Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

In memory of Syra: my own German Shepherd

by LauSim Posted 8th Apr 2007 at 10:21 PM - Updated 9th Apr 2007 at 4:33 PM by LauSim

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 7:45 PM
She is so cute, thanks for sharing her! I love this breed of dogs, we had one when I was younger.

Shawnee
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 8:20 PM
My gosh, thank you for making this. my German Shepard, nick, died just last August. He was 14 and I'd grown up with him (I was 19 when I watched the vet put him down).

It hurts to remember much I loved him, but I still do anyway. Thank you for making a good German Shepard.

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 11:20 PM
She's pretty. Thank you for sharing her LauSim.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 12:54 AM
What a gorgeous representation. And an excellent tribute to both the breed and your friend. I lost my childhood dog several years ago, but still think about him every day and miss him. I hope time eases your pain as it has mine. Thank you for sharing Syra (great name, by the way) with us!

Always,
Emma
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 1:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your pet. Losing a loved pet is hard, I grew up with a dog and was devistated when he died. Working as a kennel care worker at my local vet hospital I not only take care of other people's animals. I know what it's like to bond with an animal, even for a day. Time will ease your pain. Thanks for sharing you beloved pet with us.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 2:06 AM
I also grew up with a dog. My parents had her before me, and she passed away when I was 10 years old. Although that was 4 years ago, I'll still always remember her, and all the good times we had. We now have 3 dogs, and I try to create memories and, to my best ability, enjoy the times I spend with them as much as possible. Whether you get another animal(s), I'm fairly certain you'll always remember Syra, and in essence, letting his spirit live forever.

BTW-Amazing job on the dog! He looks very cute
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 8:35 AM
Aww she's really cute! She is the perfect German Shepherd I always wanted for my sim!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:01 PM
I think your coloring is MUCH closer to reality than the Maxis coloring. I've tried to reproduce a more realistic coloring for this breed myself and given up. Very good job.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 7:44 PM
she's a really beutiful dog, sorry about her
Alchemist
#11 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
Your dog is so realistic. Sorry about your dog being passed away.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Instructor
#12 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:22 AM
Wow, such a cute looking dog! Thankyou for sharing.

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 5:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your Syra. She looks just like my Sissy, who passed away last June at 12. I miss her so much, and I know this must be so hard for you, too. Great job on the Sim-Syra!
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:11 AM
This is a much better German Shepherd, and it reminds me of my one i had when i was younger . also sorry about your dog)
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 12:17 PM
Thank you ! I love German Shepherds.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd May 2007 at 9:00 PM
Very, very nice German Shepherd. The one Maxis made just doesn't look right.

And I am very, very sorry to hear about your dog. I don't know either of you, but I know how it feels to have to suffer the loss of a dear and beloved pet. My condolences.

Thanks again, and great work. Hope you'll get over it at some point.

Don't hate me for my negative personality... It's in the blood.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th May 2007 at 5:22 PM
Absolutely Beautiful Alsatian.
My Nana used to have one, yellow and black coloured, but it bit my mums hand and it got put down after only 4 days in the house.
When my mum was young also, they used to have a pure black alsatian and a white one.
I love German shepherds they're my favourite dog and that real life german shepherd you have pictured is so beautiful and full of grace. just looks like one up my street which has been here longer than I have. Thankyou for re-crating this beautiful breed.

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th May 2007 at 7:33 PM
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Good job on the dog. Way better than the Maxis one.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:00 PM
wow! nicely done!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 5:10 AM
Hi there. I think you did a really good job on this. I currently have an 11 year old German Shepherd. She's my best bud and my guardian. I completely understand what kind of loss you had. At least you have the memories. They are a brilliant breed.

It takes all kinds of people to make a world!
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:41 PM
its a really nice dog
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:02 PM
Aw...that's so sweet. I love her and I hope your feeling better. It's hard to lose somebody you love.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:56 AM
Aw, I'm really sorry about your dog... She was really pretty.

Thank you for reproducing her for my game! I'll be sure to find a comfortable place for her in my game.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 8:58 PM
thats very sweet! im sure she was a great doggy. Germys usually are!
as cheesy as it sounds, i gave her a good home in my sim game, n she had adorible puppies.

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 6:15 PM
Perfect shepherd! I can't imagine how much time it took for you to get the coloring so true to breed. I was looking for this, and didn't think anyone would be able to nail it. Thank you!

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the leather straps...
Page 1 of 2