Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddlers Extra Activities

by Arsil Posted 19th Apr 2017 at 4:07 PM - Updated 14th Jun 2017 at 9:37 AM by Arsil : BugFix and removed Testing tag from the title

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 6:07 AM
After having updated the Child2Toddler2Baby mod and started the game again all is now working, and i love all the new and improved things that the toddlers can do The game runs well on patch 1.62, all EP , Sp and all the Store + alot of cc and mods Thank you again for making the new additions to the game, look forward to more fun from you Big Hug
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 9:33 AM
It's such a delight to play Sims 3 lately because of new fantastic mods like this one! I'm very grateful, I missed some toddler activities from Sims 2 so much, like playing in puddle, or dancing while sitting on the floor - they were so cute, thank you for bringing more playful toddler behaviors back!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 4:46 PM
This is so awesome!!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 7:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for these mods! The biggest thank you for the napping mat. It was the first item I missed from Sims2.
Did you know; the config for this mod has the config for child2toddler2baby in it?
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 8:09 PM
They only have a few things in common, like debug interactions I use for testing purposes.
Site Helper
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM
I'm having trouble getting my toddler to autonomously draw on the wall, although she is more than happy to do so once directed. I even put all the other toddler toys in the family Inventory, and she still wouldn't play with the crayons autonomously. But when she's directed, she draws better than I do!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:45 AM
If you mean that they don't autonomously "place the frame" on the wall that's intended behaviour.
Sims don't use the street art tag bag autonomously, do they? (I'm not sure if those kind of things
can be made autonomous... well, probably yes).

If you mean they they don't autonomously scribble on an already placed frame then that's not cool.

If you mean that they autonomously try to scribble on a wall only to get a notification - you don't have
crayons - then that's a bug that I've already fixed but I've not not yet uploaded the updated version.
But you most certainly didn't mean this last one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:23 PM
Does anyone remember where to find the mod that hides the tape?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 9:40 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:34 AM
Not feedback so much as a question: does this conflict at all with Cherry92's Toddler Interaction mod? I'd love to use both, to breathe even more life into the poor, neglected lifestage.

"Polka will never die!" -- Harry Dresden
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff." -- The Doctor
"Mentally unstable like a fox!" -- Rodney McKay
"It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!" -- Sokka
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." -- Mal Reynolds
Site Helper
#36 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:35 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:55 PM.
I wonder if the fact that the toddler will not autonomously scribble has anything to do with the fact that I don't have UNI? But she is definitely not autonomously using her crayons after the frame is placed.

Edit: Update
I removed all mods except the Transmogrifier, Icarusallsorts' bartending mod, (Because I had forgotten to disable those two mods before going to bed last night) assorted NRAAS mods, and this one. She still would not autonomously scribble on the wall. I would place the frame, she would go to the wall and draw half of a picture, then wander off. She would not complete her drawing until I told her to, even with nothing else to play with and several half-finished frames around the house.

The animation is that she goes to the wall, sits in front of it for about 2 seconds, and then the picture bit that she is drawing appears. If this is the animation that is supposed to run for the interaction, it's fine. If not, it might be a clue.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:29 PM Last edited by Arsil : 25th Apr 2017 at 4:05 PM.
Nah, now that I've had time to check it I can tell you that the reason is much more simpler.

Unless the toddler has the Artistic trait there's no advertising to use the interaction.
But there might also have been an issue in the code.
I've already fixed it and I'll update the mod soon.

Question: can toddlers play in the sand (terrain or sandbox) - autonomously or not - while there's snow covering the ground?
What about puddles? If there's snow probably there can't be rain puddles, but what about regular puddles
(maybe created with NRaas Debug Enabler just to test this behaviour)?
I was reading the notes on icarus_allsorts' Autonomous Fun In The Sun and got worried.
EDIT: yep, they can, but I've fixed it. Not yet uploaded the new version though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:04 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!! Ahh I am telling all my sims 3 friends to get this mod! They love love love the first one!!! Thank you!!!
Forum Resident
#39 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairybug
Not feedback so much as a question: does this conflict at all with Cherry92's Toddler Interaction mod? I'd love to use both, to breathe even more life into the poor, neglected lifestage.

Please I wish to get to know myself I have the mods.

I al grateful for this mod arsil, I really wish a such mod in my game. I love toddlers I find them boring in the sims 3. Thank you for making them funnier. I wish to see back someday the play in toilet interaction .

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Please I wish to get to know myself I have the mods.

I al grateful for this mod arsil, I really wish a such mod in my game. I love toddlers I find them boring in the sims 3. Thank you for making them funnier. I wish to see back someday the play in toilet interaction .

Using both just fine in my game
Theorist
#41 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:01 PM
So far in my 100 baby challenge, it seems to be working. I had 4 toddlers draw on the wall. So far those 4 have not gone back autonomously.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 6th May 2017 at 2:04 PM
That is pure awesomesauce and should be a picked upload, so much cuteness. Thank you for adding a bit of shenanigans to those poor neglected tots!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th May 2017 at 8:44 PM
Sorry if this isn't allowed; Can you make a daycare mod? Yes, I know Nraas has one but it never work for me. A mod where the Babies just disappear for awhile (like Sims4) and toddlers teleport to a rabbithole then crawl/walk in then after teleported home? Or work off the Nraas mod and allow community daycares with smarter sims. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:33 AM
Yep. This makes my toddler so much more interesting. Many thanks. I fondly remember my own children coloring on the walls.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:11 AM
All work now as intended (just a little heads up for anyone wondering) on win10, patch 1.67 with all EP, Sp, Store + plenty of mods and cc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:07 PM
Testing in a few, I'll let you know if I run into any problems. :) Also, THANK YOU and the other creators on here. I cannot imagine my game without you. My army of toddlers appreciates your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:28 AM
Thank you so much Arsil! Now I can't wait for my sims to have toddlers, the game becomes more and more interesting with your mods!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 29th May 2017 at 9:28 PM
I love seeing that the modding community is in no way dead for sims 3 and that many are bringing back even ideas from teh sims 4 to the sims 3. Thank you so much for an awesome mod!
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Sorry if this isn't allowed; Can you make a daycare mod? Yes, I know Nraas has one but it never work for me. A mod where the Babies just disappear for awhile (like Sims4) and toddlers teleport to a rabbithole then crawl/walk in then after teleported home? Or work off the Nraas mod and allow community daycares with smarter sims. Thanks

I kept saying one of these I was going to make a tutorial on how to set up an active daycare in town with Nraas. Since having this mod, my town's daycare is even more adorable.
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
If you mean that they don't autonomously "place the frame" on the wall that's intended behaviour.
Sims don't use the street art tag bag autonomously, do they? (I'm not sure if those kind of things
can be made autonomous... well, probably yes).

If you mean they they don't autonomously scribble on an already placed frame then that's not cool.

If you mean that they autonomously try to scribble on a wall only to get a notification - you don't have
crayons - then that's a bug that I've already fixed but I've not not yet uploaded the updated version.
But you most certainly didn't mean this last one.

I retuned this mod a bit and my tots in my 100 bc autonomously scribble on the wall. Yes, a frame will pop up and I find myself having to place a frame on the wall often cause a tot is always wanting to draw on the wall lol These are kinda bad tho hahaha!
Page 2 of 4