's 100% free, and you already have an account . If the creator uploaded their work on other sites as well, or if they gave permission for other people to redistribute their work (on condition that the original author is credited and that it's given out for free, of course), you don't need any account to download the item. Installing custom content is something that takes place entirely on your own computer, no Internet connection necessary.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:57 AM
Your problem may be that you don't have custom content enabled, or that you are installing it in the wrong place. To install your cc, make a new folder in your EA Games folder. That folder should be named

Downloads

Exactly like that. Don't change the phrasing or the spacing or the capitalization. Most cc will be compressed, as a .rar or .zip program. The program Jo suggests (WinRar) will not work on a Mac, but the Unstuffer will work beautifully. (It's what I used when I was on the Mac OS.) Use the Unstuffer to decompress the cc, and place it in your Downloads folder. When you boot up the game, it will probably give you a big warning screen with lots of yellow triangles with exclamation marks in them, asking you if you're REALLY SURE you want to add all this cc, don't you know it can CHANGE THINGS? Tell the game yes, and load up a neighborhood, any neighborhood. Do not look for your custom content yet -- it won't be there. Go to the game settings menu, tell the game "No" to the question "Display custom content message at startup?", save the game, and quit. Restart the game. When you restart the game, you should not get a warning screen at all. (If you do, tell it yes you want to add cc and change the game settings again. Save before you quit this time.) After you restart and do not get an error message, your cc will be in the catalog and should work fine.

Be aware that since you are on a Mac, you can't use just any old cc out there. Not all the EPs and SPs made it over to Mac-land. You cannot use any cc that requires the following: Freetime, Apartment Life, H&M Stuff, IKEA Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Stuff, or Mansion & Garden Stuff. At best, those items will just not work. At worst, they will crash your game. Fortunately, if you remove cc that requires an EP/SP you do not have, then the game will fix itself, with no more crashes.

Good luck!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:46 AM
WinRAR will not work on a mac-I'll have to try and remember that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 1:45 PM
It may help to remember that the "Win" part of "WinRAR" stands for "Windows". That's how I remember.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15