Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:27 PM
New Patch
A new patch came out today that is supposed to fix some issues with crashing.
Go to this page to view the details.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:46 PM
This part of the patch is interesting:

Quote:
Children and Teens can no longer be modified with the sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3 cheat.

Does that mean that the TS4 version of InTeenimator will have to be updated to get around this restriction? And thank goodness about the child part, if this is the case.
Alchemist
#3 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:53 PM Last edited by applefeather2 : 25th Nov 2014 at 9:45 PM.
What on earth is the Vidame Hostess Station? (which they fixed from crashing).
EDIT: I have hunted that sucker down.
Here is the mystery solved.
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM
what's ambrosia? custard or rice pudding?

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
what's ambrosia? custard or rice pudding?

Here you go. Read all about it.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/s...ng/ambrosia.php
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:33 PM
thank u muchly

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
What on earth is the Vidame Hostess Station? (which they fixed from crashing).
EDIT: I have hunted that sucker down.
Here is the mystery solved.

Yeah, just one look at that hostess station, and you could see it causing endless trouble....................................
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM
Quote:
Fixed a crash that was the result of long term gameplay instability in the UI framework that only occurred after moving, traveling, creating new families, and building for some time. Also known as playing the game.

I might have a bit more respect for the Sims team, finally someone told the truth. Hope the fix work for people.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:53 AM
I like that the team had so much fun with the patch notes...
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:47 AM
sim still swim in cloth?
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 4:52 AM
I always love the patch notes for this game. And I don't know if it's because of the patch, but I didn't have any random crashes today at all, like I'd been having the past pair of weeks! Yay!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:18 AM Last edited by ryuusei86 : 26th Nov 2014 at 1:34 PM.
In yesterday's playing session, I noticed no significant differences after the patch. Then again, I can count on one hand the number of crashes to desktop I've seen since I got the game at the beginning of September (knock on wood).

The one bug that still needs to be fixed from the previous patch, at the risk of my being indelicate, is the Broken Men And Boys Peeing Standing Up Bug. I fear it will take a long time for that one to be stomped, since technically we aren't supposed to notice. What with it being covered up by the censor grid and all.

ETA (so as not to make a new post): i'm running Windows 8.1 and I haven't noticed the black screen bug -- not yet, anyway (knock again on wood).
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:25 AM
Hmm, not a word about a fix about the screen going black in build/buy mode on Windows 8.1 on some video cards, they need to get their priorities right.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 8:32 AM
@Citysim did you report that issue as a bug? Or notice if someone else had?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:00 AM
They did fix the pool as satisfying exercise for the Astronaut career. I just tried it for a few minutes before closing the game again. Well, I will be too busy and away from home so I won't be able to play until after Monday. Enjoy and be safe on Thanksgiving day.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#16 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kkffoo
@Citysim did you report that issue as a bug? Or notice if someone else had?

Yeah a few people around have the same Win 8.1/Video card problem which been reported around when I did a google search.

Playable but you just can't buy or build things.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:37 AM
Aww that's really rough, I hope that gets fixed for you soon.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:47 AM
My game use to crash if I added CC hairstyles to my game and NPC, townies were spawned with the hair. If I tried to click the sim or let my cursor pass over the sim with the hairstyle, my game went poof. While reading here in CC creation forums, I learned there was an issue with Windows 8.1, having an ATI/Radeon graphics card would cause an issue with CC hair, so I changed my graphics card with an bit higher than recommended Nvidia GTX card and have no more issues with using CC hairstyles. Might be more the graphics card than the OS.

This have been reported by me and others since the release. Wasn't something in the patch notes about fixing crashing issues with Win 8.1?

Quote:
We fixed a crash reported on the modding forums where custom content clones of hats and hairs could cause a crash on Intel graphics cards due to an issue with the skinning code.

OK, found it and I see it's a different issue than what I had. So sorry this is an issue in the first place.

Scholar
#19 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:11 PM
do sim still swim in cloth?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
do sim still swim in cloth?

Swimwear only here. I think the sims swimming in street clothes was a mod conflict issue. I forget which one but a search about swimming in clothes may help you find it.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Swimwear only here. I think the sims swimming in street clothes was a mod conflict issue. I forget which one but a search about swimming in clothes may help you find it.

It's the Wear Everyday Clothing to Work mod.