Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Lahore Museum + 83 world famous paintings

by smithycpl Posted 6th May 2006 at 10:41 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2007 at 8:45 PM by smithycpl : changed 1 pic in the uppost

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 7th May 2006 at 8:48 AM
So... who made the paintings?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th May 2006 at 8:55 AM
Beautiful building, I love it.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th May 2006 at 9:03 AM
I love the idea, and you have done soooo much work!!! I love it! Oh I want to download it but I don't want my game to slow down with so much custom content!! Oh well I'll just dream
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th May 2006 at 1:21 PM
Bravo! Excellent work, thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2006 at 6:10 PM Last edited by smithycpl : 7th May 2006 at 7:58 PM.
Thank you all for the nice comments, enjoy the museum!
Small note: the paintings are best to be viewed with the "no objects hiding" on you can change that in the options ingame.

Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
So... who made the paintings?

Read the readme file inside the rar for that, its big and contains many info on the painters.

Da Vinci, Rubbens, Van Gogh, Van Eyck, Mondrian, Monet, Rembrandt, Manet, Breughel and Toulouse-Lautrec.

If you mean where to find it in the museum, i will add a floorplan with the letters on it that i used in front of the name of the artists in the readme.
If that is what you mean.
I shall add it in the rar-file and upload it, so check back for it later this day.

And here it is:

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=290367&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=290368&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=290369&stc=1

Quote: Originally posted by xstreetxsexiiex
Oh I want to download it but I don't want my game to slow down with so much custom content!!

Just download install the package and you also have the paintings to use in your own buildings. You can delete the painters in your download folder, you don't want.
You don't need to place the museum in your neighberhood to have them.

Cheers!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th May 2006 at 7:24 PM
wow this is beautiful! this should be featured.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th May 2006 at 3:43 AM
OH MY this is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for all your hard work and for every detail you put into this museum. I cant wait to go have one of my rich sims buy this and play it. Thank you again!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:19 PM
This is magnificent! I am just in awe what you have done... the detail.... and the time... thank you so much for sharing this and your wonderful talent!!

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th May 2006 at 8:10 PM
*Stands up and starts clapping*

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." - Erica Jong
"To conquer death you only have to die." -Jesus Christ from ALW's Jesus Christ Superstar
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th May 2006 at 8:37 PM Last edited by devoshka : 8th May 2006 at 8:44 PM.
speechless!!!!! there's no words!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!! uh uh uh uh uh thank you!!!!!

have you ever thought of doing the Hermitage
Scholar
#12 Old 8th May 2006 at 9:35 PM
This is so beautiful. What a wonderfully creative idea!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th May 2006 at 12:08 AM Last edited by smithycpl : 12th May 2006 at 10:03 PM.
Thank you all, for the great replies on this Museum. (i'm deeply touched by all of them)

I also want to thank the moderators here on the MTS-site especialy; LyricLee and Numenor for granting me some of there time in pointing me towards a good spot to upload the Museum and the leadpost.

Also thank you to others who gave response before in the "Creator Feedback" room. When i first uploaded it there i was a bit concerned but the responses relieved me from that.

On a SideNote: The building part was and will always be my favourite part in both sims games, but since sims 2 came out, i could realy make them the way i wanted and liked.
Most of my creations where loss't in a hd-crash (old age) about 4 months ago.
I wished i would have shared back then, so everytime now i create a building for my game, you will find it here also.

Again, Thank you for the great replies, and i hope the rar with the tourguide will be approaved soon.

Cheers!
smithycpl

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Forum Resident
#14 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:04 AM
Very beautiful museum. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:22 AM
Great effort, i like the concept very much.
I would like to offer critical feedback, so let me know if u want it

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Any lot building requests are considered, just pm me:)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by losonogo
Great effort, i like the concept very much.
I would like to offer critical feedback, so let me know if u want it

Always welcome m8, i know i can learn from them!

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th May 2006 at 2:38 PM
Are the paintings also OFB only? I don't have OFB, but I'd like the paintings.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th May 2006 at 2:53 PM
This is beautiful!
I love the whole idea and can't wait to see those great paintings.
Thanks for your hard work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffyemu
Are the paintings also OFB only? I don't have OFB, but I'd like the paintings.

No, not for all, but for some maybe, they are recolours for maxis paintings, and most of them will show up in your game.

Install, but not include the lot only the painting recolours, i guess that will work for you.
Maybe i'll upload them in the future also in the object recolours section.

smithycpl

Mark Twain
#20 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:22 PM
hi
you have done a fantactic work in apreciate that it really looks like the real Lahore Museum.Thanks for making all the things in this museum
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:23 PM
Wooooooooooooo amazing :O <3
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th May 2006 at 4:22 PM
This is a stunning achievement. Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 9th May 2006 at 4:45 PM
This is absolutely stunning. So cool, thx alot!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th May 2006 at 12:46 AM
stunning,awesome,brilliant,and grand love it thanx for sharing

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th May 2006 at 1:39 AM
what a wonderful idea!
i love it, unfortunatley i don't have those expansion packs yet.
oh well, this is just another motivation to go out & get them.
Page 1 of 3