Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:24 AM
I hate the elder stage! It's boring and they're annoying! All they want to do is relax. Usually I let them stay elders for a couple of days or so and then I use the inSim to kill them. Mean, I know.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 8:17 AM
I don't like Elders.

I actually kinda like pregnancy, babies, toddlers and kids. Pregnancy really isn't hard to deal with. You just have to eat, pee and sleep more often, kinda like in real life. Babies aren't really fun, but I see that as a neccessary stage before becoming a toddler. Toddlers aren't hard to take care of. Mine spend most of their time playing with the rabbit head toy, which keeps them happy and out of the toilet. Kids, I'll admit, aren't that fun but it's another necessary stage that they eventually grow out of. And, if they're gonna be boring anyway, they can at least build skills so they don't have to do it as much when they're older.

As boring as those life stages may be, they eventually grow out of them. There's nothing to look forward to after they reach Elder. It only means they're going to die.
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 8:41 AM
I find that there are both things to like and dislike about all stages. However, with my style of playing I find the elder stage to be a bit hard to get through. Mostly this is due in part to the fact that they have usually reached their LTW and maxed most skills by then and I don't really have a goal for them. By this time my focus has also been moved towards the newest generation, be it their children or grandchildren. So they mostly just go to work and provide a bonus income.
Inventor
#54 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 11:36 AM
Babies by far.

Just like in real life all they do is eat, poop and sleep...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:21 PM
elders in real life can do loads of stuff though like going to gym etc so should be able to do that in sims
#56 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 3:28 PM
I don't like elders too much, especially when they've got their lifetime want they earn enough money don't need any more skills, what to you do with them?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:40 PM
Elders, they live too long. I probably wouldn't mind them too much if it actually told you how long they had left to live but when you are just waiting and waiting it gets very boring.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
#58 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:33 PM
fore me its got to be infants, then elders then children i don't mind toddlers but i mainly play with adult and some teens
#59 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:44 PM
Infants and Elders, the infants are boring and you only get a few options with them. And I hate seeing my elder sims die, it's depressing. I usually play with Teens and Adults and some Young Adults mixed in there, I do enjoy playing with the toddlers and children especially in my legacy familes ^.^.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:45 PM
babies. fuss balls.
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:40 AM
I'd have to say babies.. I am always eager to see their looks as toddlers, and as babies they have nothing to do. I actually quite enjoy elders. Sure they have a ton of time on their hands, so I just look at their LTW or things they've enjoyed, and ask myself what they'd do with all that free time. then I have them do it till they eventually die. For example a chef at the top of her career might take up baking and open a home bakery, a business sim, their own small business. If they rolled lots of gardening wants I usually have them take up gardening and work on getting a wishing well, or if they want to fish a lot, become a fisherman etc. Makes it more fun, and the days drag less than if I just waited for them to die.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:50 AM
I don't like infants. Once their needs are taken care of, there's only so much cuddling/throwing/puking to be done before I get sick of the little creatures and toss them back in the crib. And then I feel all guilty for getting rid of them! Hmph.

Toddlers and kids are all right, and at least they can pretty much fend for themselves (with the right CC, of course ). For me, those lifestages are about waiting for the next birthday. Or getting impatient and whipping out boolProp. :D
Instructor
#63 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaimeA
Babies, their not selectable without cheats, they don't do much other than, wiggle,wiggle,cry, squirm, cry, poop, eat, poop squirm, wiggle,cry, wiggle. I usually skip the infant stage, especially since my sims tend to have the baby lay it on the floor and hop back in the sack. Casual Romance= Bad for my health!

Lol, i can't stand simbabies either. They are horrible creeps. I can't even kill them. But how do you make a baby selectable with cheat?

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
#64 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:00 PM
Children and Elders, Children can ruin a good family by refusing to go to school or do homeowork, if you have a 4 child family 3 good ones and one bad one, the bad one does badly at school and gets taken by the social worker, you also loose the other good 3, I got round this with the maxmotives cheat, this way their needs stay high and they stay happy enough to do their stuff! Elders simply because of the lack of CC and the drab, saggy clothing, it depresses me so.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Lol, i can't stand simbabies either. They are horrible creeps. I can't even kill them. But how do you make a baby selectable with cheat?

Turn on testingCheats. Then, in Live Mode, shift + click on the baby. Choose "Make Selectable" from the pie menu, and don't panic when the baby disappears from the family. Just "Make Selectable" again to look at the baby's needs and stuff.
Instructor
#66 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:16 PM
I think toddlers can be sweet, and children too. Teens are ok, and since i like playing UNI, i like young adults, but some mentioned their way of walking, and yes, that's annoying. I like adults of course, never played much with elders since they look so wrinkly and have a terrible bodyshape. It's not like this in real life, elders can be
pretty and look modern, and fit. But i like my sims, so when they grow elders,
i would really care for them. But i keep them young as long as possible. My faves, born in game or something, i'll save for later use, so i don't loose them for good when they die. I don't like that they die, so none of my faves have died yet. But i plan to make a family grow old, and die from age. Using inseminator, one can do a lot. I can't play without it.

Thanks Daisie

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:26 PM
Elders. Even though I love them in RL, I hate them in the game. They never sleep through the night and have weird body shapes and sometimes ugly clothes. They always have to have gray hair and are annoying.

I play them anyway... *sigh*
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:31 PM
Elders. Their voices are so irritating... plus, by the time a sim reaches elder stage I'm already fed up with it, or busy with next generation.

I play them anyway, too.

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:38 PM
toddlers. babies. elders.
Test Subject
#70 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:51 PM
i hate babies the only thing i like about them are when they cry because they sound cute.. but then i hate them agian because i have to go get them.. they do nothing but sit in the crib all day.. I love toddlers because there a handful and u have to watch them so much.. hey go check out the new Adoption thread and see what u think about what i said?
#71 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 1:50 AM
elders and new born babies! the babies take forever to grow up! and the elders are useless i hardly ever play them
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 2:20 AM
Elders. =/ All my elders rarely do anything. And plus, I know they'll be dying sooner or later. >.<
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 2:45 AM
I'm going to have to go with Babies. They're cute, but they all look the same until they're toddlers. And they're pretty boring. Next on my list would be Elders. Their saggy skin freaks me out, first of all. And then secondly, my Prima guide says that they won't all have the same life span after aging to elders but they do. I'll have to try that hack that was mentioned earlier in the thread on page one.
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:16 AM
i like what WooHoo said i love pregnancy thats why i have so many kids. but children i dont really find boring because then is a good time for you to make best friends with them.

Im A Sims 2 Freak!!

Call Me: Jessica
#75 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:44 AM
i like YA except for the way they walk. i used to have a hack for this problem but it messed up my game so i had to delete it. i dont get why maxis made them walk like they have a stick up their a**.

and i agree with you misslyn, the saggy skin is really gross
Page 3 of 24