Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:25 AM
Maybe I am repeating something that everyone already knows of. But I purchased Glamor Life as an on-line download and when I did I was instructed to download the EA downloader.

The EA downloader has all the newest games EA is releasing, and trailer movies to view and you can purchase them and download them as soon as they have their release date. It says you usually will be able to download a day in advance to the release date.

When I downloaded my Glamor Life copy I saw in there that you can still pay for and download last years Holiday pack, they call it "The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack, and it is considered a "booster pack" not a "stuff pack". I am not sure of what the difference is. I don't know if it has any relation to the Holiday edition they are talking about now.

Just a little FYI ;o)
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:24 PM
Yeah I got FFS via the EA Downloader and let me tell you I will *never* get another game this way. I have Glamour Life with the disc and I am positively elated to be back to a disc. When the ea downloader is offline or being worked on - you don't get to play your game because you can't log in to verify ownership! Forget that again.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Yeah I got FFS via the EA Downloader and let me tell you I will *never* get another game this way. I have Glamour Life with the disc and I am positively elated to be back to a disc. When the ea downloader is offline or being worked on - you don't get to play your game because you can't log in to verify ownership! Forget that again.

Whoa, i didn't know that... I have been concerned that something like that would occur. I wanted the Glamor Life at that moment and didn't want to wait so I decided to do the EA downloader... I was to impatient

I feel funny not having the disc too. I will probably be buying it on disc format soon enough though lol

thank you for the heads up on this ;o)
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:33 PM
Honestly I didn't suspect a thing when I downloaded it. I wish there was some way they would encrypt the files you download/install instead of forcing you to log into the EA downloader to play your game. It's not fair to pay the same price for a game as you would in the store and not be able to play it whenever you want.

It's not a daily occurence or anything, but when they do it, it's a huge inconvenience.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 4:41 AM
I hear what you are saying discord. I had bought the Holiday pack in Dec 2005. Then lost all info on my computer, I could up load all my other Sims2 discs, but couldn't the Holiday pack because I lost all info to re-download it. So I find security in having that disc.

However, the ea Downloader showed I had paid for the Holiday pack so I was able to re-downloaded it... I was feeling so cheated. That is the one good thing about the Ea Downloader I like... but I still feel I need my disc lol ;o)
Instructor
#31 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 3:21 PM
Hey... My sims already have christmas and new year. They don't want them again! I WOULD buy it though if it had the possibilites of other holidays.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#32 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 1:21 AM
I wanted to get the holiday pack.. but doing another one is crazy. Maybe they'll do different holidays this time, like haloween, or 4th of July. Or maybe the maxis people will make up some sim holiday, like 'Plumbob Day'. Just a guess.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zenieirac
I wanted to get the holiday pack.. but doing another one is crazy. Maybe they'll do different holidays this time, like haloween, or 4th of July. Or maybe the maxis people will make up some sim holiday, like 'Plumbob Day'. Just a guess.

Oh, those are good thoughts... I thought just purely X-mas time and Hanukka and New Years, BUT yes it could be Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, Thanksgiving... gifts we can actually open and give peeps... hmmm I hope its not a repeat too
#34 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 8:19 PM
Maybe they took the hint that we aren't falling for disapointing packs anymore and are planing on doing better. I would love to see what new things they come up with in screenshots.

Maybe snow this time?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ::Simstress::
Maybe they took the hint that we aren't falling for disapointing packs anymore and are planing on doing better. I would love to see what new things they come up with in screenshots.

Maybe snow this time?

SNOW oh that would be the best present ever if they would make it snow... if we had actual weather in the game lol ;o)
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 2:54 AM
No kidding, the holiday stuff pack might be a good time to stick it in there. Though I won't hold my breath that anyone other than modders will make it available to us for sims2.
#37 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:36 PM
Have you been to the official site lately? There's an advert for The Sims™ 2 Happy Holiday Stuff with that annoying 'Coming soon stay tuned for more info!' that in Maxis talk means 'We're planning to forget you for a couple of months then tell you 2 weeks before it comes out'
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:39 PM
Ugh that's exactly what it means. We already know it's coming out, now put up with the news and let us know if it's a carbon copy of last years or not.
#39 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:40 PM
Well... the pack looks slightly different but the picture is so small I can hardly see. Most of the items on the front are the same but some are either unidentifiable or new
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:43 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind if it included the stuff from last years pack AND had enough new content to make it worth the price. I just hope it's not only last years content and I desperately want to buy it on the EA downloader. I know I complained a lot about it, but I bought glamour on cd and my pre-order for pets is on cd. It's been 2? weeks since glamour came out and due to the placement of my comptuer tower it's easier to leave the cd in the drive at all times. Of course this means EVERY damn time I want to do something like open a file, save a file, navigate my computer and other things the stupid dvd drive starts spinning and locks me up for a little bit. I find that more annoying than my annoyances with the ea downloader.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 3:15 AM
To be honest... I didn't buy the holiday pack. I'm not that religious but I am Jewish and I found it vexing that the "Holiday" pack included X-mas but it did NOT include Channuka or any other non Christian holiday. I have been know to celebrate the Saturnalle with friends and would've loved a Roman Feast... or something else NON mainstream.

I don't want to start a religious flame wars- I just want to say that if Maxis is doing ANOTHER holiday pack... I'd appreciate it( and would buy it) if they had something for the rest of us.
Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 3:18 AM
I found some info relating to this pack!

Quote:
On The official Sims 2 site, the box for Happy Holiday can be found in a 'Coming Soon' section. From the looks of this box, it has (nearly) the same content as the Holiday pack of last year.

More info at www.snootysims.com
#43 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:09 AM
http://www.thesims2.se/news.read.asp?id=418

It has been confirmed....with pictures.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 10:28 AM
they did have hannuka candles, and a few other non christian decorative objects that i can't remember
#45 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:36 PM
I would hope they would add more holidays. Last years was fun, and I still use the ocasional bit here and there, for example, the candles.

I would like to see the rest of the holidays represented, or perhaps at least more winter holidays and traditions. We'll see though, I guess.
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I never found it on disc but my niece managed to find it in a computer game store, in a retail box.

If you bought it there was an option for a disc or to do so via download. I have a little disc that only came in a small cover slip because I despise digital downloaded games.
So no, it wasn't only available by download.

But I am also very wary of this pack. I'm already miffed about having to spend actual money on just stuff packs in the first place. I found no real use for any of the items in last year's pack since the presents weren't actually openable and there was no real way for me to designate "this is december" or anything. The days passed too fast for me to pretend it was only a month.
I highly doubt I'll be buying this pack, even if there are new items of any amount.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 7:33 PM
I'm the lucky one that has my hubby just buy these expantions for me even when I say I really don't want them. haha. (Probably so he does'nt feel guilty for buying himself games.:P) So... yeah. It sounds... interesting? I don't know... I don't even use the stuff that came in the last holiday pack much. *shrug*
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#48 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:58 AM
EA Downloader = spyware. Do not get anything from the EA downloader, it will phone home all your personal information to EA everytime you start it up.

Also, there is no new Holiday Pack. All reports of it are simply Maxian lies and propaganda.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:20 PM
Pescado, just for once I'm going to believe you.

About the spyware, that is.
#50 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
http://www.thesims2.se/news.read.asp?id=418

It has been confirmed....with pictures.

Can someone make that english?
Page 2 of 5