Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:11 AM
Default Sims 2 PC Happy Holiday Stuff question
Where can I get the happy holiday stuff EP?

I'm not exactly rich so I always got to wait for a game to get cheap so I can buy it. I just recently bought the sims 2 game and most of the EPs and I most likely won't be getting any sims 3 games or EPs for a good couple of years. I was wondering if holiday stuff was limited time only?

I keep going to stores but nobody is selling it, I checked amazon.com but the only one i can afford is in the UK and i'm in the US. I checked EA.com or EAgames.com or whatever and searched in the games but it's not there. I also checked the View All Sim Games on that site and it's not listed there either.

I really want to have a holiday items and a santa clause for my game. Kind of dumb that Seasons doesn't come with the Holiday Stuff (oh, but it comes with gardening stuff, yay ).

Also, so I don't have to use up space by making another thread, does anybody know if pets can drink out of ponds for the PC game? I'm making a forest with animals but it won't be much of a forest with food bowls around it for the Eh, *deer* and *bears*.

{{It's lost and can't be found.}}
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:30 AM
Have you checked ebay yet? I did a quick search just now but most of them seem to be for Macs, but there are some PC ones.

Pets can't drink out of ponds unfortunately, but they can drink puddles D: You can try hiding the food bowls with a bunch of bushes, or find CC pet bowls that look like something else.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 12:16 PM
E-bay is the way to go. I bought all my discs except one stuff pack on e-bay. Also check the games software section of your local Half-Price books periodically.

I don't think they can improve their hunger score by drinking out of puddles, can they? All I've seen them do is reduce their hygiene score (because of the kind of puddles they lick, yuck). Nobody can interact with ponds except to fish in them, which is a shame. Wouldn't it be great to see them wading and horsing around?

Cats and the penguin can eat fish left lying around, but think everybody has to eat out of some kind of dish and/or straight from the appliance otherwise. You can't pick an apple off an apple tree and eat it directly; it has to go into the fridge or the juicer. So building a forest with wild animals is going to require a lot of CC whatever you do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:10 PM
You do need to make sure it's Happy Holiday Stuff and not Happy Holiday Pack or Happy Holiday Mini-Pack. Also, this pack doesn't need an installation code. I didn't know this and passed up buying it at Half-Priced Books because it didn't come with the manual that usually has the code.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't think they can improve their hunger score by drinking out of puddles, can they?

My pets only drink a puddle when they are very hungry and my sim is unable to fill the food bowl in time. It does increase hunger slightly and it varies on how long they drink, but it is gross since the puddle is most likely someone's pee (or even their own). I wouldn't rely on that as a source of food Dx.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:20 AM
Oh okay thanks everyone.

I really didn't want to have to buy it from ebay or amazon, etc, because I'm afraid I'll pay for it and it will be broken or scratched.

And about the pond, that's fine. I'll download some CC or just make some myself.

Thanks!

{{It's lost and can't be found.}}
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:54 AM
You shouldn't be afraid of ebay and amazon; you could score an amazing deal, especially on sim games!

I've used both sites with no issues for years now. Just be smart and shop like you would at a vendor at the mall or on the street. Read all the details and don't hesitate to ask questions. And if you do receive something unsatisfactory, you can always contact the seller/ebay/amazon/paypal to work something out, or get your money back.

I'm not into stuff packs that much, and all the ones I had were included with EPs, but HHS is the exception. Whenever I get some extra $$ I plan on getting it again =D
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 3:47 AM
@ FallingAwayFromMe > All the tips the members gave you here about where to look is good. I happen to have Happy Holiday Stuff Pack, it came with my base game The Sims 2 Holiday edition.
I can understand why you may want it, such a wonderful stuff pack to add to your game. I so hope you find it, do not give up things seem to come to a person when they do not give up.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".