Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:04 AM
Thanks for the reports for all of you reporting "missing" boxes. This should now be fixed (was an error if only one checkbox out of a multiple select was ticked)

jasonduskey, we chose search terms based on whats popular - if you want to suggest other themes, thats fine too.

CatOfEvilGenius: The search parameters do not appear in the main download search. You first have to drill to the specific section you want to filter, and then you'll see the specific parameters. Can you imagine if the download main page had to show all filters from all forums? It'd be a mess.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
One of my download sets has not been moved from Bedroom to Nursery. How can I change that?

Post the URL of the thread and we'll move it for you.

Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:02 PM Last edited by jonayla : 29th Aug 2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: oops
I'm not sure if this is my fault, but in case it isn't: It returns with an error (which I -obviously- didn't catch) but it will take the avatar anyway. So, nothing is wrong, but it just wants to tell me so. If I remember correctly, it was something, like, "something in the database is too long". I'm sorry I know this is a sucky report.

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:47 PM
Mootilda, thanks for the report - download filtering and searching should work as normal again.

Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:06 PM Last edited by emspp : 29th Aug 2008 at 2:14 PM.
I updated my lot, and then, to test it, I put in the same data. 0 results found.
I first tried with something else, and I figured, maybe not many lot uploaders have updated yet... but no, nothing.
Other than that, I love the new updates!
Em
EDIT: Forgot to mention, on the actual downloads, the tags are showing up fine, it's just the search bit that doesn't seem to work.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:05 PM
This is sweet. No, this is uber sweet. I've updated all of my downloads with no problem. :D
Site Helper
#32 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 29th Aug 2008 at 5:09 PM. Reason: fixed terminology
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Mootilda, thanks for the report - download filtering and searching should work as normal again.
Still not working quite right for me. If I filter for Lot size = Tiny, I see my tiny downloads, but if I filter for Number of bedrooms = 2, then no 2-bedroom lots are found. Just to be sure, I checked my first download and it says:

Download Summary:
Number of bedrooms: 2
Custom Content Included: No CC
Furnishings: Starter Furnishings
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#33 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:17 PM
Just checking in to say that all boxes I've ticked (even in the instances where I've ticked just one) now stay ticked like good little boxes. Thanks for the fix!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:53 PM
Okay, I've finally fixed up the Number of Bedrooms search for Lots. Turns out I totally forgot about mySQLs built in "stopword" list which stops the search if any of the words in that list are found - and guess what? One, Two, Three, None, etc are all there... and you can't search on 1, 2, 3, 4 etc becuase the minimum length is 3 characters...

So, I've renamed the number of bedrooms to be longer, and updated all the current ones in the database, tested it, and it seems to work

Not actually evil.
#35 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
CatOfEvilGenius: The search parameters do not appear in the main download search. You first have to drill to the specific section you want to filter, and then you'll see the specific parameters. Can you imagine if the download main page had to show all filters from all forums? It'd be a mess.
Good point. I just tried searching children's unisex clothing for tops. None of my tops show up. I flagged all my clothes before the non-sticky bug was fixed. I'll have to go reflag all my clothing. *cries* Not that I blame you. You make improvements, so thanks for that. I know debugging takes a while, and you're speedier at it than most.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
#36 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:26 PM
Updated
Thanks for the Updates Delphster - The Flashing Updates and info on the top is Great, Could a "Featured upload" or "Check out this" type cation go on too? Or maybe a "Check out X for their X" and a bit of info? IE:
Check out Nouk - She has hairs galore!
Check out this new upload from HP - A Sequin Glitter Pony Dress! Teens - Elder!
etc.
Just an Idea

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Not actually evil.
#37 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:53 PM
suggestion Could BodyShop->Clothing->Child be a sufficient drill down for search tags to show up please? For example, when I want boys tops, I need to look in both Child->Male and Child->Unisex. I just want to check Child.

