Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:29 PM Last edited by sailorleontine6 : 26th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM.
Default which languages do you speak?
the topic said it all: which languages do you guys speak?

it's kinda out of the topic from the game and all but i thought it won't hurt to start a topic that don't have anything to do about the sims game.

which language(s) do i speak?
to answer you guys this question, i speak: english (duh or i wouldn't start a topic about this), dutch and a few words in japanese

you can also write which languages you want to learn me for examble: japanese (it's kinda difficult to learn since my language isn't simulated to this language)
& spain for now
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:58 AM
I'm fluent in Confused. For example I was surprised that the i-Full tower wasn't a revolving restaurant. But instead it was just one of these:
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:19 PM
My native languages are English and Swedish, but I'm in the process of learning Spanish, and I guess I'm intermediate in it? I can communicate, but I'm very very shy when talking to native speakers hahaha

Languages that would be cool to learn would be Russian and Korean, but I doubt I'll ever get around to those as I want to focus on getting as good as possible at Spanish :~)
dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I'm fluent in Confused. For example I was surprised that the i-Full tower wasn't a revolving restaurant. But instead it was just one of these:

You have to take historie into account. Those power lines wasn't even in the picture when the Tour Eiffel was built

I guess surrounding restaurants are just way off the scale

OT: Isn't there a thread somewhere about this already?
Alchemist
#5 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:53 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this already. It's where I've learned that English is a Germanic language too
But eh, I'm just gonna say that I speak English, Dutch, German and Sarcasm.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:02 AM
English and a little Chinese, Japanese and sign language.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka

what does this have anything to do with languages??

i mean it's just the i-full tower come on !
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 4:24 PM
I'm English and Portuguese (though I don't really speak Portuguese). And I speak fluent Spanish, a little French and some sign language. I love sign language, and I'm not sure why but i'm in the process of learning it.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:47 AM
My primary language is English, and I'm a novice at Spanish from learning it back in middle and high school. Although I am half Scandinavian, I know very little Danish from my mom.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
dodgy builder
#10 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
what does this have anything to do with languages??

i mean it's just the i-full tower come on !

I'm pretty sure there is a rule somewhere against opening new discussions when there one not far away on the same subject
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
English and Spanish. I took German in high school, but that was a bust.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:14 PM
Lithuanian (native),English,German,Spanish and a grain of Hindu (a couple phrases,gotta practice more).
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:21 PM
I speak Polish (my native language), English (as you see), French (although my French is quite rusty), a little bit of Italian (I don't speak Italian, but I like to sing Italian Opera songs), I know some single words and phrases in German, And, I also learned Latin and ancient Greek.
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:20 PM
english only,too lazy to even attempt another language.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM
Only my English is fluent. French, but I can't write for shit, my Dutch is ok, and then basic German and Arabic. I'm supposed to be learning Finnish while I'm on exchange, but its not going very well. Reading Swedish seems to be working better
I swear once I'm done with uni Imma do the intensive courses in French so that I can finally prove to myslef and the parentals that I learn a language properly.
Space Pony
#16 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 11:57 AM
English, ASL (Former Interpreter), Spanish, little Japanese, little Persian, little Tagalog, I tried Danish and Arabic and failed miserably.

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:53 PM
My own language, English (I'm better at writing than speaking, though), and made-up-on-the-spot sign language (because we've got some hard-of-hearing elderly where I work, and sometimes one in particular can't hear a thing without, or even with, hearing aids, so there's a lot of pointing, gesturing, slow talking, but most of all misunderstanding).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:51 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 26th Jul 2018 at 9:03 PM.
I am fluent in English, I understand basic Latin American Spanish that I can read aloud any notification printed in Spanish and be able to understand it. I understand French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean. I can understand in order, from best to worst fluency: Japanese, French, German, Italian, Chinese (both types), Korean. My father had the gall to make me translate a roadsign in Korean when we were visiting my grandparents in Edison. It was like giving a soldier an unloaded gun and forcing them to battle. Likewise, I usually rely on online learning resources for linguistics as of late.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My own language, English (I'm better at writing than speaking, though), and made-up-on-the-spot sign language (because we've got some hard-of-hearing elderly where I work, and sometimes one in particular can't hear a thing without, or even with, hearing aids, so there's a lot of pointing, gesturing, slow talking, but most of all misunderstanding).

omg you remind it from myself expect i'm dutch but yeah i can understand english words a bit more day by day. i started learning it when i was 9 when i just like learn to write with pictures though
at first i was like uhm what i can't understand a thing in this language (english) but most of the english things, i learned it on my own by watching YouTube video's
my parents can speak english too so i guess a part of me i learned it from them

but about your part i get it at some point because i can write things better in english then speaking because i have a bad accent and Always don't know how to say things right
besides i'm Always thinking about what to say in english and i stutter quite often when i speak it

my best friend and i had that talk from social media about speaking and writing things in english last week. he also told me he could write things better in english then speaking since he has a bad accent too