Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM
Default Is it possible to open CAS without loading a world first?
Is it? Sometimes I want to make sims and cut out the middleman.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:22 AM
I highly doubt it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM
EA sold CAS as a standalone application. I don't know whether it's still available, though.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 1:31 AM
Where would it be found if it still is? And if it's standalone, it still uses the custom content I have, yeah?
Site Helper
#5 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 1:41 AM
You can find small, empty worlds and use one of them for your CAS needs. They load quickly, and don't need saving (I know there is one at fuzzylogicdishwasher, which has a single lot in case you want to take an in-game picture of your sim.)

Here is the link to the one that Shivar made: http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspo...d-clothing.html

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#6 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Where would it be found if it still is? And if it's standalone, it still uses the custom content I have, yeah?

Here it is - for sale at Origin. However I don't know if it will recognize your in game custom content or if you can transfer Sims made in it to your game I think that Ghost's suggestion is the better way to go to be honest and it's free!
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Here it is - for sale at Origin. However I don't know if it will recognize your in game custom content or if you can transfer Sims made in it to your game I think that Ghost's suggestion is the better way to go to be honest and it's free!

I've tried it in the past and never could get it to access my custom content so I never use it anymore because I couldn't use custom skins.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 7:37 PM
FLD's world is..odd. It didn't save as a .world file, so I'm not sure where to put it.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#9 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
It's in simpack form, so just place it in your downloads folder, and instal from the launcher.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM
It doesn't show up on the install list, nor does it show up in the worlds list.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 1:47 AM
I don't think so. The body shop in Sims 2 was really nice. It'd be neat if they had something similar for 3. But I'm not really complaining... happy to have Sims at all! Lol.

Paisley♥
"nimbo helba bob queek welp"
Inventor
#12 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:12 AM
I wrote a small tutorial about it:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post4652161
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
It doesn't show up on the install list, nor does it show up in the worlds list.

Make sure you're putting it in My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Downloads

If it still isn't showing up in the Worlds list after installing it with the launcher, try going to My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>InstalledWorlds and copying the .world file there into "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds" (or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds" if you have it through Origin).