Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:50 PM
Default What the hell is this shader crap that keeps happening to my mesh edits?
I keep things simple, I clone my CAS parts with S3OC, extract the assets with S3PE, edit with Milkshape and GIMP, then put the thing back together with S3PE.

So why is this happening?

Mesh editing is virtually impossible with Milkshape, but there's no alternative so it'll have to do. How others do it is well beyond me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:44 PM
hrm could be 2 things:

- It has no bump map
- UV map is overlapping but this should make it look totally fine in-game itself

I think it's the former though, might be worth checking out
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 6:28 PM
The lack of a bump map could cause these weird shader issues? I find that odd, for one, but I know for a fact that it has a normal map because the item I cloned it from has a normal map. In fact I didn't even bother to modify the normal map yet because I wanted to test it in-game first.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )