Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:43 AM
Default help with bridges
I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I need help. I was testing my world, then I put my sim to cross the bridge, but in the middle of it, he get out of the car and walk the rest of the bridge.

check the video of my problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0FRCMvq7g
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:03 PM
Do you have any sim non-routing paint under the bridge, by any chance?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:27 PM
yes, there is a sim non-routing.
is that the problem?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:42 PM
It didn't used to be a problem, but a few versions ago it began to completely break bridges. I was dismayed when all 10 bridges in my custom world stopped working, but removing the non routing paint beneath them fixed it.

Give it a try, see if it works for you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:44 PM
ok I'll try as soon as I can
thakns
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:58 PM
I tried to take the route out, but it didn't help

is there another way?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:35 AM
Just to check, you rebuilt the routing data after removing the non-route paint?

Could you show an image of the routing data for that bridge? Maybe I'll be able to see something. You might have to show several pictures, as it's the route spline of the bridge I'm interested in (the coloured line that shows the path vehicles/ sims take). If it's hidden under the water or otherwise broken it could cause the traffic to not route correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM Last edited by leo0274 : 6th Nov 2011 at 2:12 AM.
well, I didn't understand what you meant,(I'm Brazilian)
Could you try to explain that for me?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:54 AM
Hey Leo, don't worry, your English is very good, it is me that is not good at explaining things! Here are some pictures:

Make sure your road is connected to the bridge at both ends. I can't see clearly from your images, but it should look like this:

The square is light blue.

It should not look like this:

The square is dark blue.

Also I need to see the route spline of your bridge, which looks like a green (or perhaps blue) line like this:

It needs to be a fairly straight line, like mine, and should not go beneath the ground (although it usually works if it is below the water).

In your third picture it looks as though the route spline goes sharply down, so it may be that it is dipping beneath the ground under the river and preventing the taxi from driving across.

If you show the world in wireframe view, you can often see this more clearly.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:29 PM Last edited by leo0274 : 6th Nov 2011 at 2:44 PM.
well, in my third pic, that line is not continuous, but when I get closer it is a continuous line.
I'll try to fix the problem and try again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:53 PM
thanks for everything,

the problem is solved

thank you very much
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:08 PM
Oh, well done Leo! Glad you fixed it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 4:24 AM
Thanks!! I was having this exact problem with the same bridge. All solved now, and my sim is happily taxi-ing everywhere he should again.

A related question, though: I noticed when I took a closer look at other bridges I've placed and their routing that sometimes I have more than just that center routing line going down under the bridges. Some of them also have a line of the regular routing of the connecting road running down to intersect a point on the bridge's routing line. I just tested and the sim seems to do fine on those bridges anyway, and doesn't seem to want to route strangely, but is there any reason why this would happen? Should I even be concerned?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:47 AM
Could you show a screenshot please, SIMplistigal?
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 7:30 PM
Here it is. I circled the two points that a routing line comes down from, as well as another point that seems to be oddly out of place. I have a couple other bridges that are similar to this in this world.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:04 PM
That's fine, that's the pedestrian routing bit. The coloured lines seem to indicate the vehicular paths whereas the white are routes for sims and animals. As the bridge has a footpath, that should be expected (although it depends upon the bridge and its location).

The little node point (small white circle) seems to be undesirable though, so you might want to try editing the no-route paint to eliminate that. Apparently sims will try to access that point and then get stuck, in some cases.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439329
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:01 AM
ok, that's kinda what I thought, but it's nice to bounce it off someone who knows a bit more than me. Thanks!