Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA *Extras* - Updated for NEW CEP - 01 June 2009

by HugeLunatic Posted 6th Apr 2009 at 5:00 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2022 at 1:21 PM by HugeLunatic

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:08 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 1st Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM.
Default ANES Extras
Bed
A single bed to match the ANES double bed. Perfect for teens, young adults, or the adult who likes the feel of a snug fit. Bed is usable with the new quarterTilePlacement cheat that comes with M&G.

Bedside Table
A small bedside table to complement the single or double ANES bed. The table has one slot on the top that is accessible to sims, and one deco slot on the bottom. As you can in the screenshot, it can be placed over the bed. This is done with a combination of the moveObjects on and quarterTilePlacement on cheat. I cannot say if the bed is actually usable with a table there.

Both take there texture from the ANES double bed and are not recolorable (except bedding) since that bed is not.

Polys
Bed Frame - 1404
Bedside Table - 594
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_AnesSingleBed.rar (71.3 KB, 3873 downloads)
File Type: rar  HL_AnesSideTable.rar (21.5 KB, 3473 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:19 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 12th Jan 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Default EXPEDIT Extras
One of the really nice sets from IKEA and EA only gives us the TV Center. I really felt this set needed a bit more rounding out and a great opportunity was missed with the simple desk and bookcase.

Desk
The desk is a very simple top and sides, just like the real one. It is designed to match up exactly with the bookcase to appear as though they are attached. Again just like the actual one. This has the standard two slots, all the clutter is done with OMSP's.

Desk - 1-tile
The same as the 2-tile desk but occupying a single tile. The desk has the standard homework/computer slot, plus one additional deco slot off to the back and side.

Bookcase
The bookcase is not your standard bookcase. Instead of placing the standard rows of books like all other EA bookcases, I used the bins and stacks of books from the TV Center to place here. This bookcase also contains 5 additional slots! Each open shelf is an additional decorative slot plus two additional ones on the very top of the bookcase.

There are two version of the bookcase in the zip. One is for FreeTime and the other should be compatible with Uni and OFB. Please don't have keep both since they use the same GUID.

These items all take there texture from the EXPEDIT TV Center, so any recolors of those will apply to these as well.

Updated 31-Oct-09 - Bookcase now has the contents(boxes) recolorable separately from the frame, the same as the TV Center.

Polys
Desk - 464
Bookcase - 1271
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_ExpeditDesk.rar (8.2 KB, 3069 downloads)
File Type: rar  HL_ExpeditBookcase.rar (625.7 KB, 3187 downloads)
File Type: rar  HL_ExpeditDesk1Tile.rar (14.5 KB, 2633 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:26 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 5th Apr 2009 at 2:06 AM.
Default Grevsta 1 Tile Desk
The Grevsta dining table made into a proper desk, but shrunk to use only a single tile. Perfect for dorms or cramped apartments.

There is the standard slot for the homework or computer, but there is also a small decorative slot added off to the back left. Perfect space to put a lamp or even MogHughson Desk Locator.

Takes its textures from the Grevsta Dining Table

Polys
Desk - 708
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_VikaGrevstaDesk1Tile.rar (11.2 KB, 2536 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:29 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 29th Jul 2020 at 7:33 PM.
Default KARLSTAD Extras
Loveseat
Whenever a loveseat is missing from a seat, I really wonder why. Chair and loveseat is what I use most, only occasionally using sofas. The loveseat to match the KARLSTAD sofa and chair that should have been included.

Takes all textures from the KARLSTAD sofa.

Polys
Loveseat - 2192
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_karlstadLoveseatSLAVE.rar (38.8 KB, 3689 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:36 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 5th Apr 2009 at 2:00 AM.
Default KLIPPAN Extras
Sofa
As requested by amythestfenix, the KLIPPAN sofa without the heart pillow and using the same square pillow as the loveseat. This takes all recolors from the loveseat, both for the sofa fabric as well as the pillows.

