Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wal-Mart Supercenter

by Architect Of The Future Posted 25th May 2007 at 9:41 PM - Updated 5th Oct 2008 at 5:57 PM by Architect Of The Future

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th May 2007 at 8:08 AM
Wow i love the look of the outside, and the inside is delightfully wal-mart!

natasqui

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th May 2007 at 8:28 AM
nice walls. i'm a cashier at walmart. now i can have it in the game too.
Instructor
#4 Old 27th May 2007 at 8:29 AM
Very nice... Though it's probably on too big a lot for me to use...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Instructor
#5 Old 27th May 2007 at 11:32 AM
Well done 3855135. Although we don't have Walmarts down here, this is just how I pictured them. Fantastic.

Retired...

kind of.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:40 PM
you did a great job on the exterior

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th May 2007 at 9:00 PM
Ah Wally*World....yes, I shop there all the time. Nowhere else around where one can get a $29 DVD player. Oh and I didn't keep calling the payphone...no sir-eee *innocent look*....anyhow, my Sims will love it too, I'm sure.

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:30 PM
"Mini" Wal-Mart? Isn't that an oxymoron? DOes that mean that all the revenue in the Neighborhood will now be sucked out of the Sims 2 community and sent to Bentonville? Guess those OFB enterprises won't be open for long, if Sims is any reflection of the real world...*sigh*
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:42 PM
On a related subject: has it occurred to the creators of this type of content that they are essentially providing *FREE* advertising for these huge, multi-billion dollar korporations?

Properly handled, I would think that this type of content could represent a MAJOR source of potential revenue for someone. After all they pay Hollywood film studios MEGABUCKS for "product placement."

Isn't that what this is - "product placement?" I thought this very concept about a while back, but unfortunately, I'm not talented enough to create in-game content

Something to think about...
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:47 PM
But thanks anyway. I have a feeling this neat lot is going to find its way into a documentary film
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th May 2007 at 12:48 AM
Cool, I made one 2, but this one is alot better than mine,mine will be replaced..lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:30 AM
Very Nice. Thankyou very much.

For crying out loud. I've giving up. Every image hosting site i try doesn't work. you wanna see my banner then follow the damn link cos I've given up.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th May 2007 at 4:11 PM
Haha that's so cool. Love it.

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Instructor
#14 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marty Scorsese
On a related subject: has it occurred to the creators of this type of content that they are essentially providing *FREE* advertising for these huge, multi-billion dollar korporations?

Properly handled, I would think that this type of content could represent a MAJOR source of potential revenue for someone. After all they pay Hollywood film studios MEGABUCKS for "product placement."

Isn't that what this is - "product placement?" I thought this very concept about a while back, but unfortunately, I'm not talented enough to create in-game content

Something to think about...

Who cares! Why not make the content if we want/need it. Also I hardly think the advertising works, eg. If I saw a KFC building that has been uploaded I wouldn't go to a KFC restaurant, I would want to play with the restaurant on the Sims.

There's one thing I don't understand. "The Starbucks Saga". Like what you said Marty Scorsese, why wouldn't they want their name/logo/shops to be seen by this large community. I surely would. Well, I think I'm done. Again well doen on the shop.

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th May 2007 at 6:09 PM
This is really good i'm gonna download in a little bit
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th May 2007 at 8:08 PM
Default Who cares? Some do...
Quote: Originally posted by CrowsMan
Who cares! Why not make the content if we want/need it. Also I hardly think the advertising works, eg. If I saw a KFC building that has been uploaded I wouldn't go to a KFC restaurant, I would want to play with the restaurant on the Sims.

There's one thing I don't understand. "The Starbucks Saga". Like what you said Marty Scorsese, why wouldn't they want their name/logo/shops to be seen by this large community. I surely would. Well, I think I'm done. Again well doen on the shop.

I suspect anything I had to say about the private korporate takeover of every aspect of life in the U.S. and now across the globe would fall on deaf ears and probably get my posting removed.

That said, I hope that this type of content will be used extensively by machinema filmmakers who will make hard-hitting documentaries on this very subject, even if that wasn't the original purpose of making this content.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th May 2007 at 10:13 PM
when ur comp. is back from shop would u be able to finish the inside? cuz u are way better ar that stuff than i am!plz!

Thank You!

P.s: good job on it!

hello? hello? is anybody downloading this? hello? watever! bye!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st May 2007 at 3:56 AM
I dont know how long that will be.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:48 PM
well could u p.m me when u have it back? because it would be really great to have the inside done. or if i have time maybe i could do it. if it comes out sucessful, would i be able to upload it saying that i just finished the inside but the building and everything else is done by you?

hello? hello? is anybody downloading this? hello? watever! bye!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 5:20 PM
sure I like that.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:51 AM
Wal*Mart doesn't have mini marts but they do have "Neighborhood Markets" which are just the grocery part with very limited health and beauty aids sections. Their color is green.

And lets not get into all that ultra-pc crap arguing about uploads advocating certain ideas,stores,countries,locations,religious groups,machima maker, etc etc etc please... cuz if we stuck to idealistic groovy pseudo-intellectual guns here at MTS2, there'd be no downloads whatsoever! :-p
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 8:06 AM
I love all of the paints/signs that you've made for your community lots. I use and love your Starbucks, IHOP-paint/sign, etc. The text always perfectly matches the official logos. ^_^

I was wondering if you might make a paint/sign for The Gap clothing store? There was a lighted Gap sign on MTS2 but the person who posted it removed the thread and I can't seem to find any other versions here or anywhere else. I thought I'd mention it to you, since you make my favorite company logo signs. I have a half finished Gap store in my game with no sign and it's a bit pathetic looking.

Anyway, thank you for your submissions. I truly appreciate your work.
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:55 PM
I think you did a wonderful job on this. I am an devout Wal-Mart shopper and I would have to say that Wal-Mart would be honored to have their "store" in a game that they sell. I'm from Arkansas and I think that the late Sam Walton would think it cool to see his dream played out in a game. I can't wait to get this in my game and start sending my little simmies to Wally World to do their shopping. I also will be checking your other uploads and see what other goodies I can put into my game. Again thanks very much.
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 9:32 AM
This looks just like that new wal-mart built by your house. All your downloads should be featured.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 1:47 AM
NO NO NO NO NO! the walmart will kill my sims' business. haha. thanks

Page 1 of 2