Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 11:18 AM
Default You know the first step is admitting you have an addiction when...
- You buy one of the new and expensive Samsung 850 Pro SSDs for solstice, just so the bloody thing would load faster

- Your idea of watching an exciting Let's Play on YouTube is, or at least includes, watching someone spend two hours creating a clone of herself in Create A Sim...

- ... and you actually find yourself going, "no, no, go back to the other nose"

Honest to the elder gods, it actually happened.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:44 AM
Well that's me whenever I watch something sims related on Youtube.

Can't believe people still read these.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
- You buy one of the new and expensive Samsung 850 Pro SSDs for solstice, just so the bloody thing would load faster.

I'm gonna call it like that from now on
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:44 AM
Hello, I'm Lis and I'm a simsaholic.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo

I'm gonna call it like that from now on

It's actually quite common a thing to celebrate among pagans.

And among us *ahem* cultists of Cthulhu
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:16 PM
I'm not addicted anymore. I was planning to get an SSD for Xmas, but then I told my husband don't bother.
My upgrades so far have improved Sims 3 performance, but I was also thinking ahead and preparing for the coming of Sims 4. And then Sims 4 was just a kick in the teeth.....
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:47 PM.
Well, yeah, reminds me I hadn't gotten IP and ITF for TS3 'cause TS4 was coming, and... after buying TS4 I just got those two and some more custom content and got back to TS3.

I'm also giving TS2 another try right now, but using that one to shake off the TS3 addiction is kinda like getting on crack to quit smoking

Edit: I mean, just because TS4 sucks it's no reason to get off the TS games that don't.
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:51 PM
I used to think that i was addicted to The Sims - the series, I mean. But, no. Turns out I'm only addicted to TS2. Everything else is just trying to get the same buzz, but failing most days.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
#9 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 6:01 AM
I'm a simaholic too. (Love that term, Lisfyre).

I play the SIMs too much. I play SIMs 3 music on the way to work. I really do have other things to do... I had a life. Then I got SIMs 3, and that was the end of my free time.

But now with SIMS 4 being DOA, I and seeing SIMs 3 websites like Simlogical shut down... I feel like I'm living that Stephen King story, "The Langoliers". My world is slowly disappearing.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
But now with SIMS 4 being DOA, I and seeing SIMs 3 websites like Simlogical shut down... I feel like I'm living that Stephen King story, "The Langoliers". My world is slowly disappearing.

Simlogical just moved. (Refresh if it doesn't load. Worked for me.)
Theorist
#11 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey

It's not DOA. EA would rather kill it one paper cut at a time...
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 7:57 PM
I watched 4 seasons of the Sims 3 Hunger Games, then made my own.

I played Sims 3 for 13 hours when I should have been working on cosplay.

ALL HAIL THE MAD KING
Forum Resident
#13 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 8:48 PM
When your Origin hits 1000+.

Yea, that was me a year ago.
Scholar
#14 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
When your Origin hits 1000+.

Yea, that was me a year ago.

1171 and counting. Since midway through February. Oops.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 5:58 AM
You're talking about hours played presumably?

I kind of wish I knew how many hours I've played the Sims, especially 3..but at the same time it may just give me a heart attack.
Scholar
#16 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 6:20 AM
Yup. Well, I assume we are anyway. Otherwise I'm gonna look pretty dumb.

And yeah well I just did the maths and it works out at like 3.66 hours a day. Every day. And tbf that includes times when the game was open but was paused and I wasn't playing, but still. Whoops. So you might be right about not knowing possibly being better.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:40 AM
3 days before sims 4 came out
Don't get sims 4
Don't get sims 4
Don't get sims 4
Don't get sims 4
Don't get sims 4
Buys sims 4 for $80.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:32 AM
Move over, amateurs.

I started with the original Sims game on Game Cube *bought for my kids, mind you.* My beloved husband eventually bought me a desktop, so my kids could have their game system back.

I was a HUGE supporter of TSOnline, and cried when it shut down. *dancing on water??? Yes, please and thank you!*

I used TS2 to stop drinking. Real talk. I literally played 12 hours a day, 7 days a week......for at least 8 months. Prior to that, I only played TS3 for 3-4 hours a day for about 2 years. Eventually, I weaned myself back to 2-3 hours a day, EVERY day.....for four years.

Since the launch of TS3. I can honestly report I play 3-4 hours a day, EVERY day, for the past 4 or 5 years. I make more money now, so I have 5 or 6 games going on my desktop *built for me by my now-adult gamer son*, 2 on my favorite laptop *bought for me by the aforesaid beloved and long-suffering husband*, and a vanilla game I play on my work laptop when I travel for my job.

My name is Chocklitkiss, and I am a Simaholic. With NO days clean, and NONE intended.

Carry on.

*Sidenote: the sim in my profile pic is my beloved Darienne, my very first simself in TS3.*

It is impossible to get on your feet until you get off your butt.