Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:58 AM
Default Changed the CPU rating, but graphics are bad? Help please?
Hi,
So I am running on a MacBook Pro OS X, and this is the rating info:
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2500 Threading: 2
Adjusted CPU: 2100 RAM: 3626 Adjusted RAM: 3114 Cores: 1

So the CPU rating is only 1 on this computer, which obviously sucks, and I hardly find any sims in lots, particularly clubs. So, following these instructions: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/307092.page
I changed my CPU rating on the GraphicsRules.sgr file to 3.

seti cpuLevelUber 4
seti cpuLevelHigh 3
seti cpuLevelMedium 3
seti cpuLevelLow 3

I originally changed it to 4, but that was too high for my laptop to handle, so I lowered it to 3.
I started up sims 3 and found that it worked. More sims were showing up to public lots and there were more sims in clubs.

However, the graphics were horrible . When I zoomed out to look at the map, everything was grey except for the icons. I checked to see my graphic settings, and everything was changed.
Everything was set to low. I tried pressing the restore to the default setting button thing, but nothing changed. So, I changed the settings myself with the slider. When I clicked done, I went back to playing, but when I clicked on the map again it was still grey. So I checked back to the settings and it didn't change at all, everything was still set to the lowest even though I changed it myself. I tried changing it again but it still did not work.
I tried quitting and restarting the game, and emptying caches, but the graphics were still horrible and I couldn't change the settings.

After trying to do a bit of research, I checked my Deviceconfig.log file. It was empty, so the game must not be recognising my graphic card anymore or something, I'm not sure.

If anyone could help me out or if anyone has an idea on what I should do, I would be so, so grateful.
I'm back at playing the game with the CPU rating of 1, but I would still absolutely love to play the game with a higher CPU rating but with decent graphics!

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks so much!