Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One More Slot Please! (with vertical shifting) [Update 2 Nov 2011]

by granthes Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM by granthes : Updated link to Tipsy OMSP

407 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 192 Feedback Posts, 214 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 17
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM
then ... do not install it in program files/electronicarts/thesims3/mods/packages

now in my documents?

best explained.

I'm Spanish, sorry for my bad English
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juliovalverde
then ... do not install it in program files/electronicarts/thesims3/mods/packages

now in my documents?

best explained.

I'm Spanish, sorry for my bad English

This page explains the best way to install CC in your game

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#53 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:47 PM
OMG ! thanks for all you are a genius but a genius!

How do you do? What programs do you have? is amazing and thanks for the explanation now works perfectly, just what I needed.

Sorry for my bad English I'm Spanish!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Verify that your framework is setup in the Users/Documents/EA Games folder and not in the transgaming folder. CC needs to be in the users documents folder and not program files otherwise it may perform oddly or not at all.

Thank you so much I had noticed my saved games started saving in the transgaming folder but it seemed to work so I never bothered it. But now it works like a charm. Again thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 9:15 PM
This is absolutely wonderful, much nicer than the Sims2 equivalent where there were ten objects with preset heights.

However I've run into a small snag: if I try to place it in a basement then it'll end up jumping to the first floor. The footprint will show up in the basement but the object itself will be on the first floor.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 5:40 PM
Thank you so much! These things work amazingly once you get the hang of them. I was finally able to create houses on stilts!!! I can't wait to finish them and share them with the community. I currently have a house in the upload cue that requires the download of your OMSP. I ALWAYS used these in TS2 and never even realized I needed them in TS3. This object litterally takes the game /to new heights/ :D

For anyone using this directly with landscaping and/or the constrainFloorElevation false cheat, here are a few tips:

•To get the OMSP below the ground to host say a post or other tall decorative item, start with a base point to do all your omsps. Start moving it down with crtl+shift, then move it to a much lower part of the lot, and keep moving it down. Make sure to place your object before movin the OMSP below ground.

•If you have the OMSP already invisible in the ground and you want to move it, no worries!! Take the land transformation tools (pref the smoothen tool) and they will pop to ground level. You do not need to redo the height, just select it, and it will pop back into it's place, and allow you to move it.

•If you change the terrain and the above happens unintentionally, all you need to do is take the hammer/delete tool and delete all the ones effected. Then; undo/ctrl+z and they will be back to normal spot.

•Be aware that the above tricks only work in a single session. If you exit build mode or save the lot, they will be displaced for good and you'll have to reassign heights. Happy Buildings!
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swatme101
Thank you so much! These things work amazingly once you get the hang of them. I was finally able to create houses on stilts!!! I can't wait to finish them and share them with the community. I currently have a house in the upload cue that requires the download of your OMSP. I ALWAYS used these in TS2 and never even realized I needed them in TS3. This object litterally takes the game /to new heights/ :D

For anyone using this directly with landscaping and/or the constrainFloorElevation false cheat, here are a few tips:

•To get the OMSP below the ground to host say a post or other tall decorative item, start with a base point to do all your omsps. Start moving it down with crtl+shift, then move it to a much lower part of the lot, and keep moving it down. Make sure to place your object before movin the OMSP below ground.

•If you have the OMSP already invisible in the ground and you want to move it, no worries!! Take the land transformation tools (pref the smoothen tool) and they will pop to ground level. You do not need to redo the height, just select it, and it will pop back into it's place, and allow you to move it.

•If you change the terrain and the above happens unintentionally, all you need to do is take the hammer/delete tool and delete all the ones effected. Then; undo/ctrl+z and they will be back to normal spot.

•Be aware that the above tricks only work in a single session. If you exit build mode or save the lot, they will be displaced for good and you'll have to reassign heights. Happy Buildings!

Thanks for the tips. Very nice to know.

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Thanks for the tips. Very nice to know.

My house on stilts is currently in the queue. Watch out for it soon!
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 5:23 AM Last edited by peggyswan : 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chinita
I'm able to place it and change heights in buy mode, it'll disappear in live mode, but when I leave the house or exit the game I'm seeing the OMSP in live mode when I return to the house.

I am having this same issue. I've used it on community lots. Worked when I first played. Then saved, quit, restarted, and noticed one was showing in live mode. I went around my world and checked all lots where I've used it, and they're now all showing in live mode.

The only mods I have are: same energy gain for all beds; scribbling pad; box of seeds and this one.

Thanks so much for working on this. The concept is brilliant.

EDIT: did some experimenting. After I resaved the lots, it functioned properly again, even after a restart. So then I changed households, and the problem came back. i.e. can now see it in live mode. So changing households seems to be the problem (at least for me.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 12:47 PM
Thank You!!!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peggyswan
EDIT: did some experimenting. After I resaved the lots, it functioned properly again, even after a restart. So then I changed households, and the problem came back. i.e. can now see it in live mode. So changing households seems to be the problem (at least for me.)

