Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Draik12's Random Aspiration Generator v2.0

by draik12 Posted 7th Nov 2008 at 10:14 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:26 PM by Nysha

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 10:31 PM
Amazing! Thanks, this helps a lot with my legacies!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 11:16 PM
I'm too cheap to buy dice and then I'm sure I'd misplace them once I had them anyway. Thank you for this!

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 11:42 PM
Too bad .exe files aren't Mac-compatible. Looks like this could have been useful. =) Great idea, regardless.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 11:47 PM
What a great idea, thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:29 AM
Great idea!Thanks a lot!

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:18 AM
Thanks a bunch!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:27 AM Last edited by draik12 : 9th Nov 2008 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DarkEmpr3ss
Too bad .exe files aren't Mac-compatible. Looks like this could have been useful. =) Great idea, regardless.

Sorry, I'd convert it to Mac, but I have no idea how to, and nobody that I know owns a Mac. I'm sure that there's an internet version somewhere.

[Edit]: Ah, you can use Phaenoh's internet version of the Aspect Generator.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:06 AM
Neat But...Is It Possible To Make New Aspiration?Cause If It's Possible It Be COOL!

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkEmpr3ss
I created a similar program a while back and included a version that runs in your web browser, if that helps you any.

Nice work here Draik.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 10:29 PM
Or you can use an existing Web-based random number generator (I like random.org, which has a lot of interesting information about random numbers as well as a number of generators) or a spreadsheet function, but it never hurts to have a handy lil sims-themed app
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 12:43 AM Last edited by draik12 : 19th Dec 2008 at 10:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TaylorGuy
Neat But...Is It Possible To Make New Aspiration?Cause If It's Possible It Be COOL!

I guess that someone out there might be able to create one similar to that of custom majors, but I doubt that it would happen in the next couple of months or so, and then The Sims 3 is coming out, so a lot of people will forget about TS2, and there will be no need for it because everyone will be playing TS3. And by the looks of it, TS3 doesn't seem to have aspirations at all.
Anyway, I'm working on the next version, which includes turn-on/off generator as well as star sign.

Quote:
Or you can use an existing Web-based random number generator (I like random.org, which has a lot of interesting information about random numbers as well as a number of generators) or a spreadsheet function, but it never hurts to have a handy lil sims-themed app

Ah! If only I'd discovered that site earlier. Anyway, it's a lot easier to press the Roll button and generate an aspiration than roll that dice and try to remember which aspiration goes with which number. And of course, you can use Phaenoh's awesome web tool to do the same.

Quote:
I created a similar program a while back and included a version that runs in your web browser, if that helps you any. Nice work here Draik.

I tried visual basic about a year ago and it frizzled by brain. So I guess I'll stick to the very simple drag-and-drop features of Gamemaker.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 10:17 AM
Thanks for this, I wasn't really looking for something like this but you get sick of Family sim's all the time. I don't think everyone will forget about TS2, I know I wont even if I'm playing TS3. I went back a few months ago and played TS1, bad graphs but I missed MM and SS from it that we didn't and still don't have with TS2.

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 2:21 PM
Default File Attachment-Original File
Here's my copy of this program. Hope it helps.
Fixed files attached in comments, please check and send to Creator
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS2_draik12_829066_RAG_v2.0.rar (2.62 MB, 133 downloads)
Description: Original File upload
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 2:24 PM
Reporting this upload for this program.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
Oh, thanks! I wished Maxis had random, and the great part is that... I can choose it myself if I don't want it random! Thank you again!
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 7:46 PM
Thank you so much now I can use it for my legacy
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:48 PM
dont get what its for

<3 iloveyou <3
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 6:48 PM
ARRRGH!!! This might be the most useful thing I would download from here, but when I click the link, there is a 404 Not Found error. Well, when I get it to work, I will be sure to download it!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:56 AM
NOOO. you need to fix the filee DDDx i almost cried.. need this SO BAD. wahh

Spread the word::: Stop Global Warming Or All The Reese's Will Melt
bunnicula! bleh! *hop* bleh!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:39 AM
This looks good, but how can I be sure that it won't corrupt the game? :S Just asking
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:48 AM
Why no grilled cheese? I think that teenagers who grew up badly as children should be at risk for rolling grilled cheese as an aspiration.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:38 AM
Darn, looks like this is one of the files lost in the Great Server Crash. Oh well.