Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4-keyholder and gender choice door patch

by Inge Jones Posted 9th Jul 2007 at 3:34 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 1:10 PM by Inge Jones

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 3:55 PM
A much need mod Inge. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 3:56 PM
Awesome job Inge! Thanks for this, it's really cool, and well thinking! Keep up the nice work.
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 4:07 PM
Really useful, Inge, it's nice that you had the time for thinking to and making this mod. Thanks for sharing and ciao.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 4:31 PM
Cool! Thanks for making this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 4:55 PM
Inge, have I ever told you you are a GENIUS? Just a couple of days ago I was going to build a new house, and I wanted to be able to lock the master bedroom door for both parents to use, and I was thinking "only Inge would be able to make a hack for this"... telepathy?
:D

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:08 PM
Don't forget guys, this is "in testing" and that means I would love someone to come back after trying it out and say "yes it works" (or no it broke my game or whatever!)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 6:55 PM
Yes it works! I removed your gender hack first, you didn't mention it but it seemed logic to me.
(I have all EPs)

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 7:04 PM
Thanks Alex, I have now added that instruction to the first post.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#10 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:19 PM
Am I right in Saying that This Mod allows all doors in the game lockable?
and It gives pie menus to say whick one? Thats how I got it!!
D/Ling it annyway, Hope I got the D/l right!
XD
Thanks Inge!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:29 PM
Yes it's a bit like using my 4-key doors except you're not limited to the handful of doors I made Just use the pie menu to give out the keys, the the normal Maxis "Lock..." pie menu is still available too.

Theorist
#12 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:30 PM
*Come Back from Testing*
IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DON'T HAVE SEASONS
But I din't have pets... >.>
I put the file into my D/Ls folder in the bacegamestarter pro TS2 OFB file.
Loaded up 'Start Up2 OFB' and It wouldn't let me Load up.
What happed was it got to 'Dis grunting Employees' and Then It shut itself Back down.

Hope that Helps!!

-PETCHY14

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:35 PM
Thanks for the report. Are you saying you do have Seasons but you do not have Pets? It's not usual for a behaviour mod alone to shut down the game at that stage tbh, usually that is the prerogative of a dodgy new object with a missing mesh or something

Was this the only new download you had put into your game since last time you played?

Oh - what is the "bacegamestarter pro TS2 OFB file" ?

Theorist
#14 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Thanks for the report. ?
No Thank you!

Are you saying you do have Seasons but you do not have Pets?
Yes, I have No Pets.
It's not usual for a behaviour mod alone to shut down the game at that stage tbh, usually that is the prerogative of a dodgy new object with a missing mesh or something?
This is The Only object I have in the Downloads folder. Its DEFINATLY this file as I took it out and It worked PERFECTLY. (So well I made a nice CAS! screen for myself )

Was this the only new download you had put into your game since last time you played??
The last time I played OFB only I ahve the Enable colour options by Numenor, I took it out to Test this Mod

Oh - what is the "bacegamestarter pro TS2 OFB file" ?
Its thw Folder where all the OFB stuff is In It was made by The bacegamestarter Pro.

Hope that Helped too!

PETCHY14

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:48 PM
Seeing as the crash during loading is usually a scenegraph problem, I'd advise leaving in the CEP. IN fact it might be better to leave your downloads folder in altogether, just taking out any other global hacks relating to doors and access.

Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:53 PM
Actually I am pretty confused by what you're doing in your game altogether now. The patch won't work unless you are *playing* the Seasons (or maybe Pets) game. If you're playing OFB via basegamestarter and trying to use a seasons patch it is bound to go horribly wrong.

Theorist
#17 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 10:00 PM
Actually I am pretty confused by what you're doing in your game altogether now. The patch won't work unless you are *playing* the Seasons (or maybe Pets) game. If you're playing OFB via basegamestarter and trying to use a seasons patch it is bound to go horribly wrong.

Yea, I wanted to see if this Hack worked without seasons or Pets.

I used Seasons to make this patch, but it will probably work from Pets upwards. If anyone is willing to test it in a pets-only game (and please use a test hood) I will be very interested to hear if it works

Through My testing I found that I WON'T work with annygame OLDER than TS2 pets.
Thats all I was doing!

I'm going to check out if it works with H&M soon, but it's Tecnically before Pets but annyho

PETCHY14 on the case...

PETCHY14

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM
Oh! Sorry I knew it wouldn't work *before* Pets because I am using a BHAV call that was only available with Pets and Seasons. I thought it might work with Pets alone for people who don't have Seasons, that's all I wanted to know, then I can tick Pets in the box.

Theorist
#19 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 10:05 PM
Oh! Sorry I knew it wouldn't work *before* Pets because I am using a BHAV call that was only available with Pets and Seasons. I thought it might work with Pets alone for people who don't have Seasons, that's all I wanted to know, then I can tick Pets in the box.

Ohhh... Sorry!
Oh well!
Thanks for the Mod!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
Thank You for another great mod from you. This is a blessing to be able to play the game this way now.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:38 AM
Oh my goodness Inge. I tried to make those options available on my custom doors and failed miserably. Thank you SOOOO much for doing this. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 4:50 AM
This is incredible..thank you so much for this.
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 10:02 PM Last edited by tylersada : 10th Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: correct spelling
This is perfect. I love yah. I have some of Macarossi's color blind doors that are so beautiful but were pre-lock. This is perfect for the homes I have these installed in. Thank you, Thank you.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 11:02 AM
No one having a problem with this so far? Has anyone played a business lot since installing this patch, and found the business locking options still work properly?

Has anyone used this patch successfully WITH Pets but WITHOUT Seasons?

Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much! This is one thing I really, really wanted for my game!

Being too bright has never been a problem for me ;)
Page 1 of 5