Chair
A cute little chair to match the loveseat and sofa, includes the pillow. This chair also takes all textures from the KLIPPAN loveseat.

Polys
Sofa w/cushion - 2074
Chair w/cushion - 1382
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HL_klippanChairSLAVE.zip (40.1 KB, 3292 downloads)
File Type: zip  HL_klippanSofaPillowSLAVE.zip (83.2 KB, 3172 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:40 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 5th Apr 2009 at 2:01 AM.
Default LACK End Table
I found this mesh in the game files, I have no idea why EA decided to not finish it, but I find it to be the cutest little table. It makes a nice set of nested end tables when used with the larger end table.

This takes all textures from the larger LACK end table.

Polys
Table - 128
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_LackSideTable.rar (6.1 KB, 2697 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:44 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 5th Apr 2009 at 2:02 AM.
Default MALM Extras
Bedside Table
Bedside table to match the MALM beds. This takes all its textures from the MALM bed. This table has the one slot usable by sims, and has 2 additional slots on the upper shelf.

This does fit one tile completely, and almost gives the illusion of a two tile table. I say almost, cause the corners are rounded. If you use the moveobjects and snapobjectstogrid cheats, you can place directly next to the bed and give the appearance of one piece. This table also works with the new quarterTilePlacement cheat with M&G.

Polys
Table - 267
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_MalmEndTable.rar (13.4 KB, 2672 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:47 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 5th Apr 2009 at 2:02 AM.
Default POANG Extras
Loveseat
A loveseat version of the POANG chair. This takes all textures from the POANG chair.

Polys
Loveseat - 1224
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  HL_PoangLoveseat.rar (40.6 KB, 2716 downloads)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:47 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:04 PM
These are perfect, thank you so much! =)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:16 PM
Mwahaha! Lunie, I love you! *snags everything*

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much- Between you and Sims2Code I have been able feed the Ikea stuff addiction -I especially love the Anes Table no one out there except you has done anything with the Anes set and it is my favorite. Ikea rocks
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:33 PM
ZOMFG
I love you <3
Ikea was always my fave too since my [real life] house is pretty much all Ikea, and these new meshes and Sofa/Loveseat fixes are so awesome =]]
I've downloaded it all, now I must hurry to install it and start playing!
Thnak you agains! [Ha, that counts for Two Thanks!]

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:37 PM
Wow thank you for working on this. It's so useful, I love it!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:13 PM
I got all the delicious goodies over the weekend from your site, but I just want to take a moment to say "You Rock!". Can't wait to see more.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:23 PM
*heartfarts*
Thank you so much for these!
I'm a coordination freak, so having larger matching sets for my sim homes makes me VERY VERY HAPPY.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:25 PM
Wow, this is great! I use IKEA stuff all the time. I had to cut my game back, and now I only own Uni and IKEA. This will make dorm decorating easier.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:47 PM
These are fantastic, thankyou xx

Sims 3 Musketeers.....for all your sims needs.
Scholar
#20 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:07 PM
Unbelievable........all the files, every IKEA SP owner wants, in one "small" upload! Excellent work Thank you so much!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Inventor
#21 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:49 PM
Thank You! I too like IKEA. I love it when someone finishes the sets. I ought to get to hit the thanks button at least 12 times!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:44 PM
Thanks so much for these! I guess you know how infuriated I get with EA which gives us great items with not a dang thing to match them! Appreciate that I don't have to download excessive custom content by just expanding the EA possibilities! You rock!!
Not actually evil.
#23 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:49 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 6th Apr 2009 at 9:02 PM.
"Completer" sets are always so nice to have. Thank you for making these items so much more usable and completing the set.

Thank you for the slots on the bookcase! Such a nice touch. I assume there are still books in the areas where sims reach for books during animations?

The slot on the 1 tile desk is a very good idea too.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:03 PM
Omg, I think I love you! :lovestruc

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 10:31 PM
Thank you VERY much! You have done what everyone in the community has been thinking since this set came out. Impressive.

[
Page 1 of 4