Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children Wants Mod

by jordi Posted 29th Apr 2007 at 4:42 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:51 PM by jordi

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
You guys have never been to Utah then. Or my cousins house.

Dad have 9 siblings(one born dead )
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:34 AM
Does this work with Bon Voyage?

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=jordi]Have 10 kids --> lowered to 5. Who in the world (real or virtual) has 10 kids these days?
Have 20 grandchildren --> lowered to 10. I also made it only roll up if the Sim getting the want has at least two children (was one).QUOTE]

I know a guy who knew this guy who knew this guy etc. who wanted 10 children- not all at once but that isnt the point. Also he said when he got older he wanted 20 grandchildren from his 10 kids. He is crazy lolol but still.
Why dont you guys just enter: Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
and Ctrl + Click on the want for the 10 kids & 20 Grandkids and then it will go away! (it will be fufilled [however you spell it ] and never come back) hey presto! you dont need to put things on your computer u may regret! toodles!
oh yah! i dont really like this hack but i salute you for trying to make the sims world a better place!! THANKS ANYWAY -clicks the thanks button-

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 2:07 AM
>>>Who in the world (real or virtual) has 10 kids these days?

Mormons, that's who. Nothing against them, but they're doing everything they can to increase the world's overpopulation. Seriously, here in Utah I've met at least four families with ten or more children, and one family where there were ONE HUNDRED grandchildren--parents had fifteen kids, each of their kids had at least 6--and the parents weren't even in thier 70s yet! I'm not a Mormon, so I can't say with any authority, but I've been told that their prophet said that all Mormon families should have at least six children.
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 12:10 AM
Love the file name :-)
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:26 AM
Great idea! *claps* (Although, I thought it was hilarious when my self-sim decided she wanted 10 kids!!!)
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 9:24 AM
hmm ... does this work in Bon Voyage? Somehow it doesn't in my game
The only hack affecting pregnancy I have in my game is the trip&quads hack. It should work on already existing Sims right? I tried it on Pollination and Jenny (I let their wants reroll first).
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 3:55 PM
Doesn't work for me either. Thanks tho.

Smiles,
Myra
Scholar
#59 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 4:45 AM
Ugh, I made the mistake of creating a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie couple both with the family aspiration personality. Yeah, just like the real ones and mine want kids all the time. But they ignore the heck out of Shiloh so I actually had to have Jennifer Aniston take her in. I'm planning on installing BV and Teen Stuff and whatever else that they release and work the bugs out of, so I was wondering if this hack was going to be updated for the more recent EP's.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 12:50 PM
lol... my mom wanted to have 10 kids, but she only made it to 7. I know many families with more than 5 kids, but not too many with more than that. My mom's best friend has 12 kids and quite happy about it. No twins, even.

No.. we're not Mormon.. and no, Mormons are not the only people who still aren't convinced that the world is overpopulated.

(We're from Canada, if it makes a difference. Sorry, but it's a little harder to convince me the world is overpopulated.. if I go out my front door I can only see three houses )

Anyway, in game terms, this might be a very useful mod.. playing families that big in the game doesn't work particularly well.. for goodness sake, you need like 4 bathrooms to run an 8-person family o.O
I have 6 siblings and we've never lived in a house with more than 1 bathroom.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:34 PM
An update from my crazy family - they eventually got their ten kids. Six daughters and four sons. The eldest daughter has graduated college and moved out with her fiance (former college housemate), the twin teen boys are about to move to college, then teen daughter, newly-teen son, two child daughters (different ages, one just grown), a toddler daughter, and male/female twin babies. It was madness after the eldest graduated - I wanted to move the whole family to a new neighbourhood, so I installed a hack to expand the family limit and moved her, her fiance, and her fiance's brother, all back into the house with her parents, nine sibs, and their cat! The household will be so much easier when the twins go to college.

To make this relevant, I'm hoping this mod will work in my game now. Getting ten kids for my elf couple was fun, but... never again. They both now have the Grandkids want, and while that's only two kids per child, I just doubt my neighbourhood could cope.

