Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Layerable Tiles/Backsplashes for Every Wall in 19 Colours

by ganguro Posted 12th Mar 2008 at 11:30 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2011 at 12:20 AM by ganguro

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 1:23 PM
That is insanely useful! How did I manage without these?

Sheer wonder, baby.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 1:46 PM
These are so pretty! Finally, those extra details that my kitchens were missing are here!

Life is waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:00 PM
This is absolutely ingenious! I have been wanting a way to make a back splash in my kitchen for ages. This is definitely useful and I'll thank you by sacrificing a chocolate chip cookie right away.

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:32 PM
This will make more interesting the walls thing when building and decorating, thank you veeeery much!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 4:02 PM
What a nice thing have you done! Thanks for so useful idea.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 4:44 PM
i'm glad that you like them!!! thanks for all your nice comments!!!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:00 PM
I always build open plan houses and have the hardest time deciding what wall to use that will look good in both the kitchen and family/living room. This is a great "eureka" concept. I'll try them out immediately! Thanks so much!! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:45 PM
It took me a second to figure out what exactly these were, but once I did, omg! What a wonderful idea! I have the same problem and always hate settling for something that looks just "okay". Thank you so much for doing this!
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:57 PM
Very clever, thanks !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:53 PM
This sounds ingenious! Could you possible include some in-game photos so I can get a better look and idea, please??
Thanks for sharing
Oh, never mind. My comp took a long time to load this page, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:58 PM
Fantastic! I've been wanting to make splashbacks in my kitcehns, bathrooms and laundries for ages. Thankyou so much.

“We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.” ~Trillian “Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:15 AM
Thank you! Now I can delete at least ten wallpapers and use these instead.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 12:22 PM
you're welcome!!! thanks for leaving comments!!!
Space Pony
#15 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:44 PM
Thank you ever so much for these - so veeery useful !! :lovestruc :D

Silvi
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 7:38 AM
I think you read my mind!
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 8:30 AM
Wow these are great, I've been wanting something similar to this for a while Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 5:44 PM
Thanks! I find it very useful!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 4:01 AM
These look amazing! Terrific idea. However, they're kind of an awkward height, at least that's how it seems to me. If there's any way you could reduce the height by just one tile and possibly post it as a new set, I would be ecstatic. That way it kind of matches the height of the "half tile" walls that are actually in game.

Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paisleyFTW
These look amazing! Terrific idea. However, they're kind of an awkward height, at least that's how it seems to me. If there's any way you could reduce the height by just one tile and possibly post it as a new set, I would be ecstatic. That way it kind of matches the height of the "half tile" walls that are actually in game.

Thanks!

thanks for your comment!
i thought about your idea, but i like the height like it is and think that reducing one tile would be too much. i mean, if i did that, these tiles would be almost the same height as most of the counters and then there would be no need for these layerable tiles at all. at least that's my opinion...
but feel free to reduce the height yourself...
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:44 PM
Fabulous job! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:31 PM
I really like these, I also like to build open plan living rooms/kitchens and was happy to download these to make them more "realistic". (May I also say that I am pleased that even though you made the downloads separate you put them into folders for me, I am lazy and love it when people put things into folders so I don't have to :D)
Not actually evil.
#23 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 12:14 AM
Squee! I can make my grandma's kitchen! Very useful, this download, thank you.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 4:19 PM
SUPERB! Finally, back splashes for kitchens!
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:10 PM
Finally! need these so much, thanks!

Could you possibly update the links to the mesh though? They lead to a 404 page
Page 1 of 2