Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 10:14 PM
I like this idea because I love the Ikea style and so now my Sims can be stylish!
Advertisement
#52 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:36 AM
I like the idea of this sp too. It's cheesy, but I really liked how the h&m sp bridged the gap between stylish modern clothes and the cartoon look of the sims. Usual maxis stuff is too outlandish, while custom stuff is usually too realistic.
Instructor
#53 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:47 AM
Love the idea - just like H&M pack I hope it will bring with it some nice items, there's a handful of really nasty looking EAxis content. Nasty is a charming way, of course.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:50 AM
I am sure the reason why EA has suddenly gotten into branded Stuff Packs is because these companies probably looked at The Sims 2 as a great way to promote their business and EA of course was not going to reject the offer of a great pay. Do you even imagine the crap load of money EA would make from all this? So, in turn, this ends up being beneficial to both parties. And beneficial to us because we now get better stuff than what we normally get from EA/Maxis. So, everyone's a winner!
#55 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:57 AM
I think an ikea pack would be cool especially if my sims had to assemble it themselves :-D but the content would have to be outstandingly incredible to make me want to buy it though as there is so much amazing quality CC about that is also F.O.C
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:59 AM
MissTech it's along the same ideas of the "Celebration, then H&M" scheme. I don't think any items from IKEA will be incorporated into KBID Stuff, but I could be wrong, because I know EA wouldn't change the title of the Stuff pack at the last minute. And IKEA stuff won't be as long as "Kitchen Bath and Interior Design" :umm:

EDIT:
I.Infectious, RIGHT ON! I really liked H&M stuff because the clothes were of good quality (although there were a couple of things that were ugly :shrug: ) And I think IKEA stuff will work that way as well. I would also like the idea to assemble our own furniture (but that's not going to happen.)

#57 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broo
They don't even bother to make their stuff packs available for Mac users, why would they do Apple related stuff pack :/? Ikea stuff however seems interesting.

The stuff packs are available for Mac users, but just like expansion packs, they're released awhile after the PC versions.

this is neat, cause just a short while ago my friend and i were talking about how much we wanted Ikea stuff for our games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM
There will not be any assembling. Why would there be if furniture in the history of TS2 has only been normal Buy Mode objects? It's just not going to happen. And especially in a Stuff Pack. That would only exist in an EP like the car restoration object in Free Time.
#59 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 5:25 AM
Okay, seeing as I just mentioned it as funny if they did have to do assembly just like us real folk, this is getting a little out of hand. But, that said, there is not reason why a SP couldn't have an object like the restorable car. SP have added more than just stuff in the past - Family Fun stuff gave you inventory and emotions if you didn't have any EPs installed, and Holiday Stuff added interactions (like bake cookies or throw New Year's Party) as wel as stuff (just off the top of my head). In the end it's all just code, and EA/Maxis will put in what they want to put in.
#60 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:20 AM
I clearly remember when I heard H&M stuff was coming out last year. I told myself ikea would be better instead...
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsgirl2
I clearly remember when I heard H&M stuff was coming out last year. I told myself ikea would be better instead...

That is if you're a builder? Honestly the only thing I loved about H&M were the clothes. They were tastefully done in my opinion. I also liked the clothing racks, and the fact that you don't -have- to put H&M on everything (retextures didn't have H&M on it).

I really like the idea of having an IKEA stuff pack though. It's what's inside the box.

I was thinking for clothing... something a disgrunted person would wear. Well, because some people can't figure out the assembly instructions on the box...

#62 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
That is if you're a builder? Honestly the only thing I loved about H&M were the clothes. They were tastefully done in my opinion. I also liked the clothing racks, and the fact that you don't -have- to put H&M on everything (retextures didn't have H&M on it).

I really like the idea of having an IKEA stuff pack though. It's what's inside the box.

I was thinking for clothing... something a disgrunted person would wear. Well, because some people can't figure out the assembly instructions on the box...

