Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Match skin - all ages and genders - 4 tones

by oepu Posted 20th Aug 2007 at 7:00 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2008 at 10:46 AM by oepu

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:06 PM
it looks nice but I don't really understand the differences between the original skins and yours...
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:10 PM
Lips, nose, and eyes look different to me, just looking at the preview images.

Thanks, this is great. I like having non-shiny skins for my Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:18 PM
I love these touches you have added on maxis skintones. The lips are just great, thank you.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:20 PM
Women's breasts are different as well.

These are awesome by the way. Is there any chance of a default version?

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:22 PM
Agreed about the chances an the breasts very nice for photo's In any case is this a barbie version or are the changes made... Do those make it a non barbie version?
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:23 PM
These have details that the Maxis ones do not.

Melissa
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:37 PM
These look wonderful! I'm not really a fan of the Maxis skintones because I don't think there are enough details on the faces but yours thankfully have them ;-) Great job and thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:41 PM
Wow, im not really a fan of Maxis-like skins either
but i really like these
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:08 PM
OMG, they're awesome. My favorite set of skintones, I just love them. Thank you so much! And I'd love to see default ones
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:20 PM
Thank you so much! They look very realistic and you can clearly see the difference between them and the defaults Maxis put in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:31 PM
The skin is for those people who like the Maxis Skins, but want prettier noses, lips and so on. It's not shiny or glossy and I've tried to make them very close to the originals, but a little bit more attractive. It has no intimate details, because Maxis skins don't have too. I haven't changed so many things on the body, because I didn't no how far I can go without making it to realistic.

I can do a default version, but this will take some time (because I'm holiday next 3 weeks). But everybody is welcome to do this.

Here some comparison pictures of the texture. Look at the ears, teeth, mouth, eyes, nose, breasts, collar bone, bottom.

Face Adult female

Face Elder male

Body Adult female

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:48 PM
Normally I don't like maxis-like skintones, but something about these is just sooo appealing! Defaults... anyone? Please?

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:51 PM
oo yes! i whould loooooove to see defaults!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:57 PM
Ooooh. I like these! As some of you may know, I really really prefer Maxis-like stuff.
I like the original Maxis skintones, but I like yours as well. Especially the mouth, the eyes, the teeth and the womans breasts. The only thing I don't really like are the ears and the nose.

But all together you did a good job, 'cause I'm not eager to please if it's about a skintone.

Edit: Oh and I also lóve the collarbones. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:50 PM
another great set of skintones!! I just wish there were non-barbie versions too...ah well. Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:56 PM
I love these! I would definitely try them if they were defaults. I don't use any other custom skin tones.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 12:36 AM
Wonderful!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 3:37 AM
thank you for this, the shiney skintones are overwhelming and far from realistic we need more of these

~Ashley~

"Whatever female-based, emotion-driven dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But right now, we need to break this down into male-based, fact-driven logic." Jackson Rippner Red Eye
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 7:43 AM
These look very nice, not at all flat and drab like the original. Love the shine-lessness.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Alchemist
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 8:18 AM
Very well done, they look much better and still natural enough, thanks and have a nice holiday!
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 9:00 AM
It's been a long time since I used the maxis skins, so I had almost forgotten how hidious the lips are on those.
I absolutely love your teeth.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 9:00 AM
Great idea, thanks so much that`s wonderful!
Hugs, Ann.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 9:53 AM
These are great! I don't like the Maxis ones, but I don't like super realistic ones. Thanks for coming up with something in bewtween!!! Defaults anyone

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Instructor
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:21 AM
Great skintone! Thanks for sharing it.
Page 1 of 3