Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2016 at 9:48 AM Last edited by freck1es : 5th May 2016 at 11:21 AM.
Family not in the library: how to backup?
I've used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to edit an existing family. I've spent hours changing their looks, traits, names, adding family members, etc. and I really like the result. However, my Library still shows the original unmodified family (maybe because I've used fulleditmode to unlock the CAS), so now I can't make a backup, in case something goes wrong or when reinstalling the game

Is there anything I can do to export them? I've tried locating them in the Tray folder and even performing a binary search for their names, but apparently they're just not there. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th May 2016 at 10:24 AM
Just a thought, don't know if it is right, but have you tried to give them a different name? Maybe you can't save two families with the same name.
Oh, another thought: when you're in the gallery, did you activate "show custom content" ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2016 at 10:57 AM
Yes, the CC option is active and I also tried renaming them but they just won't show up in the library. Since families are automatically added when you create them, I assume editing them via CAS cheats won't trigger the library update. Thanks anyway.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th May 2016 at 8:24 AM
When you "edit" a sim that is already in your town all it does is edit them for that town. The sim you originally created is in your library with no changes made. If you want to keep an edited sim you can't change them after they are placed in the town. The only way to change the sim in your library is to go to the library and choose the sim you want to edit. Make any changes you want then save the sim. The changes should be in the library now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warren Zevon
This may seem silly, but have you tried using this button?

That was it. I feel so stupid for having missed that... (can you believe I had never used that icon before?)

Thanks Warren Zevon & Persian!