Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:30 AM Last edited by armiel : 19th Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM. Reason: Edited out questions about making a tut and moving it.
Default Tutorial - Guide to Basic and Advanced Wall-Curving
Good evening and welcome to a guide on wall curving, Basic Wall-Curving. This guide is for those who are entirely unfamiliar with CFE and curving walls in general. The first section of this guide is going to cover the exact same material as the advanced guide, as the fundamentals are well… key to understanding any kind of wall curving. After that though, we are going to create a structure from scratch. I recently recommended to Agneza in the Building forums that she should try out a wavy roof on one of the beach houses she created to give a softer summer feel. She agreed and so I thought creating such a roof might be the ideal instance to teach wall curving.

Before we get started, I am going to mention a few things from the advanced guide. If you already read that guide, you won’t need to reread these things. However, they are the fundamentals and are worth reiterating in this guide.

Ok with that out of the way, let’s get started on the actual tutorial!

-

-

-

-

-

-
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:32 AM Last edited by nevnegonc : 19th Dec 2011 at 4:38 AM.

-

-

-

-

-

- Some of the things you could do (before starting your building) were to have built the room on two single tile lines of foundation so you can see the sand under it, thrown in a deck and created other rooms, a few with flat roofs and maybe another with a similar roof to this. You can imagine the final house would be quite something.

There you see it, a full guide to the basics of wall curving, with some intermediate techniques thrown in. If you think of any questions or get stuck, let me know. It might all sound a bit confusing when you read it, but once you get started curving walls, you will be in wonder at all the create and incredible things you can do! Thanks for reading, cheers!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 4:04 AM Last edited by armiel : 19th Dec 2011 at 5:53 AM. Reason: Edited out questions about making the tut and moving it. Also edited out missleading first paragraph, as the tutorials were combined in to one thread.
Default Tutorial - Guide to Advanced Wall-Curving
Hello and do come in. This is my second part of the tutorial about wall-curving., Advanced Wall Curving. This guide is written for those who are already familiar with the basics of CFE. A few things to note, the guide might be a bit confusing but I am thinking to take clearer images later detailing the various techniques further but I wanted to get the actual words down so I knew exactly of what to take images lol. Also… it is long. This guide is, of course, by no means the only ways to do things, but I thought it might be useful for those of you looking for some new ideas to make your houses look like homes! And so, without further ado, let’s get started on wall curving.

But before we do! A few fundamentals to remember. These might not all make sense right now, but will be reiterated throughout the guide.

Ok with these things in mind, let’s get started.

The End

I threw in some images of the nearly finished building in case you wanted to see how coloring and other designing can enhance the overall look. You may notice how the legs are much more defined using coloring and creating the claws you see. Similar contrast in the tail as well as coloring all the feathered areas of the wings and neck the same dark blue color create some nice detail.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 6:01 PM
Thank you so much for these tutorials! I have used your other one to create a poolside club and now I am going to try out this advanced one. You have made these tutorials really easy to follow as well.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:24 AM
Great work. I hope you know you can just drag a staircase as many steps you want, if you click on the ground with it and drag. I find it a more accurate measurement. Perhaps not when you're doing it in stages below ground like this. There is also a direction on how to make tutorials here somewhere. I think if you click on the tutorial section above this building section.

edit: no I'm wrong. It's actually a sticky right above here. I just read in the other advanced tutorial you didn't know if you could post here like that.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:33 AM
Hiya, I merged your threads and also sent you a PM about them. I forgot to say that you could edit them a bit on the matter how long they are too. What I would suggest you to do, is to hide the steps in infobuttons, that you can press open. So that your really long thread would look more like this:

The code you need to do this is: (infobutton=step 1)put content here(/infobutton). Just replace the ( and ) with [ and ]. what comes after = mark is what your button says after word "show"

((if the post nags about too much bbcode in it, just put more steps inside one button, but not too many! or there is no point on doing this. I'd say max 5 pics inside a button.))

Doing this would make your thread much easier to read, cause the person following it can simply open a button at a time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:42 AM
Hey I am a bit busy for the next 2 days, but after that I can fix the thread. Thanks