Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:24 AM
H&M fashion Stuff --> first pics added WOW!!
Hey everyone.

It says on some sites that the new stuff pack coming out soon will be called H&M fashion stuff. I think this is great. H&M ( or Hennes & Maurits is a clothing store in Europe and i believe also in the UK and even the US. With lots of great designers but for cheap prices. Even Madonna designed some ( and Victor & Rolf :nod: yes those guys )

Confirmation is late offcourse but... we have PICS PICS PICS

look at that beautifull H&M logo.. love it :D

ooh.. looks like some sims superstar is brought to the sims 2.

like a real H&M store.. nice cash register and really nice counter.

finally some descent shop equipment.. lights.. models.. clothing racks.

found on the german sims 2 site
I AM DEFFINETLY GOING TO BUY THIS!!
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:20 AM
Ithought it would be H&M the shop.
Finally,we might have some nice clothes by Maxis for our sims! they might even introduce some nice hair also ^-^
Roll on June ^-^
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 12:05 PM
Snooty just posted this yesterday: "Gamestop has put up their pre-order for the next Stuff pack called H&M Fashion Stuff. It was unclear for quite some time what the theme would be but now we know it's about fashion."

Here's the link: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp...uct%5Fid=646998

It says that the Pre-Release Ships 6/5/2007 and it will be $19.99.
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:25 PM
Im sorta glad is clothes,hopefully no useless objects like sculptures Ill NEVER use. Hopefully theyll be good enough for my sims,and not just townies (they gt ugly maxis clothes,lol)
When I saw H&M stuff posted somewhere here i think, i immediately thought H&M clothes,and 5th of June is release,probably 6/7th here then :/
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:28 PM
*le gasp* A good quality pack from Maxis?? Is this the break in the storm?!?!! *panics* :sprint: I'll be getting this one, too. I just can't resist an Ep or Sp. But it does sound cool. Maybe this one will break the crappy-Maxis mold. :shrug: Or maybe I'm just wishing too much.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:40 PM
This sounds interesting. My only fears are even if they are trying to copy designer clothes into sims, aren't maxis still the one's making it? I mean many people complain about maxis clothes, won't this be just the same, but based on real designer clothes? Or is it because maxis clothes aren't based on designer gear?
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:50 PM
Actually the Maxis Meshes are very good (i.e. no holes/gaps). It's the styles that are hideous.
Maybe if they are using trendy clothing as an example we'll get something really cute. The Seasons outerwear is adorable, so hopefully they are moving in the right direction. :D
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chinchillagirl6
Actually the Maxis Meshes are very good (i.e. no holes/gaps). It's the styles that are hideous.
Maybe if they are using trendy clothing as an example we'll get something really cute. The Seasons outerwear is adorable, so hopefully they are moving in the right direction. :D

I agree with the outerwear, its great! Your right, maybe they are improving. Could the possibly be getting help?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:33 AM
i'll be getting this anyway, i just collect them, its my hobby, for the longest time i had every sims game untill the newer systems came out and the prices for games went up.

I'm realy hoping for better styles, expecialy for men. but my fear is that in tring to do designer clothing they're going to completly pass up anything that a normal person would wear every day, as in too fancy looking they they're dressing up. Fine for a special date, but hardly fit for working in the garden or lounging around the house. Or with the case of madonna wear ...an avarage person wearing at all on a daily basis even if they do look nice. but then most female maxis meshes have heels, i'm 22 and have worn heels 3times and do not usualy see heels on other women for an everyday occurance. I looked at the modonna wear and many other clothes on that site ..and seriously ..do heels realy need to be worn with every damn thing? why are they almost a fashion requirement? They acsentuate a womans butt and legs ..is this realy something to throw at youngsters of the ages of 9+? ...part of the reason why we have 12yr olds wearing thongs...