Thank you for your information on this issue. That is one scenario that I didn't test.

I'll look into what may be happening...

Test Subject
#62 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:06 AM
Hello!! I must say I love this OMSP!! Used it throughout my house the other day!! It worked so well for everything I wanted to do. Tried to start up my game today and it crashed on me every time I tried to get into the town view. I spent most of the day taking stuff out and narrowed it down to this file I am so sad because I really want to use it!! Any ideas why it would work, then after the game was saved......it is crashes my game every time I try to play now? If I take it out, my game loads fine, when I put it back in, it crashes

Thanks for your time, I hope there is a solution, I'd really like to keep it in my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 9:09 AM
Good gosh, thanks so much! When I came searching this morning for a omsp I didn't expect to find the do all and end all of omsps lol.

It works perfectly on Steam version of TS3 as well, wasn't sure if it would make a difference but glad to see that it didn't. Once again thank you
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 10:37 PM
Hey Granthes!! Remember me from post #6, 10 and 17 ? Well, I finally got around to concidering Huge Lunatic's suggestion about making sure my game was patched correctly. I also took it a step further and did a clean uninstall and reinstall - so I'm happy to announce that your OMSP REALLY DOES WORK just the way you say it does !! I'm having a good time decorating all sorts of ways now. AND....I have all my CC and hacks installed and I even have Outdour Living Stuff installed - I see no need for an update at this point in time. My game DID NOT crash. You are a genius !! So to all others who are having a problem I would strongly suggest - (Listen to Huge Lunatic, another genius) 1.making sure you are patched correctly, 2. make sure your mods folder is in the correct place. A clean uninstall/reinstall would hurt either bcuz some things have changed reguarding CC and the Mods folder.
I followed this tutorial to help me out:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...S3_Installation
Thanks again for sharing! I'm off to play, now :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#65 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:47 PM
Those of you for whom the menus aren't showing up, that's probably because you still have bits old the old Program Files framework lingering - specifically, the d3dx9_31.dll file(s), which are no longer needed and can bork script mods.

granthes, this is wonderful, I really do love it. I have a suggestion for a future version, although I don't know for sure if it's possible. I often find that I want to place multiple objects on top of the same bit of furniture, so I use multiple OMSPs. However, it's tedious to have to buy every OMSP and keep clicking through the heights until I get it just right, since the Clone interaction doesn't retain the height.
Would it be possible to have a text input to set the height numerically? I'd love to be able to click the existing OMSP, hit Report Height, copy down the height value, then buy a new OMSP and hit "Enter height value" or something and paste the value in - tada, done.
Of course I understand that I have no idea what I'm talking about and this might be impossible, impractical, or too much of a pain in the arse to bother with. I'll certainly keep using this (liberally!) with or without such a feature: consider the above a simple suggestion of something which could make the OMSP even more awesome.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#66 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:51 PM
I love this OMSP. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I seem to have a bit of a bug though. Sometimes, seemingly random, all of the OMSPs I have placed on a piece of furniture, will just "fall" back to the ground level. And then I have to go through manually clicking and setting them back to where they should be. I am patched and I've tested without any other CC installed so I do not believe it's a conflict.

kittens!
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 7:49 PM
Why I can't understand how this is working? Or work it with LN at all? And the latest update?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:38 PM
This is bloody epic :D
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:46 PM
Ummm maybe it's just me, but when I have the omsp in someone else's house and my Sim goes to visit said house, they become visible.
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:00 PM
Mine worked before I installed all three ex packs, now it wont do anything when I ctrl-shift-click on it I really miss using this, I had so much fun with it before. My game is patched up....I let it patch each time I installed the ex packs.......
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 10:39 AM
I really have to thank you for this, it's the best and really easy to use.big thanks for the share.
Instructor
#72 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
I seem to have a bit of a bug though. Sometimes, seemingly random, all of the OMSPs I have placed on a piece of furniture, will just "fall" back to the ground level. And then I have to go through manually clicking and setting them back to where they should be.

Same thing here. Once because I used the "flatten lot" lot so that was my fault, but then I reset all the heights (15 omsp on a table!), and didn't do anything to the terrain, but I did switch between "buy", "build" and "live" modes so I don't know... I'll keep my eyes open to see when exactly it happens and I'll let you know.

I have to say that apart from that I just love it, specially the fact that you can snap them off grid with alt!

Oh, and I wanted to ask: is there a way to assign them a specified height? I didn't seem to see it in the menu but maybe I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 2:41 PM
I-love-you-thank-you-very-much!

Now that this is stated, I wish you to have a pleasant day and pat yourself on the shoulder, because i can't do it.
Awesome job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:18 PM
Wow thank you so much! This has made my day!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#75 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:16 AM
This is truly amazing!
Page 3 of 17