Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:12 AM
Default Tutorial - Skip the MainMenu
This tutorial will teach you how to load a defined saved game without accessing the mainmenu. This way, the game will load the defined saved game immediate after the launch process.

* Probably the developers added this trick to load the game faster for testing purposes.
* This tutorial is for Windows, but it works on the Mac version as well with some adaptations.

1 - Open the game's main menu and decide which one of the save game you want to load, automatically, every time you start the game.
In our example, we will load the "My Sunset Valley 1" save game. Just copy the name or memorize.

2 - Open the folder where you installed the TS3 basegame, the default address for most of the people is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3".

3- Open the folder "\Game\Bin". You will find the "TS3.exe" executable file, Right-click the item, and then click "Create shortcut". The new shortcut appears in the same folder as the original item.

4- Right-click on the new shortcut and click on "properties". The property window will appear. Select the first textbox that has the complete address to the "TS3.exe" file. Probably the address looks like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe".

5- Edit the selected textbox and append the string: ' -worldFile="My Sunset Valley 1.sims3"'.
The final address looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe" -worldFile="My Sunset Valley 1.sims3"

(Pay attention to the quotes!)

6- Click on "Apply" button to save the changes.

Load the game using the new shortcut.