Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:36 AM
I really don't see what the big deal is with them getting fat. Fit active sims really need sparkly food when pregnant, btw, if you don't want them eating constantly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#27 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:54 AM
^ This. Frankly, I think female Sims look better when "fat." The guys look a little dumpy, true, but the women just look va-va-voooooom! to me.

(Or maybe it's just body envy because I'm currently underweight and don't have much in the way of curves. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:58 AM
If you don't like the boost, BoilingOil's got a mod for that. I use that one and Pescado's noeatcrap. I just got tired of my neat-freaks cleaning up half-finished plates autonomously before I could stash them for later.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 2nd May 2014 at 6:39 AM
I use autonomous put away, so neat sims are more likely to put those plates in the fridge rather than wash up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#30 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loz
why does it make your fitness go down and make you fat if its healthy nutritious food?

Because, as in real life, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

If you eat when your body doesn't need the fuel/overeat, at some point, it doesn't matter if you're eating fruits and nuts, or candy and ice cream. Overeating is overeating.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#31 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Because, as in real life, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

If you eat when your body doesn't need the fuel/overeat, at some point, it doesn't matter if you're eating fruits and nuts, or candy and ice cream. Overeating is overeating.

Except in The Sims you can eat more candy and icecream and it won't make you as fat as a smaller amount of nutritious food will. If only it worked that way in real life.
Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:48 PM
^ And if only you could get on a treadmill for an hour and boom! There's no more evidence of that month-long 10,000-calorie-per-day ice cream binge.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:50 PM
I like this mod "Eat More Talk Less" and it may help some of you http://modthesims.info/d/94886
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I like this mod "Eat More Talk Less" and it may help some of you http://modthesims.info/d/94886

This is great for all simmers who loves to complaint about how long any action takes in the game. lol
But I love to see them talk together as they sit down to eat, even if this means their meal last longer.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#35 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Except in The Sims you can eat more candy and icecream and it won't make you as fat as a smaller amount of nutritious food will. If only it worked that way in real life.

My point was rather quantity over quality.

Just happens in the game, the more nutritious food (sparkly food) fulfills the quantity aspect a lot faster than the normal foods. Either way, the same rule applies. Eat more than you need of anything, and the body eventually pays you back...unless you are truly lucky (Sims don't seem to have that luxury).

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
^ And if only you could get on a treadmill for an hour and boom! There's no more evidence of that month-long 10,000-calorie-per-day ice cream binge.

This gave me quite the laugh (got a couple peculiar looks from co-workers passing by the office).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This is great for all simmers who loves to complaint about how long any action takes in the game. lol
But I love to see them talk together as they sit down to eat, even if this means their meal last longer.

If they could just exempt breakfast from talking, when they need to eat fast to get to work and school.

Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
My point was rather quantity over quality.

Just happens in the game, the more nutritious food (sparkly food) fulfills the quantity aspect a lot faster than the normal foods. Either way, the same rule applies. Eat more than you need of anything, and the body eventually pays you back...unless you are truly lucky (Sims don't seem to have that luxury).

Except the same amount of a fattening food is going to make you fat faster in RL. Sims seem to find nutritious food more fattening than junk food, which makes no sense because everything makes sense in sim world ... or not XD).
Mad Poster
#37 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:39 PM
So don't serve them breakfast. They'll eat at work or school. Showers and fun are the important things to worry about in the morning.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#38 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Except the same amount of a fattening food is going to make you fat faster in RL.

Not if one puts the fork down on occasion, and maybe works out a little more often. If one generally has a well-balanced diet/fitness routine, fattening foods really shouldn't be a scary thing...unless you consume too much of it on a regular basis.

As for the Sims, they really don't have to live by the standard meal system (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Even without cheats/mods, they should be in no danger of starving on a daily basis.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So don't serve them breakfast. They'll eat at work or school. Showers and fun are the important things to worry about in the morning.

Agreed!

Instructor
#39 Old 2nd May 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad

Screw those sims! lol they get it so easy, while to lose 1 stone for us it takes months
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Oh yeah, I forgot that Sims are automatically fed if they go to work/school with an empty stomach. Dang, this would've saved me a lot of time, money, and constantly rolling back the clock using cheats just so they don't spend hours at the table (I know there are mods out there that fix this, but I'm trying to reduce load times here).
Alchemist
#41 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:22 PM
And... a can of juice doesn't sparkle.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:25 PM
Juice is different than sparkling food though...while it fills you up in a few gulp, it won't make sims "over eating" and fat. Even if they were not hungry enough, to drink their glass...
Juicez rulez, dudez.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#43 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:32 PM
And then you get to make those wonderful smoothies, too, if you plant something. Ah, Sims 2, your progeny games should be remotely, yes, even remotely, like you!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 3rd May 2014 at 8:26 AM
If they go to work hungry and then get fed at work does the happiness bar for getting a promotion count from when they left for work or when they finished work? Because, if it's the first then they need to eat before they go.
Alchemist
#45 Old 3rd May 2014 at 9:13 AM
Charity, you are messin' with my mind.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:27 PM
I've gotten the impression it counts mood when you go to work, not later on (which would make sense since motives drop). I've sometimes noticed that something was low after they left, and raised motives with boolprop. Doesn't tend to give promotion, unless bar was already high enough before that work day.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 3rd May 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I've gotten the impression it counts mood when you go to work, not later on (which would make sense since motives drop). I've sometimes noticed that something was low after they left, and raised motives with boolprop. Doesn't tend to give promotion, unless bar was already high enough before that work day.

Oops... I guess breakfast existed for a reason.
Undead Molten Llama
#48 Old 3rd May 2014 at 11:12 PM
Just chiming in to say that I never go out of my way to make sure my pixels eat breakfast, and they get promoted just fine. In my experience, they just need to be in a good mood when they leave for work. (Green or better, I think it is.) A pixel can be in a good mood even if they're starving-hungry so long as all their other motives are high. So, before a grown-up pixel heads off to work, I focus on making sure they're clean and their bladder isn't about to explode and their social bar is high. Having them prepare and eat something (or even just get leftovers or a snack out of the fridge and then eat it) takes longer than a pee and/or shower and a quick chat with a household member. So, that's what I focus on, and then I just let them eat at work. For kids, they usually get a bath each evening before bed, so they're clean when they wake up. So, for them the priorities are peeing and doing things that raise their fun and social bars. They always eat at school. Then, if their hunger bar refills late in the school day, as it often will if they weren't too hungry when they left, they also don't need dinner, leaving more time for focusing on other things.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 4th May 2014 at 3:30 AM
My organisational skills are being shown up lol. Often my sim children are hurrying to finish homework in the morning before the school bus shows up. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 4th May 2014 at 3:35 AM
If a kid has not done homework I tend to get them up at 3am, finish the homework then send them back to bed. But I also look at hygiene, bladder and social, not hunger in the mornings if I know the sim has work or school. May as well let the establishment feed them and save on groceries.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 3