Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neerie
College mascotts and chearleaders are probably not a good idea to marry since they keep their cheerful personnality so to speak.

One of my sims married a cheerleader and it turned out fine. She made it to the top of the Business career and got a platinum aspiration. Her only bad habit was going to community lots in a Llama costume.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#277 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aja821
One of my sims married a cheerleader and it turned out fine. She made it to the top of the Business career and got a platinum aspiration. Her only bad habit was going to community lots in a Llama costume.

I thought the llama mascots were all male... or did the game spawn a female llama mascot?

Anyway, I am curious about pack leader wolves, and whether or not they are safe to move in using cheats. Do they have incomplete character files as well, or are they attached to the objects file?
Mad Poster
#278 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:16 PM
I wouldn't force a pack leader into a family, simply because they can't be moved in normally via Adopt. Don't know about their character files, though.
Mad Poster
#279 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I wouldn't force a pack leader into a family, simply because they can't be moved in normally via Adopt. Don't know about their character files, though.

I understand your concern on that, since I saw that in one of your early posts, you made all the special npcs playable and had to reinstall your game. I don't plan on making the pack leader playable until I know for certain that he or she is safe. I just would like to get one of those wolves to breed with my dogs, and see what I get. Pack leaders seem to be the wolf-equivalent of Nervous Subject, personalitywise, except that they're not quite pigpens or finicky. Saw their personalities in SimPE and well, I got a soft spot for that type of sim. Heheh *is shot*

Also, I read that the matchmaker is likely okay even though you can't move her in without a hack or cheat. Anyone get problems in their game after moving in one of the three matchmakers?

BTW I might have some of my simmies have babies through the simblender with the repomen, because of their personalities. All grouchy, lol. Wonder what the kids would be like XD
Mad Poster
#280 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 5:07 AM
If the LoTP will breed at all, you shouldn't have to move him in to do it. As long as the female lives on the lot, a sim she has a good relationship with can command her to Try For Puppy With... the LoTP during one of his visits.

Of course, the dog and LoTP pack need to be at a certain relationship level too, I'm sure. So either lots of Command/Play With..., or click/dragging relationship bars up, if you're impatient. I've made the LoTP selectable before (as have gazillions of players who're cheating themselves a Nibble), and that appears to be a safe thing to do.

ETA: I've successfully bred a female dog to a visiting wolf without having to move the wolf in or use cheats.

By the way, you mentioned the personality of the Leader of the Pack. The regular wolves all have identical personalities. Is the LotP's different? I'm sure I must have taken a look at LotP's personality, but I can't remember how it compared to the default wolf personality.
#281 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I thought the llama mascots were all male... or did the game spawn a female llama mascot?...
I too managed to get a female cheerleader to join a Greek house, and when she graduated, she wore the Llama Mascot outfit whenever she visited a lot as a non-playable. A bit of a shock, and definitely an annoyance. As far as I know, the Llama [and Cow] Mascots *are* all male.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#282 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
As far as I know, the Llama [and Cow] Mascots *are* all male.

That may be the case with Llama mascots (I don't recall seeing any female Llamas), but I've definitely had female cow mascots in my game.
Scholar
#283 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:06 PM
I too managed to get a female cheerleader to join a Greek house, and when she graduated, she wore the Llama Mascot outfit whenever she visited a lot as a non-playable. A bit of a shock, and definitely an annoyance. As far as I know, the Llama [and Cow] Mascots *are* all male.

Yea dude. I had a couple sims marry cheerleaders and llamas, not any more. Im so sick of them barging in and running around in the llama outfit. The most recent (and last) married cheerleader in my hood just died, and when I sent her grave to the cemetery, her ghost popped up in the llama outfit. I was ppiisssseedd.

On a side note, I was so disappointed to discover that the hair stylists aren't "real" sims. I ad a really good looking one spawn, and was gonna have my sim marry him, but he didnt have any normal interactions, and couldn't leave when I invited him on a date. I had to M.O.O. delete him.
Mad Poster
#284 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:21 PM
I've only seen male llama mascots, but I've seen male and female cow mascots.

Squinge has a no adult mascot mod (meaning they don't wear the silly costumes if you make them an adult) http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c&topic=10546.0
#285 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:26 PM
That may be the case with Llama mascots (I don't recall seeing any female Llamas), but I've definitely had female cow mascots in my game.
Thanks for the info. I hadn`t seen any myself, so....

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#286 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 11:16 PM
If the LoTP will breed at all, you shouldn't have to move him in to do it. As long as the female lives on the lot, a sim she has a good relationship with can command her to Try For Puppy With... the LoTP during one of his visits.

