Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Starbucks Coffee Shop Menu Board

by zeroth Posted 25th Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2007 at 6:06 PM by zeroth

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 2:22 AM
This will make a perfect "finishing touch" for my coffee shops. Thanks a billion!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 2:59 AM
wow you're starbucks is more expensive than mine! this is very cool.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:42 AM
It would be silly of them to object. This is free advertising. Although you never know with lawyers
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:08 AM
cool! very nice

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandaPanda1988
wow you're starbucks is more expensive than mine! this is very cool.

Sorry, I forgot to mention - all prices in Canadian dollars! :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 7:00 PM
That is a nice object -i've been looking for a good cafe sign board.

And not to freak you out or anything, but sometimes companies still get mad. : / Back in the days of TS1, i can't remember the name of the site, but he made (entirely FREE) sims of a lot of the Marvel and DC comic book heroes. He was sent a letter telling him to "surrender all profits" and take down the stuff. He ended up leaving the community over it, which was horrible, bc he made great stuff. let's hope starbucks DOES realize this is free advertising for them.

Well I never claimed to understand what happens after dark
But my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of touching you...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:08 PM
Marvel and DC are especially touchy. Didn't they sue the makers of that City of Heroes game? It was pretty stupid IMO, it only made the fans mad and turned them against them. Maybe the marketing people should hit the lawyers over the head with a frying pan. That kind of publicity is priceless, as well as free. You want people excited over your products, to generate buzz.

Unfortunately some companies don't think that way. They want you to purchase their products, but only on their terms little the good little sheep you are.

It's the kind of "in the box" mentality that would sue you for using the word kleenex instead of tissue, oblivious to how priceless the value of being a household name is.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:23 PM
They are perfect! Thank you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:47 AM
Good Job on your Board . I actually did a whole Starbuck set here awhile ago and they took it down right away . They said Starbuck wouldn't allow it. .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:06 PM
Wow! This is incredibly realistic, and they look just like the ones at my local Starbucks! Fabulous job - I know how hard it can be to make, having tried and failed. Looking forward to more SB stuff from you.

Check out my journal for helpful tips for creating Buy & Build Mode stuff for TS2!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:16 PM
That looks really nice! o.o Good job~

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:13 PM
More starbucks item. Yay! Good work on the menu. It looks realistic.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:50 AM
I'll have the Carmel Frappuccino please....*so jealous of my sims right now*

Quote:
it's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you

~*Cheyenne*~
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 8:10 PM
perfectness!!! thanks :D

~filipino 4 life~
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:41 AM
This looks so amazing! I'm a barista at Starbucks, so I am super excited that I can create my store in my Sims game - woo hoo!!

The only problem I'm having is that for some reason I can't seem to download the mesh - I've found the site, even see where I'm supposed to download it on the page, but it seems like the download link isn't working. Is this happening for anyone else? Any suggestions on where else I could get this mesh - I really really want to use the menu board!!! Thanks so much, can't wait to get my Starbucks going!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 12:57 AM
thanks! this is great!

more of my creations here

Do not recolour my creations without my permission.

Do not upload my sims, or my creations at the Sims 2 Exchange. Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 1:39 PM
I just downloaded this to complete my new coffee shop i built, Thanks, one problem, i downloaded the file from retailsims and this recolor, but i can't find it in my game, do you think i forgot something?
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:07 AM
thankyou
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:50 PM
I have a question, since there is a mesh needed, from that menu board from retail sims, does that mean that this is a recolor? Cause I can't find the starbucks menu board on the game, even when I highlight the ice cream menu board, help.....
(P.S. I already included the objects in the downloads folder, but can't seem to locate it)
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:44 AM
I downloaded both the mesh and the starbucks board but I can't find it in-game either. Where is it located? Is it a copy of a certain picture? Is it in miscellaneous? I just can't find it...please help!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:11 AM
Hey guys, I had the exact same issue, but I found it! It's under sculptures! Hope that helps! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:12 PM
Thnx^^