Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, just add your userdata location to the scanning exceptions. Most antivirus programs have the ability to customize exactly what is scanned and when.

By userdata, do you mean the The Sims 2 folder in my documents? Or do you mean UserData in the base game program folder?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:46 PM
Well, the problem is with your neighbourhood storytelling folder, so try adding Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 first to see if that solves it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
It's not a new problem, alas. I dumped McAfee many years ago when after an update it suddenly decided that Sims 1 was a virus.

Oh yes you don't want that rubbish. Got to watch when you update Adobe or flash or maybe it's java, but it comes with one of those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well, the problem is with your neighbourhood storytelling folder, so try adding Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 first to see if that solves it.

Okidoki, will do! I was just unsure because the problem didn't seem to be in that folder. But maybe by adding an exception to that folder, the antivirus won't mess it up again.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I can't take pictures anymore. I thought I had reached the neighborhood's "limit" or something, and it wouldn't surprise me if it is because of a limit, I mean, there were 14,601 images in the storytelling folder. There doesn't seem to be a limit of xml-files, I haven't reached it at least because an xml file was still added to the folder when I tried to take a picture in a family with no pictures. But no image. Not even moving over a 1000 images worked. I thought it would help, but it didn't, which is why I'm posting this.

I'm aware of fraps, and I have it, but storytelling is much more convenient inside sims. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to be making stories otherwise...
I had this issue. I just downloaded FRAPS. Works better than the default camera anyways.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM
But Fraps, even if quite known and works great, does not save pictures in your Storytelling folder so you can play with your photo album etc..This is what Pideli was seeking help for.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:02 AM
I think everyone who suggested I should get fraps didn't read my first post properly. :laughing:
Things like this happen a lot on this site for me, reminds me of Timon from the lion king XD
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:09 AM
You aren't the only one to whom it happens, believe me!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:37 PM
I contacted Avast about it and they gave me this solution and it worked. For anyone else who may have this problem.

I see that its the ransomware shield that blocks the access to the sims 2 game. Please refer the below mentioned steps on how to remove the application from the ransomware blocked list.

Open the Avast user interface.
Go to Protection â–¸ Ransomware Shield.
Click Blocked / allowed apps.
Click Block an App or Allow an App, then select an application and click Open.
Page 2 of 2