Of course, the dog and LoTP pack need to be at a certain relationship level too, I'm sure. So either lots of Command/Play With..., or click/dragging relationship bars up, if you're impatient. I've made the LoTP selectable before (as have gazillions of players who're cheating themselves a Nibble), and that appears to be a safe thing to do.

ETA: I've successfully bred a female dog to a visiting wolf without having to move the wolf in or use cheats.

By the way, you mentioned the personality of the Leader of the Pack. The regular wolves all have identical personalities. Is the LotP's different? I'm sure I must have taken a look at LotP's personality, but I can't remember how it compared to the default wolf personality.

So I guess all the wolves have the almost-Nervous Subject personality? Are they all hyper, independent, aggressive, genius, and midway between pigpen and finicky?
Mad Poster
#287 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Darby : 6th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Yes, all wolves share those traits you listed. Oddly, they don't always have the same zodiac sign. I don't suppose I should let that bother me, since there's no notion of chemistry between pets, but they probably should have just left zodiac signs off cat/dog/wolf personalities altogether.

Anyway, mini-rant aside, I figure it's a safe bet that the Leader of the Pack has the same personality stats as the regular wolves, but I can't say I'm 100% certain on that. Trying to spawn one to see... eta: Yes, the LotP has the same personality.
Mad Poster
#288 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 11:56 PM
Yes, all wolves share those traits you listed. Oddly, they don't always have the same zodiac sign. I don't suppose I should let that bother me, since there's no notion of chemistry between pets, but they probably should have just left zodiac signs off cat/dog/wolf personalities altogether.

Anyway, mini-rant aside, I figure it's a safe bet that the Leader of the Pack has the same personality stats as the regular wolves, but I can't say I'm 100% certain on that. Trying to spawn one to see... eta: Yes, the LotP has the same personality.

You've made the LOTPs playable before? I guess if making them playable doesn't bork the hood or the game, then it could be safe to move them in even by cheats? Also, from your experiences, has making the gypsy selectable or playable done any damage? I read that it's safe, and I'd love to have a matchmaker in the family and possibly use the 'give me youth' wish on her, then send the former matchmaker to college. Wonder what she'd look like as a teen lol!
Mad Poster
#289 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 12:11 AM
I've made LotPs selectable before, just long enough to see their stats, and/or to drag relationship bars up. They're not "universal" NPCs that bork the objects.package file, and I've never heard that it's not safe to do this, so...

I have not ever added one to a family, though, and treated it like a pet. It might be okay to do that, but I still wouldn't, without knowing for certain.

I don't know about Gypsys. As with any sim, my personal rule of thumb is that if an NPC doesn't have both a real name AND all the usual social interactions available to them, including Propose/Move In (or Adopt, in the case of the LotP), I won't add them to a family, or even make them selectable, in the case of the universal NPCs.
Test Subject
#290 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 2:45 AM
Has anybody ever had problems moving in Bartenders and Grocers? The first time I moved in a Bartender, my game worked fine for a while but then the errors started coming up. It got pretty frustrating so I deleted that neighbourhood, started a new one, played for a bit, moved in another Bartender and again I got the errors.
I always thought the Bartenders were pretty safe but now I'm not so sure. I just wonder if anybody's had the same problems.
And with the Grocers, I had my teen sim date one of them. Then when it was time for my sim to age up I thought it'd be a good idea to age the Grocer as well so I did and I think I even moved him in. I gave the Grocer a new, normal job (politics...something or other) but whenever I played any other family and had a sim visit the grocery store, the now adult former-grocer would be behind the counter but without a uniform and facing backwards. I think I also got errors after that too.
So I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else and if the Bartenders/Grocers are really that safe?
Inventor
#291 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 6:11 AM
I'm assuming by grocers you mean the green apron wearing teen sims? I call them clerks , but regardless , I've moved in many bartenders and all three of the Pleasantview default clerks ( Michelle Kearney, George McCarthy and Nicole Thompson) numerous times and never noticed any glitches.Once you move them in , they certainly shouldn't appear as NPC's any more , even if you later make them into townies, using Inge's cat or some other method. They should just function as normal townies , at that point , appear randomly in whatever garb you last put them in and with no further NPC duties. Like all/most former NPC's they may barge into your house uninvited , but nothing problematic.. What errors did you get with the bartenders? I've never seen or heard anything remotely like what happened to you with the clerks. If you just aged the clerk up , and didn't move them in, that may be the borkage there, never tried that. I've just had them age naturally after moving in.

