Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:14 PM
Default Can we get animals from Sims Castaway Stories into the Sims 2?
Is it possible? Is it easy? Any additional info?
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:26 PM
that's an interesting idea but this isnt the site to ask for that try MATY where they're actually allowed to talk about it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:29 PM
im not asking for someone to do it for me, i just want instructions, thats all, so please dont get me wrong.
Site Helper
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:32 PM
You missed the point. Re-read the post by SingleClawDesigns.
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:39 PM
I think that extracting from the Stories to Sims 2 is considered a no-no by EA, so this wouldn't be the place to find out. I also think that if it were possible, it would have been done and I've not heard that anyone has done it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM
ohm right sorry, but may i ask why? i mean, can't we discuss it here? i am aware of the rules considering the stories stuff in the WCIF section.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:51 PM
Actually, you are allowed to ask about taking stuff from a game you own and porting it to another game you own for your own personal use. Asking for someone else to do it for you, or to upload stuff so you don't have to buy it in another game or whatever is not okay, but if MMAA just wants to get animals from their Castaway game to their Sims 2 game, that's okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:52 PM
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:55 PM
I know the orangutan can't be done; likewise the big panther critters (iirc) are also out, but the hyena is probably possible to export as a dog breed in some way. How, I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:59 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 24th Oct 2011 at 8:49 PM.
why cant we export the others? dont they have any files? the should
the stories use the same system or UI or whatever it was called as the sims 2
oh...wait...the castaway game isnt really the same as the other right?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:16 PM
I've seen hyenas from the game, but the reason you can't get the leopards or orangutans is that Sims 2 doesn't have anything analogous to that. No large cat breeds, and certainly no simians.

I would dearly love to have those leopards, though. Mini leopards built on the small cat form are cute, but just aren't the same.
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:48 PM
Ditto that Darby. Some big animals in TS2 would be awesome. There's an EP I wish TS2 had--a Zoo!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:11 AM
Oh, the orangutan would have been the one I wanted! There was a bunch of stuff from Castaways that would be fun in Sims 2.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#14 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemilya
I realize this isn't the EXACT place to put this but I feel it's pretty darn close. If I'm wrong about that just let me know and I'll repost elsewhere ...anyways I'm trying to pull objects and meshes out of CS for TS2, both of which I own and this is for personal use only of course, but am getting stuck very quickly in SimsPE, specifically that the packages don't have the corresponding Geometric Data. Am I doing this wrong? I'm trying to get the meshes out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\Objects; is this wrong?

For starters, I think you should:
1. start a new thread to ask that question, and
2. not necro 2 dead threads by asking the same exact question.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 3:43 PM
Ha! I didn't even notice the dates when this appeared in my feed. I'm sure the OP must have searched the threads to find the right place to post. It can be confusing since you don't want to start new threads if there's already one out there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.