Maxis meshes are fine ...their taste is lacking...they choose patterns that are gaudy and tacky. This includes the bed spreads. I realy have to question why they did not bring in some kind of consultant.
I'm blaming their bad fashion taste on most of them being male nerds, as such have little to do with fashion on themselves or realy noticing it on others as its not a strong aspect for their social group. As much as i love my nerd friends to death (and am in fact a nerd chick myself) Style has never been a strong point with any of them or even in some cases myself, depending on how lazy i feel.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 7:24 AM
lol you go moriganrane :P

i am pretty nerdie myself sometimes.. but do have a fashion sence. must be because im a guy who like guys and i agree on you that most of the deisgner stuff from H&M would not be right for everyday wear. but it isn't said that they are going to copy those items. who knows. they might even let H&M design some clothes and copy those to the sims 2 as well. I have a lot of clothes from H&M i wear everyday. not everything is fancy :P
#11 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:41 PM
From what I've seen of H&M clothes, they don't look too fancy. Of course, all I've seen of their clothes are the few things they show on their site since there isn't an H&M store anywhere around here. But they look casual enough, I think.
#12 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:50 PM
I LOVE H&M!!!!!!!!!!!! Lmao... but I totally agree with the nerd trend morigan... I alway's wondered where the 'too-slutty-to-even-think-about-wearing-in-real-life' female nightlife clothing came from... maybe we WILL have fashionable Maxis clothing AND they do make great meshes so there will be some fab recolours im sure...
#13 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
From what I've seen of H&M clothes, they don't look too fancy. Of course, all I've seen of their clothes are the few things they show on their site since there isn't an H&M store anywhere around here. But they look casual enough, I think.

C'mon! Trust me (woman who spends on clothes more than she earns!), H&M is probably the best clothing store in Europe. They have really nice and good quality stuff for affordable prices. I think, 50 percent of my closet comes from it. If H&M stuff is next stuff pack, I am surely buying it.
#14 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 9:21 PM
My sister would love that pack,a H&M opened where she is living and spent a tonne there!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:04 AM
in their defence i did have a look at their site and many individual clothing options do look nice and comfy casual (as well as affordable) i'm more thinking about some of the combinations (as most of the nice looking clothes in game are outfits instead of seprates) they can be fitted together looking like a runway model.
so please, less high heels, more seperate articles of clothing options, more shirts and pants with a couple outfits thrown in, i want to be able to choose how "dressed up" my sim looks because this shirt with these acessories and these pants with these heels will look run way, where as the same shirt with some roughed up jeans and flat shoes looks comfy enough to just hang out in

#16 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:03 AM
I wear high heels almost every day...

And if you don't like the clothes, don't buy the pack. They aren't catwalk calibre or anything - just nice, stylish pieces of clothing for reasonable prices.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:27 AM
its not a matter of not buying the pack, its a matter of wether they're going to give us what we want or are going to mess this up...like they just did with celebration stuff ..i now feel jipped and that the pack was not worth the 20 i paid, maybe 8..
I don't want to spend $20 on what was potentialy a nice pack only to discover once i have it installed that they only hinted at alot of things and what they actualy gave us was zip.

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:54 AM
There is a logo seen by a player in Augsburg (Germany) in a H&M shop. SimTimes has posted it:

http://www.simtimes.de/index.php?su...t_from=&ucat=2&
#19 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:11 AM
I do like H&M :D

For you guys who aren't sure if you're gonna like it or not - It doesn't take that long to look through screenshots and read reviews (once it's been released).
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:17 PM
did you look through the celebration screenshots? yeah turns out that what they showed in those was everything in the pack. The rest of us got the impression that that was a taste ...I'm hoping they learn from angry gamers to not do that again...
So heres hoping for good screen shots :p

#21 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganRane
did you look through the celebration screenshots? yeah turns out that what they showed in those was everything in the pack. The rest of us got the impression that that was a taste ...I'm hoping they learn from angry gamers to not do that again...
So heres hoping for good screen shots :p

That's pretty much all stuff packs are. Just a little taste to hold us simmers over until the next EP is released.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chinchillagirl6
That's pretty much all stuff packs are. Just a little taste to hold us simmers over until the next EP is released.

i know that, no i was mad at not just the few objects but the fact that many of them were in fact not seperate objects at all but the same mesh, only recolored, same description, the game is just set to have them as differant objects.

Forum Resident
#23 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by |Michael|
There is a logo seen by a player in Augsburg (Germany) in a H&M shop. SimTimes has posted it:

http://www.simtimes.de/index.php?su...t_from=&ucat=2&

Is it just me or does that picture actually look like a fake? Just looks like someone took the celebration stuff logo, deleted the celebration part and stuck the H&M logo in.
#24 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:10 PM
That's EXACTLY how it looks
#25 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:15 PM
That blows. They should do a Rocawear of Babyphat stuff pack then. :P
Page 1 of 4