Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:41 AM
Default Holiday Pack '06, OR The Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff!
Last years holiday pack started a revolution for the game. They realized they could sell us 'minipacks' of content in between expansions. This year they're doing another holiday pack which is supposed to be in stores this November. This thread will be your one-stop shop for information related to this stuff pack.

So what are the general thoughts thus far? Personally I'm a little worried that it's going to be a repeat of last year. I don't want to spend money on it if the content is no different/not different enough to warrant it.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:56 AM
I dont know much about the new pack, but I dont usually waste my money on them. I love all the EPs, so I mainly save my money for those... I find that even with EPs that non-Maxis creators do a better job with creating new items, whether thats clothing, hair, furniture or anything else. I for one am not planning on buying the Holiday pack.

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 8:12 AM
I have the feeling that this may just be a re-release of last year's pack (possibly with some new stuff added), but I hope that it's not.

What would be ideal, for me, is if this pack has brand new stuff dealing with other holidays/events not dealt with in last year's pack (or possibly variations on things in last year's) and that they also re-release last year's pack so that I could buy them both.

...but maybe I'm just greedy? ...and still a little mad that I missed out on it last year.
#4 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 10:46 AM
i really hope theres some new stuff there but i'm afraid to say i think it'll just be a re-release of last years (which i already have)
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 11:52 AM
i get that feeling too, can't wait till we get some official info on it
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 2:57 AM
Cool I might get it.
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:01 AM
I sure hope it's not the same. I already have last years pack.. it came with my Sims 2 game.. holiday edition.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:47 AM
I didn't get last year's pack, so if this one looks interesting enough, I may get it this year...
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:36 AM
Hey Discord! Where did you hear about this? Went looking but could not find a thing about it.

Anyway, I got last year's Holiday Pack and am pretty satisfied with it. It did come with a lot of things, so I couldn't imagine what they could put in yet another Holiday Pack. I think it will probably be similar to the one already out, but perhaps with an additional item or two. I will have to wait and learn more about this new pack and what will be in it before I make any decisions on it.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 4:00 PM
There's been various news clips on snooty sims about it and links to stuff like this. Also for a short time:

Quote:
The 'hidden' Gamespy page currently has another Sim game posted called Sims 2: Holiday Pack 2006. Note that just as with the Pets info, it may be on there for a very short time.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:51 PM
just a question, did you guys in the US have to buy the pack last year? because we got it for free added to the original game. It was packed in a box and simply came with an additional disc for free.

This year though we do have to pay for it. its coming on the 9th of november and will cost the same as a stuff pack.
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mpfromnl1986
just a question, did you guys in the US have to buy the pack last year? because we got it for free added to the original game. It was packed in a box and simply came with an additional disc for free.

This year though we do have to pay for it. its coming on the 9th of november and will cost the same as a stuff pack.

It's a promotional idea thingy, over here they've been doing that with FFS if you buy the orignal sims2
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mpfromnl1986

The pack was released by itself first and from what I gather only available via download. Later it was bundled with a copy of the base game so people could buy it that way, though a number of us already had the base game.

Also when you had the original stuff pack, you didn't have to register it and it didn't install like an expansion. This one I'm sure will work just like FFS and GLS.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
The pack was released by itself first and from what I gather only available via download.

I never found it on disc but my niece managed to find it in a computer game store, in a retail box.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 5:06 PM
Last year I saw copies of the Sims 2 Holiday stuff pack in the shops. I'm in the UK, maybe it's different elsewhere?
I didn't buy the Holiday pack last year. (It was either the Holiday pack or Nightlife. I made my choice and I stand by it. ) I doubt if I will this year. Personally, I don't see how they could make it much different from the last holiday pack, and I think it's rather cheeky of them to try to get us to buy this.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:24 AM
I don't really like Holidays, and why should sims have holiday's but not weather? I for one and curious as to what will come after Pets, aside from holiday. This holiday pack will probaly include a few holidays though, didn't the last one just include Christmas?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 8:02 AM
I got last year's holiday pack but found myself never playing with pretty much any of the objects. As much as I love decorating for the holidays in real life, it just doesn't appeal to me in the Sims 2 (theoretically, yes, but when it comes down to actual game play, no). The only objects i do enjoy (and use) from the pack are the fireworks. They're great for parties.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:21 AM
I think the IDEA of a holiday pack is good, but they need to make it so they have seasons (even though I think that might make my computer implode), and actual times for when the holidays are (like a message in the corner "It's nearly Christmes! You should start putting decorations up soon!" and "It's Christmas morning! Time for the family to open the presensts!"), rather than just us getting to do it whenever we like.

My name is Loren.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:29 AM
but its christmas every day for someone!! hehe!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#20 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 6:58 PM
Hopefully we'll get pics and a little confirmation, maybe around the time that Pets is released? I just hope that it's not just a rehash of last years pack and has new items for the christmas/new years holidays as well as new holidays. Actually, a Chinese New Year's theme would be a lot of fun.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:37 PM
I'm confused people are saying there was a holiday pack last year? Like a stuff pack? Or the holiday sims 2 edition that i have heard about?
#22 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:43 PM
I will get it because I missed out last year and I wanted the santa visit, the fireworks etc.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:13 PM
There was a holiday pack last year and it was also offered as a combination pack with the base game as well as a stand alone stuff pack..
#24 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
There was a holiday pack last year and it was also offered as a combination pack with the base game as well as a stand alone stuff pack..

Did the stuff pack allow santa to visit and the fireworks etc?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 10:30 PM
Yes, I have it - everything in it was added to the holiday edition.
Page 1 of 5