Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 5:33 PM
Default Deleted hospital
I accidentally deleted the hospital in my game. How can I get it back?? :O
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 5:35 PM
Did you delete the whole lot? Or just the shell?

You find the hospital shell in Build mode, community objects.

If you deleted the lot, just make a new one and place the shell and zone it as hospital.
#4 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 5:27 AM
don't worry OP, I'm sure we've all done it at some stage, but as you can see it's easy to fix
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:48 AM
I removed my city hall and hospital in Winfield and replaced them with a custom lot with a custom rabbit hole shell and used rabbit hole rugs to replace the hospital and city hall.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:34 AM
Why didn't you delete the big hospital in Oslo while you're at it, I'm sure the local council would be fabulously overjoyed, "Look!!! An empty lot to build on, no strings attached!"
Alchemist
#7 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:57 AM
How did you even delete it in the first place? :/

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

* Testingcheatsenabled true
* Build on This Lot
* Make One Or More Mistakes

Actually there are reasons to do it on purpose. Suppose you wanted to film a Comic from inside the hospital (or any other rabbithole) and get the views out the windows correct. You'd need to knock down the rabbithole object in order to build your actual building. You could even, as @TadOlson alluded, have your custom construction still function as the rabbithole.

But supposing you're done with it & want the original one back, it is a pain to set things back right, unless you follow @nitromon's suggestion above: save a vanilla copy of the entire lot, bulldoze whatever you did instead, and import the vanilla one. I tried some more complicated ways, but they would better be posted in "Things I did when I was an inexperienced n00b."
#9 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

That little bulldozer tool in Edit World is mighty tempting at times

Selects Bulldozer ...
The cursor hovers over a lot ..
Game: Are you sure you want to do this?
Me: Erm .... maybe ... I like the Crunch noise you make when you eat up a lot.
Game: Are you sure though? All your sims are gonna be really cross!
Me: It is an ugly lot and Jamie Jolena works there and I am the Watcher here! ... *Clicky mouse*
Game: *Crunch*
Me: Ooops ....
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:24 PM
Selects Bulldozer ...
The cursor hovers over a lot ..
Game: Are you sure you want to do this?
Me: Erm .... maybe ... I like the Crunch noise you make when you eat up a lot.
Game: Are you sure though? All your sims are gonna be really cross!
Me: It is an ugly lot and Jamie Jolena works there and I am the Watcher here! ... *Clicky mouse*
Game: *Crunch*
Me: Ooops ....

lol
#11 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:07 PM
I've deleted the school, but it was on purpose. I hate it when the parents/housemates/required adult to start the game goes all negative on a child or teen for skipping school. Children ditch school to level up on Logic skill and get that Level 6 sleeping potion, and my teens are always busy making a fortune in plasma bug clones at the science station - and mom does WHAT?! I mean, really!