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:37 AM
10 kids? How bout 17? Being the Duggar family, in Arkansas. Leave your Arkie jokes at the door, I just want to inform you.
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 6:43 PM
Default Amen!
Quote: Originally posted by diegoamerezrocks
10 kids? How bout 17? Being the Duggar family, in Arkansas. Leave your Arkie jokes at the door, I just want to inform you.

A lot of families nowadays have ten or more kids, especially, but not limited to religious families of many faiths. (I've created a Chabad rabbi for my game, so it would be totally realistic for a family in that social group to have 12 or 14 kids.) I had friends in high school (in the 1980s) who came from "Brady Bunch"-style families that were approaching ten kids between the combined families.

John Burb is now raising his eighth child in my game (one from his first marriage and six who survived in the second marriage - I murdered one on purpose because he was a delinquent and I got tired of him bringing everyone else's aspiration points down). It's not that hard if you know how to use the Elixir of Life and marry them off periodically. John and Cassandra Burb's family is my favorite in the neighborhood.

Incidentally, I'm number five of six and my mother (z''l) was number nine of thirteen.
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 12:18 PM
Lol...i can't even manage one kid...
"okay son you are going to find a wife and give me 20 grand children!"
Test Subject
#65 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:56 PM
Guess this won't work if I don't have celebrations. = (
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th May 2010 at 8:53 PM
Thank you, jordi!! Now if only someone would create a mod to lower the LTWs "have 50 first dates" and "have 50 dream dates," my life would be complete (or at least my sims' lives would be).
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spirit Fox
If you could lower it to want 5 children/grandchildren then, I would be extremly happy. Theres no way in heck that I could get 10 kids unless I use the quadruplet hack two times. -_-

There's a quadruplet hack?? :O
Test Subject
#68 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:13 AM
Default OMG i know!
Quote: Originally posted by Bastian
Yes, THANK YOU. Dear god, thank you. Seriously, who wants 10 kids?! I couldn't even imagine it.

who do they think they are the Duggar family (19 kids and counting) but one of my families had 12 kids and each kid had at least 3 of their won and the most was 13 XD
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
I am the oldest of ten grandchildren its going to be an 11th this Spring.

true love is sim love.

twitter - sequoiaaaa_
tumblr - thefavoritelove
Field Researcher
#70 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:43 PM
I have downloaded this mod and placed it in my "downloads" folder, however my Sims still roll the want for 10 children and 20 grandchildren all the time!

I checked the text, it clearly says 10 and 20. Also one of my Sims had six children and the want still didn't get fulfilled or roll away.

I'm not aware of having any hacks that conflict with this
Mad Poster
#71 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 12:28 AM
That sounds like a fantastic hack. I'm looking for a different kind, however... it's sort of my 'holy grail' - is there a way to make a hack that suppresses cure-wants for the paranormal? I think it's very rude for a non-paranormal sim to be so obsessed, wanting people he or she knows to be cured - it's their business, and if it makes them happy, why should it be such a tragedy for the mundane? I'd really like one that would make sims more respectful of their friends and family members who are different, so cure-wants won't clog their want slots so much.

Or is there a way to automatically mark certain fears and wants as 'read' so they won't show up? I'd love to make a magic town where most of the people are indifferent toward magical sims. If you don't take requests, that's okay... I've just been combing the net for something to curb that bigotry spam I'm seeing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:59 AM
Thank Youuuuuuu
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julmoo
I have downloaded this mod and placed it in my "downloads" folder, however my Sims still roll the want for 10 children and 20 grandchildren all the time!

I checked the text, it clearly says 10 and 20. Also one of my Sims had six children and the want still didn't get fulfilled or roll away.

I'm not aware of having any hacks that conflict with this

It doesn't work for me either. I have all SP's and EP's.
Can this be working then?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:34 PM
I know this is beyond old, but I found it funny because just the other day I found out my great aunt has almost 20 grandkids, and she has a lot of kids herself. The family wants suit her very well!
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Sep 2023 at 7:11 AM
Is this a mod that completely increases children's desires or wants?
Page 3 of 3