Edited to add that all move in's were done by standard relationship status being high enough , what method(s) have you used to move them in?
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:36 AM Last edited by PolterGeist44 : 7th Oct 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Pretty much any sim that has a proper name, is randomly generated and isn't an universal constant (like Mrs. Crumplebottom, and her treacherous bag) can be safely married.

Repomen cannot be married, but I doubt anyone would want to do so, I'd have zero romantic interest in some guy who comes and sends my items to oblivion.
Mad Poster
#293 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolterGeist44
Pretty much any sim that has a proper name, is randomly generated and isn't an universal constant (like Mrs. Crumplebottom, and her treacherous bag) can be safely married.

Repomen cannot be married, but I doubt anyone would want to do so, I'd have zero romantic interest in some guy who comes and sends my items to oblivion.

Also, the bus, taxi and carpool drivers should not be moved in or made playable in any way. From what I read, their character files are incomplete, and they can't even be interacted with even when they are invited over.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#294 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:04 PM
Also, the bus, taxi and carpool drivers should not be moved in or made playable in any way. From what I read, their character files are incomplete, and they can't even be interacted with even when they are invited over.

It's the same sims driving the taxis, carpool and school bus. Just sayin'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#295 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 11:28 PM

It must be a cheerleader thing. I'm glad i'm not the only one who had this happen.
Test Subject
#296 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
I'm assuming by grocers you mean the green apron wearing teen sims? I call them clerks , but regardless , I've moved in many bartenders and all three of the Pleasantview default clerks ( Michelle Kearney, George McCarthy and Nicole Thompson) numerous times and never noticed any glitches.Once you move them in , they certainly shouldn't appear as NPC's any more , even if you later make them into townies, using Inge's cat or some other method. They should just function as normal townies , at that point , appear randomly in whatever garb you last put them in and with no further NPC duties. Like all/most former NPC's they may barge into your house uninvited , but nothing problematic.. What errors did you get with the bartenders? I've never seen or heard anything remotely like what happened to you with the clerks. If you just aged the clerk up , and didn't move them in, that may be the borkage there, never tried that. I've just had them age naturally after moving in.

Edited to add that all move in's were done by standard relationship status being high enough , what method(s) have you used to move them in?

I wish I could remember the errors I got specifically but it was so long ago I've just started a brand new neighbourhood recently (I'm not emotionally attached to any Sim) so I might give it another whirl and if it messes up my game again, then I'll know to avoid it completely in future.
Thanks for your help anyway
Forum Resident
#297 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 1:58 AM

I learned that a hard way, actually even summoning them to the lot won't work. Once I accidently summoned a Cab driver (I think they had the name Amber) to the lot, and then everything went very slowly because of her, and I couldn't get rid of her, even summoning another sim and going Ask everyone to leave wouldn't work. I think I had to remove everyone from that house because of it.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Mad Poster
#298 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
I learned that a hard way, actually even summoning them to the lot won't work. Once I accidently summoned a Cab driver (I think they had the name Amber) to the lot, and then everything went very slowly because of her, and I couldn't get rid of her, even summoning another sim and going Ask everyone to leave wouldn't work. I think I had to remove everyone from that house because of it.

I guess they were made for one purpose only - transportation. I wish EAxis would have made it possible to make them playable without glitches or corruption.
Test Subject
#299 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:21 PM
It's just way too easy to mess up this game. I placed a few new sims and started playing some of the houses in Strangetown last week. Last night Ophelia Nigmos and her fiance were visited the eve before their wedding by a drowning ghost who proceeded to slime their entire courtyard with puddles of water. The fiance spent most of the next day mopping up before I could set up the wedding arch and buffet tables.

So that ghost had to go. When I sent the fiance to move the tombstone "Kick" was one of the available options and I let the tired bridegroom vent a few times before moving the stone. Meanwhile the gypsy visited, left a magic lamp and lo and behold one of the wishes was to rez none other than Luc Smith the water ghost.

Thinking paybacks might be interesting I had him rez the ghost who was immediately added to the household instead of evicted like a lowly townie He's now on permanent mop duty since another drowning ghost soon appeared.

Is this a dangerous npc to have in a household? He's very good looking. Is there a way to tell if his facial characteristics will pass down? I found a tutorial to make sim cosmetic surgery genetic but I don't want to change his looks, just keep him from destroying my hood and make some cute babies!
Mad Poster
#300 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 11:24 AM
Most of the ghosts in Olive's graveyard will corrupt the hood if rezzed, unless you're playing a cleaned and fixed version of Strangetown. Even then, I'd rather just leave the ghosts there alone except for the ones listed as safe in the sims wiki.
Page 12 of 18