Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2015 at 3:21 PM
Default Where's the Geometric Data Container?
Fellas,

I have one ridicilously annoying problem. Or maybe i'm just stupid, but i've decided to whine about it anyway

(Before I say anymore I might add that I have Blender, Milkshape, SimPE, s3pe, S3OC and sims 3 ofc, not sure if I have ALL the plugins but I have most of them)

I am building a school in my game, and everything seems to be working perfectly fine, I have time to finish it and most stuff can be found on ZE INTERNET but then i found -
THIS: >>> http://thesimsresource.com/download...ims2/id/824589/ <<<

And I was like: YASS :O THIS WILL COMPLETE THE WHOLE EFFING THING!! OMFGLOL!!!!1!!^^

So I opened SimPE, imported the .package file for the black locker, but nothing is really as i expected because there's no Geometric Data Container!
I took a picture to show:

this is what I see. And I don't understand anything.
I have never converted anything and I am following this tutorial:
>>> http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ion_Tute_Step_6 <<<
And since I didn't find an explanation for the GDCT/GDC/whatever, I decided to switch tutorial. But again, the Geometric Data Container was needed. So I changed again. And again. And again. And then I was about to switch again but since i figured the same thing would happen I decided to get some help, which is hopefully what I am going to get. At least that's what I hope for.

The reason I posted this in the Milkshape section is because I am going to use Milkshape later on. Sorry if i accidentally posted wrong, was not my intention.

Does anybody have any idea what to do? Because I don't have a clue.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:13 PM Last edited by soundtracks : 12th May 2015 at 9:35 PM.
Yeah, you probably opened one of the "slave" meshes or a recolour (if you open the TSR link you will see which one have "slave" in the filename) instead of a "master" mesh which has the GMDC.

Edit to further clarify - the GMDC will have your object, what is usually called "mesh" - without it you won't have anything to put your textures on naturally.

The master / slave meshes are a method used by TS2 creators to free file space. The slave meshes have a GMCD but no TXTR. The master mesh should have both.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soundtracks
Yeah, you probably opened one of the "slave" meshes or a recolour (if you open the TSR link you will see which one have "slave" in the filename) instead of a "master" mesh which has the GMDC.

Edit to further clarify - the GMDC will have your object, what is usually called "mesh" - without it you won't have anything to put your textures on naturally.

The master / slave meshes are a method used by TS2 creators to free file space. The slave meshes have a GMCD but no TXTR. The master mesh should have both.

thank you! I will see if this work! 1000 kisses to you :*