Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#51 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:47 PM
haha, cool! i'll get it no problem as soon as it gets out. It would be funny if you could actually have fashion shows.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:01 PM
I love the clothes, it looks like something you would wear in real life, not like the haute coture style clothes that many creators make. But maybe that's because I've never been a fan of horrid looking high heels and surreal slim meshes...
And yeah, I like the objects too. I'm totally making a clothes shop with this SP :D

-----
A note; sure there are so many amazing talented creators out there making free stuff for my simmies, and I still want that. But sometimes I feel that the custom creators get to be glorified into something they're not. Truth is, these days I am very picky about what I put in my downloads folder, and not that much stuff is worth downloading in the first place. I've come to appreciate the Maxis stuff alot more. The custom stuff I do download mostly come from mts2.
I used to download everything that looked pretty on a screenshot, but very few things was that good in-game. Sure, maxis could do better with the textures, but so many times when there's an amazing texture, there's something else that isn't good. High heels never look really good. And I don'treally like the oversized breasts and too-slim meshes.
Besides maxis has to consider the 'over-all' style and feel of the game, not just make pretty textures. They want to make the game look like one whole part, not just many parts that look pretty, but don't fit together. I like the feeling that maxis create in the game, and I mostly only need some new skintones, some nice eyes defaults, and some necessary hacks to make the game look pretty enough. Sure, I do download stuff, but half the time I know I won't even use the stuff in the game

Bah, I am not sure I am making any sense, and you are probably gonna burn me at the stake, but I wanted to say this. Maxis are great, even if they could do better. But we could all do better.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
#53 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:16 PM
The items look decent enough, but im not really liking the clothing. wonder if that everything thats in the pack lol
#54 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:29 PM
^^ There's no way the pack is just the clothes. At least I hope not That would be terrible! :umm:
#55 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:37 PM
OMG! I love H&M! There is gonna be some objects..even a new cash register!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 11:37 PM
edited my first post with the pics so you can check them out really fast and get over excited like me :D:D:D:D:D
Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:43 AM
Woah, I'm definitely buying it. Most of the clothes I have were bought at H&M. Besides, I much prefer Maxis content to custom content clothing. I love me some hand-drawn Sim-styled goodness, and a lot of custom content is something overly trendy pasted blotchily on to a fussy, messy mesh with ludicrous heels.

I love the Simized H&M store, as well. Lovely!
#58 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2addict01
OMG! I love H&M! There is gonna be some objects..even a new cash register!

Actually, I was most excited about the cash register (which seems to come in 2 colors) and the new counters.
Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:47 AM
im kind of pissed... i dont know why.

im just dissapointed... ehh..
Alchemist
#60 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:53 AM
Not everyone can be satisfied. That's ok.
Theorist
#61 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 1:14 AM
This looks interesting, especially the objects! I think I'll get this before Celebration. I'm a bit surprised that Maxis didn't make the H&M logo into Simlish letters but I'm not complaining.
#62 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:54 PM
It doesn't impress me at all. But I'm pissy like that
#63 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MagicBeans
It doesn't impress me at all. But I'm pissy like that

It doesn't look that great to me either, but the meshes look nice, and I have great faith in the skinning ability of the community.
#64 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 12:48 PM
The clothes in this pic look hideous http://www.snootysims.com/hmstuff/hmstuff01.jpg but I like all the other stuff in the other pics
Alchemist
#65 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
The clothes in this pic look hideous http://www.snootysims.com/hmstuff/hmstuff01.jpg but I like all the other stuff in the other pics

You're right, those don't look good at all.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:42 PM
Wow. This looks much better than I was expecting. The new community lot items (and hopefully available for home businesses) look great! I agree, the clothes in the first picture do look horribly, especially what the woman on the right is wearing, that grey outfit. I might end up getting this.
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
You're right, those don't look good at all.

I like 'em all, except for the grey wool dress - and even that looks like the kind of thing you could actually find available at H&M.

It's just a matter of preference.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:05 PM
The clothes in the pics look really cute. As I'm kind of addicted to H&M I will definately buy this stuff pack to make all my Sims H&M adddicts. :D
I hope the deco for the H&M shop shown in the pics is also included.
And what about the catwalk? Will we be able to have fashion shows or is this just another staged scene done by Maxis? Probably.
I'm really curious about this pack, can't wait till its out. :D
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:36 PM
I will definately buy it.
About 80% my clothes are from H&M and so my Sims will be able to wear similar stuff to the clothes I wear.
And those meshes looks great!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:21 PM
Wow, finally a stuff pack that I'm more than tempted to buy!
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 2:25 PM
Hi,

we already have all artpics of this stuff pack on this site: http://www.simtimes.de/sims2/hm_accessoires/
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 2:38 PM
I dont really think I'll buy this pack. The clothes arent anything special. A lot of the clothes you can download look better than those
Field Researcher
#73 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:16 PM
I'm a person who prefers Maxis stuff generally, but those clothes are FUGULY. Aboustly disgusting. If that's what H&M make, I'm glad they're not in Aus. *shudders*

This might be the first Stuff pack I DON'T buy.
Test Subject
#74 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM
I wanna know where are the clothes for teens, kids and toddlers?! (although I'm not sure if H&M carries clothing for kids and toddlers...but definitely teens!)

I might buy this eventually when it goes on sale...I will absolutely not pay 20$ for it though.
#75 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 3:16 AM
This stuff pack looks awesome! I cannot wait to try out the new runway stage, as well as to buy all my simmies the new clothes. WHOOP! WHOOP!
Page 3 of 4