Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:50 PM
Default What's a good map with ample room for an exodus?
So I'm thinking of coming back to TS3 (from TS2, not the abomination that is TS4.) And I'm getting kinda tired of my little island, much as it has its advantages otherwise, and a couple of disadvantages to go with it (like generating more and more cars). Thing is, I kinda like my lovingly handcrafted village people. They've been with me in Riverview, Sunset Valley, etc, and I've kinda grown fond of them. So I'm looking to move over about, oh, a hundred sims or so. (Maybe more, if I go back for those left behind in Riverview and stuff.)

Available housing isn't an issue, since I can take their whole house over. Available space for the lots is.

I was kinda considering Bridgeport, because I kinda like all the bars and vampires, and I hear they finally fixed the broken routing. Not sure if it has room for another two dozen houses, though. In fact, I seem to remember it doesn't,

Setra looks nice in Let's Plays, and I could totally see it with perpetual summer and no weather, courtesy of Tempest. Not exactly sure how much room there is for extra lots, though, so I could use some information there.

I'm also totally open to store worlds. Sunlit Tides looked really nice in an LP, for example, and Roaring Heights seems to have that Bridgeport feel to it, which would be nice. But again, same question.

So, can any kind soul share their knowledge please?

Edit: and another question: how's the routing on whichever world you'd recommend? With so many sims moving around, I'd like the game to not crap itself and pass out in a gutter.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM
There's a "Sunset Valley Second Edition" floating around the 'net; it's basically Sunset Valley but with many areas flattened and/or expanded, allowing a significant number of new lots. The maker had even kindly pre-plopped houses on the new lots.

IIRC, it was a world created almost from scratch from the "sample" Sunset Valley that came with CAW, so my guess is that all routing problems have been prevented.

I actually had downloaded it, but still haven't the time to try it out.

Edit: Here's the link to the creator's post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380928.page

The Seasons version has 109 lots, enough for a whole-town exodus, and then some

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:44 PM
That sounds actually very good. Many thanks.
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:22 PM
Here's a really useful Simblr that categorizes worlds by various characteristics, like theme and size: Sims 3 Custom Worlds
Out of the EA worlds I've played, Lucky Palms is reasonably sized and you can get rid of some community lots to make room for residential ones. You can place multiple rabbitholes on one lot (create plaza-like lots) or use rabbithole rugs for more customization.

I don't recommend Bridgeport unless you plan to do some heavy reorganizing. It's notorious for having little space for expansion.
On the other hand, Starlight Shores is great if you like placing smaller (at most 30x30) lots. I wanted to play it but got sidetracked by so much building, but I do remember it having a lot of terrain where you could place lots reasonably i.e. at most 2 tiles away from roads.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:18 PM
Thanks. I'll have a look at Starlight Shores then. Most of my lots are rather compact, usually between 20x30 and 30x30, so if that fits, it sounds perfect.
#6 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 1:16 AM
Thanks to this thread I'm giving that Sunset Valley 2nd edition a go - I am liking it so far
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Here's a really useful Simblr that categorizes worlds by various characteristics, like theme and size: Sims 3 Custom Worlds
Out of the EA worlds I've played, Lucky Palms is reasonably sized and you can get rid of some community lots to make room for residential ones. You can place multiple rabbitholes on one lot (create plaza-like lots) or use rabbithole rugs for more customization.

I don't recommend Bridgeport unless you plan to do some heavy reorganizing. It's notorious for having little space for expansion.
On the other hand, Starlight Shores is great if you like placing smaller (at most 30x30) lots. I wanted to play it but got sidetracked by so much building, but I do remember it having a lot of terrain where you could place lots reasonably i.e. at most 2 tiles away from roads.

Heyy, thanks! Whooo, so many beautiful worlds that don't need all-the-EPs-and-SPs-and-then-some... quite many requires only basegame or basegame+Amb.

Love it!!!

Edit: Yeah, Bridgeport's great only that it's the first "City" world available. I'd rather play one of the Bridgeport makeovers. I'm partial to Brooklyn Heights from My Sim Realty, which was NOT a Bridgeport makeover, but a totally new City built from scratch, with Bridgeport qualities. The only drawback of Brooklyn Heights is that many apartments are only partially finished; had to either replace them outright or do some finishing. No problem for me, I like doing some builds. But those who want to play the world immediately without much fussing are recommended to find other City worlds.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Alchemist
#8 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:12 AM
@ pepoluan: ohh, Brooklyn Heights looks great *downloads*

Do you happen to have a Mediafire/something else link to the Seasons version of Sunset Valley 2? It looks awesome! :o

Nilxis has quite a few worlds here as well, with lots of themes. They also have a list of recommendations here. Most of them require quite a bit of CC and Store content, though the CC is most often supplied as a separate download. I'm hoping to play Saaqartoq and Hylewood someday.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:55 PM
Of the store worlds, I find Lucky Palms to be the most flexible in terms of space. Hidden Springs is my runner-up, but I have to be selective with what I try to squeeze in to it. When it comes to the wide array of community lot types, to date I have yet to find any world, store or player created, that has the ability to hold everything from all expansions packs. Traveler is the best answer to that problem.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 5:12 AM
@ pepoluan: ohh, Brooklyn Heights looks great *downloads*

It's even better with the downloaded version! The screenshots in that page was from an older version.

The downloaded version has another 'level' on the suburbia side; a pair of empty lots just beside the upper side of the waterfall have HUGE Beautiful Vista bonus.

Do you happen to have a Mediafire/something else link to the Seasons version of Sunset Valley 2? It looks awesome! :o

Unfortunately, no.

Nilxis has quite a few worlds here as well, with lots of themes. They also have a list of recommendations here. Most of them require quite a bit of CC and Store content, though the CC is most often supplied as a separate download. I'm hoping to play Saaqartoq and Hylewood someday.

Looks cool! Thanks for sharing the find!

My gaming computer will be bursting at the seams with great worlds :D