I noticed you eliminated the "unisex" search flag and now have just male and female, good move. Makes more sense to check both of those than to have an extra unisex flag.

Ticked checkboxes stay ticked, yay! Thank you.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:06 PM
Petchy, I highly doubt we'll put individual Creator boxes in there - people would complain about favouritism and they do that enough as it is.

Forum Resident
#39 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:19 PM
Default Thank you and more
I don't know if what you did has anything to do with thumbnails. They seem to be loading much faster than they have in a long time. Whatever you did, Thank you very much.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Inventor
#40 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:30 PM
Well, well - the updates are really good. Makes things much more logical than before. Good work!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:48 PM
thanks for all the useful changes, delphy!
i just edited most of my uploads, that they have the download summary.

but is it right that not all uploads have this? for example, i don't have it for one of my bedrooms. is that right?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:20 AM
ganguro, correct - not all forums have the new search parameters. At the moment only the Buy Mode -> By Function has them - By Mode -> By Room does not.

Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:39 AM
I was wondering why last night my searches brought back very little results, but this is great Delphy-you're the Organizational Queen! Now with AL out I have decided that I will keep trying to make custom content, xspecially for this new expansion, so I'd also like to say thank you to all that give the great tutorials and hopefully soon I can show just how helpful they have been!

Sims 3 story is here http://petalpaths.wordpress.com
Field Researcher
#44 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 2:28 AM
Do you think it would be a trouble to change the furnishings options for the lots to ticky boxes instead of radio buttons? Nearly all of my lot uploads contain both a furnished and an unfurnished version of the lot.

I've already got them tagged with both words for search terms, but it would be helpful if I could flag it with everything that applies.
Not actually evil.
#45 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:13 AM
Drill Down Fix - Thank you!
Search tick boxes now appear when I click on Clothing in Body Shop Downloads! Thank you! I can find child / male or female / top without looking in several different categories, yay! Happy dance, happy dance!

Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 10:41 AM
the front page looks great. thanks for all your hard work and everyone else here on MTS2. cheers
Field Researcher
#47 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:39 AM
The search boxes are working correctly for me too now (yay, i found some lovelies hair)
Love the changes.
Em
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:36 PM
ZombieBoPeep: Organisational Queen? I think not... I'm not female

Quinctia, Yeah it would be pretty hard to change that. Probably take me a good 5 seconds... I can see if I can fit it into my schedule though That actually raises another point - obviously the Furnished versions will be more expensive than the Unfurnished ones, so I'd have to allow multiple prices too.

CatOfEvilGenius: No probs. What you requested is actually something that has been available for a while, except only in development and only if you knew how. I never did come up with a good solution until now on how to present it. Glad you like the changes.

Field Researcher
#49 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:27 PM
Many thanks for your continued hard work Delphy.

I am rather confused however of what style category to put my uploads in since they are remakes of Sims 1 objects. Would it fit into Antique, Retro, or none of the above?

I'd rather not use the last option and have them get lost in a huge batch of "I don't knows". I know I'm not the only person who has remade things from other The Sims variations (Sims 1, Bustin' Out, even Pet Stories careers). Would/could this be grounds for a new style category? In a similar thought there is a lot of other uploads pertaining to Sims 2 versions of other gaming icons from Nintendo games and whatnot. I know personally I'd REALLY appreciate having a 'The Sims' or perhaps a 'Gaming' style added.

If this isn't what you are looking for could you please let me know where to put my stuff?

~Corsetcrush
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 6:14 PM
Corsetcrush, I think you are thinking of what to classify your entire range of items. But looking at them, they do mostly seem to fit individually into a particular style. Try and think about how the actual item itself would fit, rather than the entire range.

Having "Gaming" as a style wouldn't really work for your items becuase they aren't actually a gaming style in looks - they are only gaming in terms of your inspiration. So, in this case, I would say mark the appropriate category and have Sims 1 as a keyword.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 5