Actually I'm not a builder but we don't have H&M here but we have a huge Ikea store and I love to go and do shopping there. I like decorating homes. So I will definately get ikea stuff.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I.nfectious
I think an ikea pack would be cool especially if my sims had to assemble it themselves :-D but the content would have to be outstandingly incredible to make me want to buy it though as there is so much amazing quality CC about that is also F.O.C

What's IKEA without the going home and assembling it?
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11
Hmm, I think the chance of them making a pack like that is as possible as the following:

The Sims 2: This Means War!
The Sims 2: Erotic Passion
The Sims 2: Political Parties
The Sims 2: Drugs and Other Things That Make Me See Rainbows

LMAO at that one!!

How amusing would it be if you could actually get these! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 1:59 AM
We don't have an IKEA in my area (we have a lot of stores close to it, Linen & Things and Bed, Bath, & Beyond being the closest to it) but at least my simmies can enjoy their products. Sounds a lot better than Kitchen & Bath IMO.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robovski
Okay, seeing as I just mentioned it as funny if they did have to do assembly just like us real folk, this is getting a little out of hand. But, that said, there is not reason why a SP couldn't have an object like the restorable car. SP have added more than just stuff in the past - Family Fun stuff gave you inventory and emotions if you didn't have any EPs installed, and Holiday Stuff added interactions (like bake cookies or throw New Year's Party) as wel as stuff (just off the top of my head). In the end it's all just code, and EA/Maxis will put in what they want to put in.

Who was even fighting? I surely wasn't! And as for the inventory idea, you're incorrect about that. It was first introduced in Nightlife. And emotions? What are you talking about? No SP ever introduced such things. SP's are just like what I stated, they add stuff to the game. The ONLY reason why holiday cookies were added was because it was just a new food, that's it. And the New Year's Party was just a new party type. Both of which were not new interactions. I'm not against assembling any furinture, I just have the hunch that it won't be that way. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's not the end of the world.
Alchemist
#67 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 2:24 PM
argh. i HATE ikea, i mean i like the furniture but the instructions are all confusing and my chest of drawers has broken 5 times! :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM
Yes but in the Sims you may not have that issue.
#69 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Who was even fighting? I surely wasn't! And as for the inventory idea, you're incorrect about that. It was first introduced in Nightlife. And emotions? What are you talking about? No SP ever introduced such things. SP's are just like what I stated, they add stuff to the game. The ONLY reason why holiday cookies were added was because it was just a new food, that's it. And the New Year's Party was just a new party type. Both of which were not new interactions. I'm not against assembling any furinture, I just have the hunch that it won't be that way. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's not the end of the world.

Dude, not fighting. Sorry if I came over that way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robovski
Dude, not fighting. Sorry if I came over that way.

Okay, it sounded like you were defensive so I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Alchemist
#71 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:53 PM
Yes but in the Sims you may not have that issue.

would be funny though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:55 PM
It would at first but I think many of us forget how the Sims have always been great at being cute the first few times with their annoyances before we realize how annoying their annoyances truly are, lol.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:13 PM
I expected something like this to happen sooner or later. Maybe not Ikea but certainly a major furniture manufacturer. I wonder how much Ikea paid for this?

In game advertising is going to get bigger and bigger later on and the Sims is a very good vehicle for many companies to put their name into games. There is no other games available that allow companies to advertise themselves as well as the Sims. Plus the Sims demographic audience is more favorable.

I expect to see more things like this later. Cars, clothes, restaurants, cosmetics even etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:42 AM
Can you imagine a Cars EP? I never thought of that. Ford and so many other companies could be included. After all, Ford already has teamed up with EA for the few cars that are available.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 7:53 AM
Can you imagine a Cars EP? I never thought of that. Ford and so many other companies could be included. After all, Ford already has teamed up with EA for the few cars that are available.

Yeah, I could see a car stuff pack. lol. Well, I love Ikea and would buy the stuff pack. I've only bought the holidays and h&m stuff packs. I didn't bother with the other b/c I would much rather save my computer space on creations from gifted sites like this one and others. I find that I enjoy user created things more than the ones maxis comes up with.
Page 3 of 8