Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 10:34 AM
Default Nightmare
Shiny polished marble floor covered with rugs shifting in purple and blood red colors, pillars of ebony with rubies and gold décor, the ceiling way to high so that it’s nearly impossible to catch a glance of the detailed and unearthly painting of cherubs and angels that covered it, tapestries so expensive looking that you wouldn’t ever dare touch them in fear of tainting them. In one of the corners an orchestra is assembled, the conductors back facing the grand hall, a lady is seated by a golden harp, some men are playing violin, and the music sounds like it comes from the heavens. Alongside one of the walls countless tables are set up, covered with goodness’s from all the corners of the world, beautiful statues of exotic animals and lavish flower arrangements. Men and women, dressed in simple but oh so exquisite cloths, are seated and talking with the most beautiful voices while others dance to the beautiful music that constantly plays in the hall. Draperies cover all of the windows while millions of candles light up the grand hall.

Nobody notice me. I’m standing there, in pure white while the others are wearing all the colors of the rainbow and many more. I’m standing in the middle of the room, but can’t even move one inch. I see those happy faces, hear the heavenly music, and smell the lovely and tempting food. But I cannot move. Standing there, in the middle of the grand hall with hundreds of people, and they seem to celebrate something. Yet I don’t know where I am, nor if I even fit in. For every moment the hall grows lovelier and breath taking, yet I only feel more alone and out of place. More people arrive, but I cannot utter a single word. Hearing the laughter is a torture, because I want to laugh with them. Their dancing bodies looking so beautiful is sickening, since I can’t even move yet I want to dance so badly.

Suddenly, I’ve left the grand hall. I thank my lucky star, but then wish I was back in the hall. A perfect garden, or maybe it is a park, is spreading out in front of me, not a person in sight. The musty colors are almost too intense for my eyes, the fragrances so strong that I can’t breathe the air. The fragrance of the roses is mixing and combining a sublime harmony with the smells of dirt and freshly cut grass. A short distance for me, a tall hedge is growing. Not trees are to be seen past it. I somehow feel that it’s a maze like the ones you find on some castle estate. I then realize that I can move, I start walking away from the place I’ve been standing. But all the fragrances and colors immediately grow more intense, the more I move around the more I see, smell and hear. I cannot stop the stream of impressions, it’s like someone wish to torture me.

In panic I start running, I don’t care where. Then suddenly, I’m back in the great hall. Now all the people are staring at me, in surprise. Almost like I am a ghost. I shyly look down at my feet, just to realize that I can’t see them. I’m still wearing the pure white dress. No one is saying a word, only watching me as the music ringing in the hall keeps getting louder. The cloths their wearing isn’t beautiful, but rags. The grand hall is a ruin of some old castle that was destroyed god knows when. The people are more similar to corpses, not the angelic being the seemed like before. Once again I start running, just to return to the once lovely and perfect garden. Now it’s more similar to a burned down forest. No life is seen, the maze has turned into a tangle of whitening thorns, and the air is thick of the scent of smoke.

It starts to rain. The ground that was hard becomes muddy. A pond that dried out fills up. I am standing alone in the rain, wanting nothing more that to escape this nightmare. Everything is too intense, all along the way, even the tiniest detail. And a part from the fact that I watch while everything is being reborn, I only feel the world being damaged. I feel a weight on my shoulder. I am surprised to see a pigeon seated there, almost like it’s trying to comfort me. But it’s not the grayish pigeon you see in the cities. This one is pure white and plays with my wet hair. I smile at it… and wake up.

-----

Wrote this about a year ago. Please tell me what you think! ^w^

腐女子 です~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 7:04 PM
ulrikchen, your writing is amazing. I really do like your writing, have you ever though of getting published? Because its that good. I really do like how you could put words together. Seriously, keep up the good work, hun. :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 7:47 PM
Thanks! ^w^
I never really thought about getting published, but my teacher also mentioned it before. Happy you liked it!

腐女子 です~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 10:42 PM
Then you should! Don't let that talent go to waste. There are plenty of people that have contests, and publish the people who join. One of my poems was published ^.^ It was awesome But seriously, don't stop writing, I mean for reals. Don't :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:45 PM
That was beautiful. I agree with Levera. You should publish it.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#6 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 1:47 AM
Wow... agree with both of you. This is great. I'm at a loss of words...
Banned
#7 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:38 PM
That's Beautiful, ulrikchen...Please write more stories and post them...I would love to read them.