Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Favorite?
Think of Me
2 11.11%
Angel of Music
1 5.56%
Phantom of the Opera
6 33.33%
Music of the Night
0 0%
Prima Donna
1 5.56%
All I ask of You
0 0%
Masquerade
2 11.11%
Wishing you Were Somehow here Again
2 11.11%
Point of No Return
4 22.22%
Learn to Be Lonely
0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 2:00 PM Last edited by pegasaus : 20th Aug 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Default Favorite PotO song ;)
Which is your favorite? I like almost all of them, expect 'All I ask of you', I cried when I saw that scene for the first time, when Phantom was left on roof with a rose that he gave to Christine

My top favorites would be: 'Music of the Night', 'Wishing you Were Somehow here Again', 'Point of No Return' and 'Learn to be Lonely'... also I like 'Phantom of the Opera' very much

But if I have to chose just one, I chose 'Point of No Return', cause it is the most passionate and the most romantic song that human mind ever wrote :lovestruc ... just look at the words

I always rank it the same with all other songs that I listen

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:04 PM
Notes/Prima Donna - on the soundtrack with the original screw, of course. It gives a good glimpse of what the musical was before: a comedy. They actually brought on a new song-writer and changed companies or something like that, and before it became the 'oh-so-romantic' thing, it was actually a comedy. And you can tell from Fermin and Andre's characters: they still provide that original comic relief.

And if not that, Masquerade. It's very swelling and over the top, and perfection. I like All I Ask of You only because you get to hear a lot of Raoul, and so, Steve Barton (my favorite male singer)(and Patrick Wilson in the film, who can actually sing). But the lyrics are soooooo corny.

Scientists get funky about having their research poached
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:52 PM
Well I also think that Prima Donna is very comical, and in the movie and musical they made Carlotta and Miss Soreli as one person
In the Masquerade, I only like the part when Phantom comes, especially the scene when he looks at Christine and you can hear a slowly, harmonic music in the background.... when I saw it for the first time, I thought that they will kiss in that scene
But, why didn't you vote for your favorite in poll?

Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 4:31 PM
I really like Masquerade because the music behind it is very complex and well written. I also like most of the other ones too, except Learn to Be Lonely. I don't really no why, but that one gets on my nerves.

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
Twi - well I don't like Masquerade very much, except the ending, when Phantom comes. And then he comes to Christine and you hear a slow music in the background... When I saw that scene for the first time, I thought that they will kiss

And did you know for this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPRr5dTHas4
This one was made before Learn to Be Lonely, but it was deleted from the movie. It's very, very sad, and it shows Phantom's dungeon in more details... also I like it as much as Learn to Be Lonely

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 12:59 AM
Masquerade.
Hands Down. ((((:

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:22 AM
I didn't know that there are so many who enjoyed in Masquerade... well I already explained my opinion about that in earlier post, but I respect if you guys like it

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 9:20 PM
Point of No Return, hands down - although I like Music of the Night too*sighs, dreamily* Weird story here - back a month or so before the movie came out I listened to the Michael Crawford soundtrack version before I actually read the plot of the musical, thinking the music would be self-explanatory. Either I was wrong or just dumb, because I assumed at Point of No Return that the Phantom was trying to push Christine over a cliff or off the roof or something (I was fourteen, in my own defence). A little research and some not-so-subtle lyrics about 'bodies entwining' later, hello hormones! Perhaps I'm just a romantic, but every time I listen to it I hope the lyrics will magically change, and maybe Christine damn well won't pull the mask off this time. Boy, am I disappointed!
Magduke, with you on Raoul. I am a hardcore phan, but I'm not a crazed Erik/Christine shipper - Raoul's a genuinely nice guy, and I love Steve Barton's voice on the original soundtrack. And Patrick Wilson ain't bad either. When you consider what they did to him in Love Never Dies.... *shudders*
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 11:19 AM Last edited by pegasaus : 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:49 PM.
Music of the Night is beautiful, too. It really shows Erik's deep emotions for Christine... And in Point of No Return, I immediately understood that it was a passionate song when I heard it for the first time. I always enjoy listening it

Did you know for this version of Learn to Be Lonely? It was performed at 2009 Oscar Awards by Beyonce, and it's much better than Minnie Diver version (although I like that version too). This one gives a whole new style and dimension to the lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEhyJTPNJU

Alchemist
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 11:32 AM
I love Wishing you were somehow here again, as it makes me think of all the loved ones I have lost, and also My mum told me it has to be played at her funeral!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:21 AM
I like phantom of the opera best. Dramatic yet beautiful.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:07 AM Last edited by pegasaus : 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:38 AM.
Yes! I love that two also (Wishing you Were Somehow here Again and Phantom of the Opera)! I also sometimes go and walk through the graveyard, especially after snow/rain... It really makes me think of everything that I have lost, just like you ekrubynaffit

Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:03 PM
Although I do love right at the start where they revel the broken old chandelier and the organ starts! Have to have the volume way up and feel it in your chest! Gives off goosebumps!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:47 PM
Hey, I'm curious as to why "Down Once More ... / Track Down This Murderer ..." isn't on here - I mean, it's the accumilation of the whole musical! And for all those Phantom-fan-girls, its the song where they actually kiss!

Also, learn to be lonely isn't even from the original musical. Did they write it so Butler wouldn't be straining his vocals?

Scientists get funky about having their research poached
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:07 AM
Pegasaus: I definitely like Beyonce's version better!

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 10:20 AM
magduke - I didn't put it cause the maximum in poll is 10. On the other side, I have put just songs-songs, those that are really for singing and have special scenes for them, those with 'names'

I mean 'Down Once More / Track Down This Murderer', is the same as 'Letters', as 'I know I can't refuse, but yet I wish I could...' (scene before Point of No return, Christine and Raoul alone), and as 'We all have been blind'

I'm sorry for that, cause the kissing scene is my favorite. It's also the most beautiful kiss that I have ever seen

Well, 'Learn to Be Lonely' is the only song from the movie that acutally won some awards, and they wrote it especially for movie, just like fighting scene at the graveyard.

And Butler has already sang similar song, but it was cut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPRr5dTHas4

Twi - I also like it more than Minnie's, but her version is OK too

Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:20 PM
I had to pick Wishing your Were Somehow Here Again. I think part of the reason I love it is because it is sad but yet not depressing.
It's a song where Christine gets to speak of her feelings and I like hearing about them. The emotions she feels in the song applies to different stories besides POTO which I think makes me like it more as well.

Has anyone else heard the New Cast recording from 2008? I love that version.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:21 AM
Yes, WYWSHA is beautiful, too
And I like way how you look at it

But I never heard for New Cast recording from 2008... can you give us a link?

Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:39 PM
Think Of Me is my fav!! It's so great! :D