Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 4:48 AM
Default Christianlovs mods explanation ?
Seriously .. Christianlovs mod folder is a mystery ...
Does anyone here know what most of his stuff does ?
It can be found at http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....71855#msg171855 ...
But it has no documentation or explanation what MOST OF HIS STUFF DOES .

So if anyone has a clue, or was looking for his mods .. there u go ...
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:31 AM
Most of his mods are in the archive, but if you look him up on here you will see some of them here with an explanation. Which ones were you wanting to know, I use a few.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Most of his mods are in the archive, but if you look him up on here you will see some of them here with an explanation. Which ones were you wanting to know, I use a few.

I was wondering on the ; Alarm CLock , Clothing Collector, Plug In Closet, Plugin Closet Gussy Up , Pregnancy Tester, Smart Fridge , Woohoo Monitor and Try on Longer..

Like ive tried to search them up, but it doesnt really get any hits ..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:53 AM
I use Closet Gussy Up, great mod. That gets added to every sims pie menu and that one lets you get clothes, plan clothes, change appearance or even change face sculpt. It's a mod that got made before seasons so there is no outerwear on it. I don't know what the others are.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#5 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:53 AM
Plug in closet gussy up I believe allows you to buy or plan outfits for ANY sim. I freaking love the gussy up mod. Part of the gussy up mod also allows you to change ANY sims appearance or give them plastic surgery where they stand.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:59 AM
Thank you both of you. Ill definitively get the plug in closet gussy up ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:00 AM
I use Closet Gussy Up, great mod. That gets added to every sims pie menu and that one lets you get clothes, plan clothes, change appearance or even change face sculpt. It's a mod that got made before seasons so there is no outerwear on it. I don't know what the others are.

You said you use a few of his mods? what other do you use?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:12 AM
Transport mirror, wallet controller and I have used the skin selector, but years ago.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:26 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 9th Oct 2018 at 4:12 AM. Reason: spelling
The Plugin Closet Gussy Up can also fix OFB's employee face glitch if you set a sim's uniform then gussy them up and make them change into their uniform again.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:31 AM
Sometimes, not everything every time. My waiter never got his eyebrows back although he got his face sculpt back. CG is great for grabbing passing townies or even playables and making a quick fix. Nose on a new towenie ready to make you vomit, quick plastic surgery job.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:48 AM
Alarm CLock: Some (improved) functionality for alarmclocks (cheap and expensive)
Pregnancy Tester: Lets you handle pregnancy (make,interrupt, speed up) and get statitics on pregnancy (cf SimBlender)
Smart Fridge: Some (improved) functionality for cheap and expensive fridge. A high chair for toddler with the opportunity to get a bottle for feeding toddler (without walking to other fridge)
Woohoo Monitor: statistics over all woohooing in your Neighborhood (playables , NPC:s and Townies (teens, adults,elders))
Try on Longer: Wall-painting that let your sim to check-out and change clothing and shop new clothing

BTW The creator uses a clever technique to reuse Maxis meshes.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 9:22 AM
Plug In Closet adds a "Change Into" item to every Sim's menu. It lets them change into Everyday, Formal, Work Clothes, Pyjamas, Swimwear, Underwear, Gym Clothes or naked. There's also a Force Redress option,

I use it all the time. It lets you dress or undress your Sim without sending them to the wardrobe. It lets you change visitors' clothes. It lets you change townies onto their formal wear at a wedding, or their swimwear at the pool. In short it lets you dress all your Sims in whichever of their outfits is most appropriate for the occasion. When they've finished doing whatever their doing at the moment, they spin round and change into the selected outfit. In conjunction with Plug In Closet Gussy Up, it gives you complete control over what your Sims are wearing.

I don't know if it includes outerwear as I don't have Seasons myself.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 9:55 AM
Transport mirror, wallet controller and I have used the skin selector, but years ago.

What does the wallet controller do exactly Jo?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 10:52 AM
I think the download explains it better than I can http://modthesims.info/d/292893 I use it mostly to have one sim pay another sim for goods or services.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 11:39 AM
The Clothing Collector is described here, the Wallet Controller here. Both are here on MTS.

