Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM Last edited by carrit : 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM.
Making default replacements?
Hi, I made an alien skin that I want to make into a default replacement but have no clue how to do so...

Any help is appreciated, Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
There is probably a tone of tutorials about this, but..I cannot help, helping when I can.
All your textures are already done right? Since you said you already created your Alien skintone. Unfortunately, I would not know how to turn your creation into a default, but I know how to replace the original textures with yours.
The Alien skin is s5. So you need to find all s5 skin textures using SimPE. Extract them all (txtr's & LIFO's)
Then, make a new package and add them all to it. Saves as...your new package.
Now you are ready to replace all these images with your own. Just the images themselves, not their names.
Once all done, your new package will be a default and the game will then use that one when dealing with the Greenies.

In the SimPE finder tab, NameMap search, Regular Expression, if you type .*naked-nude-s5.* you'll find all the body textures.
You also want the nudecut and the nutsoft, so in my example, you'd replace the nude by nudecut, then by nudesoft
Then for the face textures, you can type .*face-s5.* you'll get all the face, I counted 24 files...
The last one to edit, will be the hairbald...so again, by typing .*hairbald-skin-s5.* you'll get all of them.
For teens, you might want to also edit the zits, and the hickey. .*uuface-hickey-s5.* and then .*uuface-zit-s5.*

This is how I would do this, according to my own knowledge and experience with making default this and default that. There is probably a quicker way.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
Or download and open any available alien default file, replace the textures with yours, give the file a new name, and you're good to go. Just make sure all the files you need are there.

If the zit and hickey files aren't in it, you can add them to the file if you want (I don't think there are a lot of default skins that change those two files).

Some skins may not have the "nudesoft" or "fit" textures - but all you have to do is to extract and add them to the file. Some skins don't modify those, and use the same textures as the "normal" skins.

For texture-only replacements, this is the easiest way. Less finding and extracting...