The clothing collector copies clothes from another Sim's wardrobe to your Sim. I don't use it myself, and both the Gussy Up, and the Boutique Clothes Rail mods seem to do much the same thing by accident. (At least they do in my game.)

I use the Wallet to transfer money between Sims. I'll never forget watching Consort Capp meeting Goneril in the street outside Capp Manor, and taking thirty thousand Simoleons out of his back pocket and giving it to her, so she could buy the house of her choice.

[EDIT] Partially ninja'd by Jo, but I couldn't see her post without switching to Classic view. By my posting in Bootstrap, you should all be able to see it now.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 12:16 PM
Hm, doesn't sound much different to SimWardrobe's cheque book which I currently use. I've always hoped for something that allows specific sums to be moved around (should be possible with the fridge stock controller right?). Is there anything like that around?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Scholar
#17 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
[EDIT] Partially ninja'd by Jo, but I couldn't see her post without switching to Classic view. By my posting in Bootstrap, you should all be able to see it now.

I've also noticed I haven't been able to see Jo's posts recently. It'll say on the overview she posted last, but I don't see it on the thread until somebody else posts after.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I've also noticed I haven't been able to see Jo's posts recently. It'll say on the overview she posted last, but I don't see it on the thread until somebody else posts after.

That is a problem when some players are still using the old style of MTS and not the new style that came out several years ago.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
It affects posts by Jo and other members who use the older Classic View. I think (for example) it can affect posts by Charity and BoilingOil as well. I usually use the newer Bootstrap View but on occasion I switch to classic. It not only allows me to see these posts sooner but there are some other advantages to Classic View as well. For instance I can see what SPs members have if I look at their profiles in Classic. To make it easy to switch, I have a shortcut to the Sims 2 forum in Classic View saved in Internet Explorer Favourites, thus:

I've inserted it as a graphic because, if I try to give the URL in text, a rule at MTS automatically changes it to the equivalent Bootstrap view.

So, if you use Bootstrap and you want to be able to see posts from Jo and other users faster, create a shortcut in your browser to that URL.

I believe the problem is caused by it taking time to flush some cache out.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:06 PM
I have not used any of his mods, not sure if I need any - because:

Change a Sim's outfit - Pescado's clothing tool. Ridiculously easy to change your Sim into something acceptable after growing up into the slob outfit or something. Can change hair and makeup. Can also use it to buy new clothes. And uniforms for workers. (I have to check on townies).I think your Sim can also snarf another outfit from a visitor.

Change a Sim's outfit at any time - Sim Blender (I threw a pajama party with that in my military hood) Can change just one Sim or all of them at once. Can also send a Sim back to CAS. (trying to keep to the relevant things).

Pay another Sim - Pescado's money order. You buy it, decide on an amount and post it to the Sim of your choice.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:12 PM
I wouldn't say several years ago, it's only been about two I thought. Delphy fixed that some time ago-at least for those of us on classic. I can see everyone's posts since he did whatever tweak it was, I wasn't aware that Bootstrap users still had the issue; what a pain.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:35 PM
Honestly I've only been noticing it in the last few days with Jo's posts, it hasn't been happening very long at all, at least for me.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:19 PM

Is that what the difference is between Closet Gussy Up and the Clothing Rack? That Closet Gussy Up is a menu item where Clothing Rack is an object? I've heard about Closet Gussy Up before and wasn't clear what it did that was different. If that's the case, I think I'll stick with the Clothing Rack since it was updated for Seasons and it's an object mod (I have way too many menu items on my sims already and there is a small possibility that Closet Gussy Up might conflict with something). My only beef with the Clothing Rack is that Christianlov left the hanger-flipping animation on it so it sometimes takes too long to change clothes.

Pescado's Clothing Tool is great for use on the sims that live on the specific lot where you're using it, but the Clothing Rack also does home shopping for clothes, change appearance and plastic surgery and all its features can also be used on townies.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:32 PM
You can buy clothes, pick accessories, change appearance with Pescado's Clothing tool - I think the only thing missing is the plastic surgery (which I don't need )